+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

  Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Karma ex inanis BROKEN

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Chump Norris View Post
    Karma is working, stop buying 500 pg boxes and only buy the 125 pg boxes. That gets you 4 Karma points vs 1 Karma point per 500 spent, you will notice the difference.

    Prob going to get a crappy Karma drop but you will know its working.
    This. If you are focused on getting your karma to pop, there is no reason to be buying any other box.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mckllrx View Post
    It's karma shouldn't be the same as it was before,they said in the last live stream that you should be getting perfected drops frequently and at a significantly higher drop rate then before
    This could potentially just mean higher drop % before hitting 100% while maintaining the same ceiling. That being said, for me personally, they do seem to drop at a faster rate than with the old system.

    Wuzu (6000) | WuTu Tree (6000) 6k the hard way. | PSN: J_r0n1n (NA)
    Wuzu's Warehouse | My Free Bin
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.

  2. #22
    Member Light Energy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    PC EU (6K)
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckllrx View Post
    It's karma shouldn't be the same as it was before,they said in the last live stream that you should be getting perfected drops frequently and at a significantly higher drop rate then before
    Thanks for the reminder .

    OK, I re-watched the live stream:

    With respect to the Perfected Weapon (PW) drop rate they said:
    Rarnok: "You are going to be getting more of these than jackpots previously. They will be coming out at a pretty solid rate".
    Destro: "You're gonna get these very frequent".


    So the regular roll probability should have been buffed. Perhaps the karma roll probability too. Not sure about the max karma count (especially if people are still seeing 70+, then 100 might still be the max).

    Going by the rough 2/100 drop rate for PW that several have players have told me, the probabilities could have been doubled: e.g. instead of 1/100 it could be 1/50.

    So it could follow a pattern like this (where the cache count is from the last time karma triggered)
    Cache 1: R = 1/50, K = 2/100
    Cache 2: R = 1/50, K = 2/99
    Cache 3: R = 1/50, K = 2/98
    Cache 4: R = 1/50, K = 2/97
    Where R is the regular roll, and K is the karma roll.

    It really needs more data - I know some players are keeping track (I have only been buying a few Artillery caches or 1000 PG mod caches, if at all...and I haven't been tracking my karma count).

    How about maintaining the "125 PG to 1 karma" ratio across the board, for all caches?
    What do people think about that?
    So for example, the 1000 PG mod caches could be worth 8 karma points (1000 / 125 = 8).

    We are paying more PG to reduce the variance - fair enough , but I don't know if we should be penalised on karma, on top of having to fork out more PG. It still means we would get fewer mods in total (compared to the old system).

  3. #23
    Member konstantinov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    the beach
    Posts
    9,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Thanks for the reminder .

    OK, I re-watched the live stream:

    With respect to the Perfected Weapon (PW) drop rate they said:
    Rarnok: "You are going to be getting more of these than jackpots previously. They will be coming out at a pretty solid rate".
    Destro: "You're gonna get these very frequent".


    So the regular roll probability should have been buffed. Perhaps the karma roll probability too. Not sure about the max karma count (especially if people are still seeing 70+, then 100 might still be the max).

    Going by the rough 2/100 drop rate for PW that several have players have told me, the probabilities could have been doubled: e.g. instead of 1/100 it could be 1/50.

    So it could follow a pattern like this (where the cache count is from the last time karma triggered)
    Cache 1: R = 1/50, K = 2/100
    Cache 2: R = 1/50, K = 2/99
    Cache 3: R = 1/50, K = 2/98
    Cache 4: R = 1/50, K = 2/97
    Where R is the regular roll, and K is the karma roll.

    It really needs more data - I know some players are keeping track (I have only been buying a few Artillery caches or 1000 PG mod caches, if at all...and I haven't been tracking my karma count).

    How about maintaining the "125 PG to 1 karma" ratio across the board, for all caches?
    What do people think about that?
    So for example, the 1000 PG mod caches could be worth 8 karma points (1000 / 125 = 8).

    We are paying more PG to reduce the variance - fair enough , but I don't know if we should be penalised on karma, on top of having to fork out more PG. It still means we would get fewer mods in total (compared to the old system).
    You're not being penalized. If that were the case then why don't all bit store boxes grant 4 loyalty points like the rig crates?
    JP Rig Info
    sig by Tauriiel

  4. #24
    Member Light Energy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    PC EU (6K)
    Posts
    903
    I would be amazed if I'm the only one that can see what is going on here .

    Why do the cheapest caches award more karma per PG than the most expensive ones?
    I would like to hear Destromathe's response to that question, if I may

    I believe the answer is a purely technical one. Originally the karma function/code was only triggered at the end of and event major. That specific action trigger the karma method/function.

    Now with Ex Inanis, that karma function was moved to the vendor(s). Every time a cache is purchased, the karma function is triggered (not karma proccing, just the function which does the karma calculations). It applies to all caches, regardless of the cost etc. As a side effect, since not all caches are the same price, some caches give a lot more karma than other caches.

