+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I miss the real event arkfalls

Hope you guys get the gist.

Pics were originally posted by Allgamer, Xaat, combo and Triglav.

Goal: To make Event Arkfalls feel like events again.

Problem:
    The addition of the Ex Inanis Runners and Purified Gulanite is a win.
    However, stripping drops and pursuits from Event Arkfalls is a terrible loss.

Solution:
    Event Arkfalls should function similarly (key word) to how they have in the past - dropping items of specific synergies and providing a quest for the player to work toward in the Pursuits tab. The Tarr Family contracts for completing such Arkfalls should be restored to their former glory - The dailies offering a Rare(+) piece and the weekly offering Epic(+) pieces of the appropriate syn.

The removal of the JP system as it were, was needed ...so as for a new system?

• Py Numbra when found, will offer 1 randomly selected (AR/Det/RL/Sniper/Etc.) JP Item that is of the current event arkfall synergy. Weapon-mods and non-JP's will of course have to be farmed by completing major and minor event arkfalls. This will produce fewer numbers of JP items compared to the old system.

• The Ex Inanis Runners will function as is; offering 3 synergies for a limited time before rotating to 3 different synergies. Perfected weapons, and "Runner-Exclusive" JP items remain. The 3 synergies offered would never overlap with any event synergies of the time.

• Loyalty Vendors offer "Legacy" JP's, and with the above change to Py Numbra, they will (once again) be the only way to acquire such items - Aside from trading among players, of course.

Conclusion:

These changes provide not only a solution to the old JP system and it's flaws; they provide the player with a number of rewarding options, they incentivize participation in event-arkfalls, and altogether make Defiance a more captivating experience.

In short, it makes Defiance more FUN!

All the required pieces are already in place, and these changes tie all the pieces together.
    ~Love Defiance... wish Trion did as well~

Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    I think most people would have got the gist by now

Event arkfall drops have been mentioned a few times

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...50#post2017850
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...68#post2018068
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...05#post2018905
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...21#post2019721
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...51#post2019951
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...69#post2019969
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...91#post2020191
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...94#post2020394
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...05#post2020905

Many people liked that part of the old system, I'm sure. I think it made the old style events more fun, really.

My guess is, the devs want to give Ex Inanis a go, as it is. It currently means less work in terms of updates/patches (Midsummer Mutiny started without the need for a patch to update the event loot table) and potentially less lag (from rendering the ground loot), less chance of vanishing mods etc.

Perhaps some hybrid system could be put in place for the future, who knows? Hopefully, we will get an official response in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    ~~~ 6K - PC EU ~~~
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

I think the SJW part of the solution is a obstacle to get a good solution that everyone can enjoy.

Before you only needed to hit 1 enemy with a shot to get a score and you where entitled to 1 weapon and 1 mod. Now you have to almost attend the whole final and shoot everything to get the max of 280 pg. Then you have earned -2- 125 pg crates.

Now all AFK haters are happy, but the finals doesnt feel as fun anymore for a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Babe View Post
    Goal: To make Event Arkfalls feel like events again.

Problem:
    The addition of the Ex Inanis Runners and Purified Gulanite is a win.
    However, stripping drops and pursuits from Event Arkfalls is a terrible loss.

Solution:
    Event Arkfalls should function similarly (key word) to how they have in the past - dropping items of specific synergies and providing a quest for the player to work toward in the Pursuits tab. The Tarr Family contracts for completing such Arkfalls should be restored to their former glory - The dailies offering a Rare(+) piece and the weekly offering Epic(+) pieces of the appropriate syn.

The removal of the JP system as it were, was needed ...so as for a new system?

• Py Numbra when found, will offer 1 randomly selected (AR/Det/RL/Sniper/Etc.) JP Item that is of the current event arkfall synergy. Weapon-mods and non-JP's will of course have to be farmed by completing major and minor event arkfalls. This will produce fewer numbers of JP items compared to the old system.

• The Ex Inanis Runners will function as is; offering 3 synergies for a limited time before rotating to 3 different synergies. Perfected weapons, and "Runner-Exclusive" JP items remain. The 3 synergies offered would never overlap with any event synergies of the time.

• Loyalty Vendors offer "Legacy" JP's, and with the above change to Py Numbra, they will (once again) be the only way to acquire such items - Aside from trading among players, of course.

Conclusion:

These changes provide not only a solution to the old JP system and it's flaws; they provide the player with a number of rewarding options, they incentivize participation in event-arkfalls, and altogether make Defiance a more captivating experience.

In short, it makes Defiance more FUN!

All the required pieces are already in place, and these changes tie all the pieces together.
    Baloney your a trader and I have seen your trade spam many times. Your changes to Py-Numbra aren't in any way good for common players and will only benefit traders, the way he is now is the best it gives every and all players a chance to get Legacy Named JPs which is having an effect on trades now since they aren't worth as much.

Lets face it trading had gotten way out of hand with the high prices and stuff some traders were demanding for the the top shelf items.

Now it's coming back down to more realistic trading and some don't like that

I miss the days when it wasn't such a chore to log in, run around Paradise, and blast some Raider scum.

When a game becomes a chore to play, that's about the same time I say "goodbye"... and begin to drastically cut down my playtime on said game.
    1982 Counselor of the Year

Fortunately, the Ex Inanis system was tested in Ps3, this allows us to think in an eventual decision about buy or not this game in Ps4, "if there were one possibility".
    I love the old system, jps, arkfalls and all the paraphernalia about the event, I miss too.
    This is no longer a funny game, is one job for PG.
    IGN: Alahali671
    CLAN: Defiance Terminators (Leader)

SIG BY TAURIIEL

The simplest thing to do is to add an extra event specific loot cache to the runners whenever an event is active. The cache would function exactly like the current Ex Inanis 125 PG loot cache (including Karma) except the weapons and mods would be event specific and instead of perfected weapons it could award one of jackpots for that event. This is what I thought they were going to do when Destro posted that they were removing the drops and rewards from event majors and I don't understand why the didn't do it this way.

That's a really good idea r1p, adding the specific crates. Would let the people that want the terrible MM syn stuff to be able to get it, and would let the players that know better and already have had and salvaged said gear to get something better.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post

Pics were originally posted by Allgamer, Xaat, combo and Triglav.
    I miss this too
    The events now become nonsense for me