Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Its time to remove island of lost soldiers co-op map

The abuse of the island of lost soldiers has now ratcheted up to being caustic to this game.

Groups of glitchers are now stealing matches by kicking legit players so that they can af farm multiple coop at the same time. unfortunately I was indeed a victim of several of these groups last nite while QM'ing in coop. sadly they are convincing lower level players to start at match only to leave and jump back in at the boss level in order to kick the players and steal the match from them in order to drop in their own alts. They have gone from glitch completing in a few minutes to stealing in a few seconds.

This is not an isolated to just one or two bad apples. This was being done by people I have respected and considered friends in the past, and by clans whose leaders would never condone such behavior.

I know that in the past CS has said to just to report abusive players. I already know the cut and paste answers from CS and will not. And sadly the abuse is so rampant that it would now take more time to report the players than time spent playing the game.

Now the abuse of this coop map is to the point where it is causing harm to other players; it is time to just remove it.

Sorry you had that experience, Darknessss.

I would still suggest something like the following (over removing the map):

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    The key ingredient for teamwork is communication!

Been trying to think of solutions where everyone is happy, FWIW.

Solo

I don't think they should remove the map, fixing it seems to be tricky and takes a long time. I think they could just make it possible to solo or do it with just one friend who needs the Chimera coop etc. Then this enables the players who don't run the maps all day for arkforge, to just play the map as it was intended.

Perhaps, if people/Trion are concerned about people abusing that (farming or whatever), it could be made a once per coop per day deal. That means, if you just want to do the contracts and do the relevant coops once, you can do them solo or with 1 or 2 friends. And there is no risk of a player doing the same map solo, all day long.

Group Permissions (and Teleport too)

Another feature to add, would be the option to prevent anyone from joining you. That means, if you want to solo a coop or expo, you can. No one will be kicked and no-one would even know (unless they were your friends or clan mates and they tried to join you). This feature could even have further options to allow friends and/or clan mates only.

A situation that has arisen before: I was showing a new player the data recorder locations on a coop map and trying to help them with the pursuits, and then we were joined by a 6K player who wanted to get the map done ASAP (nothing wrong with that either). That potential conflict of interests could be avoided with more advanced options, without the need to mute anyone.

Advanced options:

-[ ]- Prevent all players from teleporting to you
    ---[ ]--- Allow friends
    ---[ ]--- Allow clan mates

-[ ]- Prevent all players from joining you in expeditions and coops
    ---[ ]--- Allow friends
    ---[ ]--- Allow clan mates

If players have more control, they can play how they want to play without affecting anyone else. And if these settings can be toggled quickly and easily, even better. It's a bit like the different states for websites etc where you can set your status to "Do Not Disturb" or whatever. The teleport thing exists in other games (I think Trove has something like this).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    "
    Where there's despair in life let me bring hope
    Where there is darkness, only light"

Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Oh boy here we go again with IoLS whining.

The fact of the matter is you can for any reason or none at all be kicked from any co-op and not just Iols.
    Find like minded individuals that want to play it the normal way, group up and que in together or face the randomness of playing with randoms.
    PSN: Null_Wolf

Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the game is made. Defiance-the T-shirt, Defiance-the Coloring Book, Defiance-the Lunch box, Defiance-the Breakfast Cereal, Defiance-the Flame Thrower, Defiance-the Bitstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Sorry you had that experience, Darknessss.

I would still suggest something like the following (over removing the map):
    they just need to fix it. placing double walls in the right spots will put a end to it

Quote Originally Posted by NullWolf View Post
    Oh boy here we go again with IoLS whining.

The fact of the matter is you can for any reason or none at all be kicked from any co-op and not just Iols.
    Find like minded individuals that want to play it the normal way, group up and que in together or face the randomness of playing with randoms.
    I like QM'ing, I like random groups of new people, and that is how I will keep playing.

No, I will not change the way I play simply because the abusive behavior is being tolerated.
    No, I will not keep quite. I will speak up, I will not be silenced by rude comments.
    Labeling those whose choose to speak up as whiners only gives the abusers a chance to keep causing harm to other players.

Plain and simply put - it is time to remove island of lost soldiers.

The call of removal of content because you keep getting kicked from a particular coop map is indeed a whine.

God bless your wee soul if you ever stumble upon Explosions 101 and the players trying to level up their vehicle levels there.

Deathbringer offers a good suggestion but the best course of action would be to just make arkforge drop at decent payrates for everything and not drops in the bucket for everything but coop and expo (after a high enough tier)
    PSN: Null_Wolf

Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the game is made. Defiance-the T-shirt, Defiance-the Coloring Book, Defiance-the Lunch box, Defiance-the Breakfast Cereal, Defiance-the Flame Thrower, Defiance-the Bitstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessss View Post

No, I will not change the way I play simply because the abusive behavior is being tolerated.
    No, I will not keep quite. I will speak up, I will not be silenced by rude comments.
    Labeling those whose choose to speak up as whiners only gives the abusers a chance to keep causing harm to other players.

i also hate IOLS and the awkward "dock moment" at the start; but, calling for content to be completely removed because you don't approve could be considered selfish and "rude comments" - perspective is a funny thing
    Insomniac Hunters: Tashinka, ZombieRahm Tak, ZombieKupack Kurr
    Casa Blumpkin: Purple Dude
    Members Only: Tash pt0
    Defiance Terminators: Sgt Rasta
    psn: j599kbvvaak
    #BringBackClownPunching

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessss View Post
    I like QM'ing, I like random groups of new people, and that is how I will keep playing.

Then you will just have to deal with the chances of being kicked. Removing IOLS is not the solution.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

I wonder where all of you were when they removed event arkfall drops! You agree with removing some parts but not the other parts.

Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    I wonder where all of you were when they removed event arkfall drops! You agree with removing some parts but not the other parts.
    i was in the hospital . lost a few years worth of cores