+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 of the same gun from crates? Seriously?

So far I have pulled 3 "perfected" longshot cannons from artillery crates in the store. The odds of that are next to impossible. Stuff like this you just have to post about to let Trion and others know what is happening or can happen. I understand that it's all RNG, but really?

Quote Originally Posted by Synister Kid View Post
    So far I have pulled 3 "perfected" longshot cannons from artillery crates in the store. The odds of that are next to impossible. Stuff like this you just have to post about to let Trion and others know what is happening or can happen. I understand that it's all RNG, but really?
    Computers are not random. So Yes, you should be getting duplicates.
    Irregardless of the cut and paste answers you get from customer service, and discounting their unknown weighting scheme, they still have to use a seed to create simulated randomness.

I would question whether or not they are exactly the same. If they are rolling the synergies and all the masteries separately then there should be some minor differences.

Did you sacrifice a pow to Irzu? RNG is the game has been messed up from the beginning according to us players however Trion as assured us many times that it is working as intended.
    Ign The Lady74
    PSN bearbug74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Synister Kid View Post
    ... what is happening or can happen. I understand that it's all RNG, but really?
    It's weighted RNG. You know, it's like pulling jackpot snipers over and over! After a while, it's just too obvious that the chance of getting a jackpot blast rifle and a jackpot sniper are not even close to the same. By the way I have a Precise longshot cannon if you'd like to make it four of a kind.
    "ALL MY BITS AND NO WIN A JP"

Lol LeeLee, that would make it 5 as I also pulled one. If I remember, the 3 Jenny pulled were all different synergies and nanos, but still, 3 of the same weapon type when there are what, 17 in there, is still a bit ridiculous.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

The probability of 3 Perfected weapons of the same type (ignoring the step of actually obtaining a Perfected weapon in the first place) is 1/4913 (1/17 x 1/17 x 1/17) or 0.02%.
    So, approx 1 out of every 5000 players should get this experience.

If you are looking for a single weapon type (e.g. a mass cannon) from the 17 types available then the chances are something like the following:

Where ‘success’ here is simply getting (at least one of) the correct weapon type (ignoring nano, synergy and class). This is assuming all types have equal chance.

So for example, if you get 20 Perfected weapons, there is a 70% chance you will get the specific weapon type you are looking for.

PS: I have put some suggestions for the current situation here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...with-Ex-Inanis
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.

Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    ...This is assuming all types have equal chance.[/url]
    I think it's safe to assume that this assumption is incorrect. LOL. Thanks for the numerical analysis LE, unfortunately, Defiance RNG and "equal chance" are completely antithetical to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLeeBelle View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that this assumption is incorrect. LOL. Thanks for the numerical analysis LE, unfortunately, Defiance RNG and "equal chance" are completely antithetical to one another.
    This reminds of the final episode of “My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss”, where they reveal the mysterious boss and decision maker is…a chimp in a suit, spinning a wheel :

Like those contestants, the players are in the dark as to exactly how all the layers of RNG work together.

Maybe the next event boss can be called "The RNG"? Players will be lining up to shoot its sorry behind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.

Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. I now have a Berserk Longshot Cannon to go along with my Precise Longshot Cannon. I should have a Dynamic Longshot Cannon by the end of the week. I heard there was a prize for the Longshot Cannon hat trick; 15 free inventory slots full of untradeable, un-vendor-able Liliths.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLeeBelle View Post
    I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not.
    You're clearly ahead of the curve... give yourself a round of applause, it's much deserved. Seriously.
    1984 Counselor of the Year