    The mod only cache originally did not have any karma attached to it and this was changed due to player feedback.

    In the livestream, Rarnok also said:
    "We want you guys to be stoked on this. We want you guys to get what you want.
    We want you guys to play how you wanna play and get the weapons you wanna get.
    "


    And I think that's great! Destro also said something similar .

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post

    Rarnok: "You are going to be getting more of these than jackpots previously. They will be coming out at a pretty solid rate".
    Destro: "You're gonna get these very frequent".
    "Frequent" and "pretty solid rate" Where and How? The Endless grind of currency has given the majority of us NOTHING worthwhile.

  6. #26
    Member r1p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    I would be amazed if I'm the only one that can see what is going on here .

    Why do the cheapest caches award more karma per PG than the most expensive ones?
    I would like to hear Destromathe's response to that question, if I may

    I believe the answer is a purely technical one. Originally the karma function/code was only triggered at the end of and event major. That specific action trigger the karma method/function.

    Now with Ex Inanis, that karma function was moved to the vendor(s). Every time a cache is purchased, the karma function is triggered (not karma proccing, just the function which does the karma calculations). It applies to all caches, regardless of the cost etc. As a side effect, since not all caches are the same price, some caches give a lot more karma than other caches.

    The mod only cache originally did not have any karma attached to it and this was changed due to player feedback.

    In the livestream, Rarnok also said:
    "We want you guys to be stoked on this. We want you guys to get what you want.
    We want you guys to play how you wanna play and get the weapons you wanna get.
    "


    And I think that's great! Destro also said something similar .
    It's a trade-off not a penalty. Honestly what you are proposing just sounds like a case of "having your cake and eating it too".

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bit store rehab
    Posts
    1,096
    Seems like the fact that the crates all have 1 karma attached to them is due to the tailoring of what you want. If you want to gamble on the supply crates, which have a chance of dropping ant weapon type, you get one karma. Or, of you would like to "tailor your grind" to the weapon specific types, you still get one karma, but since you are limiting or cutting down your RNG it's gonna take more PG to do so.

    Oddly enough, I was focused on getting a mass cannon. So I was getting a lot of the artillery crates. Didn't happen. Bought a bunch of the 125 supply crates, got a syphon ST mass cannon. Go figure.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

    Link to my items for sale post

    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

  8. #28
    Member Light Energy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    PC EU (6K)
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    It's a trade-off not a penalty. Honestly what you are proposing just sounds like a case of "having your cake and eating it too".
    As I said, I understand the trade-off with the PG, but why is there a trade off with karma as well? That is the part I am unclear on.

    Just as an example (since I do not know what other players have spent their PG on in any detail), I decided to spend 20K on 20 x 1000 PG mod caches (to mod a few weapons, such as a OJ brood lobber a clan mate kindly gave me). This gave me 20 karma points and a lot of mods I cannot use (I am trying to give them away). At least the brood lobber has 4 mods on it .
    Instead of getting 160 karma points, I got 20 karma points. I didn't choose to get less karma, I simply attempted to mod one or two weapons...yeah I know, my mistake for using the caches the way they were intended .

    Would still like to know other points of view on this

    Perhaps there are one or two players out there that haven't just been buying the Ex Inanis Mod Caches?
    I don't know why players should get saltiness from other players (on other threads), just for choosing box B instead of box A. If it is wrong to choose box B, then blame the game for putting it there , don't blame the players.

  9. #29
    Member Light Energy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    PC EU (6K)
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    Seems like the fact that the crates all have 1 karma attached to them is due to the tailoring of what you want. If you want to gamble on the supply crates, which have a chance of dropping ant weapon type, you get one karma. Or, of you would like to "tailor your grind" to the weapon specific types, you still get one karma, but since you are limiting or cutting down your RNG it's gonna take more PG to do so.
    Yeah, I can definitely see the "PG vs RNG" aspect Still would like the official line on the karma part, because that seems like it is discouraging purchases of a Patron Pass. If there are players who still have old PS or ST weapons from years ago (for example) and all they want to do is mod them, they don't seem to be getting as much benefit from karma.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    Oddly enough, I was focused on getting a mass cannon. So I was getting a lot of the artillery crates. Didn't happen. Bought a bunch of the 125 supply crates, got a syphon ST mass cannon. Go figure.
    Yes, a few players in game have said similar things to me .

    Trying to give a shortened version of my reply here: I don't want a whole heap of stuff to sort through!

    It may appeal to those who can trade/sell all the random weapons and mods they get (and they could make a little profit on it too). I don't trade that much and it is hard to trade on PC/EU when scrip has little value, mods go for mods etc. And there don't seem to be many players around that want 4 commando scopes or whatever .

  10. #30
    It really comes down to what Light Energy quoted. We were promised a higher drop rate than events. If this promise were kept we should be getting a perfected every 1 in 20-40 caches imo, not 1 in 50-70.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts