+ Reply to Thread

PG system update is awesome. A few ideas to help push for a better Defiance.

I play with a lot of day 1/Year 1 vets and returning back to grinding for gear has brought back great memories. Over the past few years, it was shard bouncing for event majors all day long hoping to pull that jp you just have to have. We did nothing else. Contracts? meh, nty...nothing I need from those rep vendors. The PG grind now have us looking for and doing them again (except Alamo...that one isnt worth the effort. lol)

Changes for the better.
    Update key lockboxes to drop new gear or create a new set of boxes. There isnt anything those boxes are going to drop that I want or would ever use. We power curved them to useless with 3 years of new synergies.

3 synergies in the IE crates. LOVE the option of getting one of three syns, BUT the amount of mods we have to store has the community back to affecting servers storage again. 1500 inv full and a few hundred in claims...cant dump any because I might pull something that needs them. Its a vicious circle. At least add t3 IE mods to a vendor so we can at least not have the need to hoard them in our inventories. Standard syn T3s and T4s should just be available to buy when we need them...again, something we still have lots of inventory space being used for.

Fast travel points. Port Bruno is a high crit danger zone location to travel to and from. Everyone travels to Water Temp and drives everywhere...could we get another fast travel location added to the left-mid of SV?

...and 2 shields. Something changed over the past two years, and its shield drop rates in boxes. T4 lockboxes and ARM boxes has a 95% chance of giving 2 shields per box. Ive salvaged more shields than anything else.

to cont.

Goal: To make Event Arkfalls feel like events again.

Problem:
    The addition of the Ex Inanis Runners and Purified Gulanite is a win.
    However, stripping drops and pursuits from Event Arkfalls is a terrible loss.

Solution:
    Event Arkfalls should function similarly (key word) to how they have in the past - dropping items of specific synergies and providing a quest for the player to work toward in the Pursuits tab. The Tarr Family contracts for completing such Arkfalls should be restored to their former glory - The dailies offering a Rare(+) piece and the weekly offering Epic(+) pieces of the appropriate syn.

The removal of the JP system as it were, was needed ...so as for a new system?

• Py Numbra when found, will offer 1 randomly selected (AR/Det/RL/Sniper/Etc.) JP Item that is of the current event arkfall synergy. Weapon-mods and non-JP's will of course have to be farmed by completing major and minor event arkfalls. This will produce fewer numbers of JP items compared to the old system.

• The Ex Inanis Runners will function as is; offering 3 synergies for a limited time before rotating to 3 different synergies. Perfected weapons, and "Runner-Exclusive" JP items remain. The 3 synergies offered would never overlap with any event synergies of the time.

• Loyalty Vendors offer "Legacy" JP's, and with the above change to Py Numbra, they will (once again) be the only way to acquire such items - Aside from trading among players, of course.

Conclusion:

These changes provide not only a solution to the old JP system and it's flaws; they provide the player with a number of rewarding options, they incentivize participation in event-arkfalls, and altogether make Defiance a more captivating experience.

In short, it makes Defiance more FUN!

All the required pieces are already in place, and these changes tie all the pieces together.

Quote Originally Posted by Crack View Post
    I play with a lot of day 1/Year 1 vets and returning back to grinding for gear has brought back great memories. Over the past few years, it was shard bouncing for event majors all day long hoping to pull that jp you just have to have. We did nothing else. Contracts? meh, nty...nothing I need from those rep vendors. The PG grind now have us looking for and doing them again (except Alamo...that one isnt worth the effort. lol)

Changes for the better.
    Update key lockboxes to drop new gear or create a new set of boxes. There isnt anything those boxes are going to drop that I want or would ever use. We power curved them to useless with 3 years of new synergies.

3 synergies in the IE crates. LOVE the option of getting one of three syns, BUT the amount of mods we have to store has the community back to affecting servers storage again. 1500 inv full and a few hundred in claims...cant dump any because I might pull something that needs them. Its a vicious circle. At least add t3 IE mods to a vendor so we can at least not have the need to hoard them in our inventories. Standard syn T3s and T4s should just be available to buy when we need them...again, something we still have lots of inventory space being used for.

Fast travel points. Port Bruno is a high crit danger zone location to travel to and from. Everyone travels to Water Temp and drives everywhere...could we get another fast travel location added to the left-mid of SV?

...and 2 shields. Something changed over the past two years, and its shield drop rates in boxes. T4 lockboxes and ARM boxes has a 95% chance of giving 2 shields per box. Ive salvaged more shields than anything else.

to cont.
    This is wonderful. This update actually has me back to grinding pursuits. Mainly because their is a reward worth working towards besides picking on Stoodakiss. Event Arkfalls stopped being special when they started having them every month. I can't stand to grind, not at all. My pursuit rating is a 16something and I have been playing for 4 yrs. I have hardly no rep for any of the fractions, why cause the stupid dailies are the same everyday. Now I do them because my reward is any JP that the vendor has for that I want. I don't play the buying, or selling portion of this game. Anything I have I don't want I vendor, or give away for free. That includes Supremes and JPs, contrariwise I am blessed with great friends who if they see a weapon they know I would like they get me one. So as far the suggest in post two that I have now seen posted 5 times, I'll pass.
    Ign The Lady74
    PSN bearbug74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate