+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    So you finally get some more help but you are going to ignore the bugs n problems that everyone wants fixed and look for new problems that only affect a few? Why not fix the ones you are aware of instead of looking for new ones to ignore?

This sounds like a solid plan and great use of resources, fixing things almost no one will notice...

I guess now would be a good time to admit to the community that you cant or wont fix those things so player quit blaming weapon classes, play style, multi boxers, or afkers. Its in the code!!
    I agree with you. Why do they focus on "lesser known bugs" that are not major concerns! Lag and disconnects On the other hand are the two main problems that everyone wants a fix for.

Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    I agree with you. Why do they focus on "lesser known bugs" that are not major concerns! Lag and disconnects On the other hand are the two main problems that everyone wants a fix for.
    Because after 4 years of defiance, if youre still here, then its not that big of a problem. Right?

Environment: PS3 NA
    Name: Zer0Playr
    Time: anytime
    Context: Crystal Springs - bugs in that mission that I have to talk with the Foreman to end it. I'd like to do this without glitching the mission with a duel in the area, even if I have to break a siege before finish this objective. The same problem happens when I try to start the mission "Aftermath: Until the Arks Rise". Even glitching by creating a duel doesn't work.
    Expected: the interactive objects need to stop flicking and change to the place of Sylicon Valley's Siege is, in the case of this being the problem for those missions.
    Observed: As I said: the duel creation around the area can resolve the problem with Foreman, but doesn't work in Until the Arks Rise.
    Repro Steps: try to interact with important objects or NPCs to complete a mission objective.

Sig by Tauriiel
    Assista aos meus vídeos/Watch my videos
    Playing old Defiance at: PS3 NA (old) and PC NA (2050)/ Só vem!! >>> Galaxy Rangers xBrazilx

environment-NA PS3
    name-Lexxy Snow
    time-Every login from XMB to game

context-Anywhere, any character

expected-When changing control option of "double tap crouch to roll" to off, settings should stay off after relogging to XMB and reloading game

observed-Once relogged to XMB and then reloading into game, option goes back to "double tap crouch to roll" set to on

repro steps-as above. login to game from XMB, adjust "double tap crouch to roll" to off. log out to XMB. log back in. "double tap crouch to roll" is set to on again.

I was sick of doing this months ago. I do it every single time I log in because double-tap to roll isn't consistent and strains my controller buttons. I can be far more responsive in battle if "double tap to roll" is off but I'm always switching it off after every quit to XMB and relog.

This problem may be related to other settings. I haven't tested it on many. On the reverse, my remapping of triangle and X - a swap of their functions - persists through quitting to XMB and relogging.

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    Environment: PS3/NA
    Name: r1p
    Time: always
    Context: Explosions 101 co-op.
    Expected: The cut-scene before fighting the Hulker to play only once.
    Observed: The cut-scene repeats multiple times.
    Repro Steps: Enter the room for the Hulker in the Explosions 101 co-op.
    Quote Originally Posted by rita mortis View Post
    Hi , I believe this happens because there used to be two hulkers in here and it was only when it was changed to one hulker that the cut scene started repeating itself
    what we see happening is if all party members aren't close to the hulker door, in the little hallway for example, if they get pulled from wherever they are on the map and when they get pulled through the doorway it triggers the cutscene again if you stand in the space next to the door the cutscene plays once.
    be mindful of what you ask to be 'fixed'

Environment: NA
    Name: Miss Teri. or anyone really
    Time: can happen anytime
    Context: in expeditions is when it is a problem. outside of expeditions its no big deal. i recieve Too much damage, from either my weapon or from an enemy.
    Expected: to just die and not auto-extract and be given the choice to revive or extract or be revived
    Observed: I/we get auto-extracted out of the expedition and lose all progress/rounds.
    Screenshots for PCs:
    Repro Steps: take as much damage at one time as you can so use electric explosive weapon while in a damage spike while using overchage or use a gun that kills you while an electric nano is applied to you by yourself or en enemy. or take a hit in I presume our crit if we have one to mobs that does too much damage that you instantly get extracted.

ultimately I suppose adding an extra expedition or as many as can be with different enemies and a new set of guns, including a blast rifle, bombardier, striker, chango fragger. or add random nanos to the explosive weapons in the current expo guns on offer, update the superiority synergy to be able to compete or surpass the newer current synergies, have expeditions drop the random guns with the superiority synergies.

add a selfrevive indicator next to the group health indicators on the hud

fix warmster (or make it an expedition style event maybe with a leadup to the fight) where it round based getting harder each round and if you extract you're out.
    make the warmaster dlc weapons supremable, add a warmaster synergy to the guns.

more loadouts would help some as was said in the livestream several several months ago we are given more and more types of items it will be looked at giving us more loadouts to be able to use them more effectively.

a way to take mods off a gun without destroying the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0Playr View Post
    Environment: PS3 NA
    Name: Zer0Playr
    Time: anytime
    Context: Crystal Springs - bugs in that mission that I have to talk with the Foreman to end it. I'd like to do this without glitching the mission with a duel in the area, even if I have to break a siege before finish this objective. The same problem happens when I try to start the mission "Aftermath: Until the Arks Rise". Even glitching by creating a duel doesn't work.
    Expected: the interactive objects need to stop flicking and change to the place of Sylicon Valley's Siege is, in the case of this being the problem for those missions.
    Observed: As I said: the duel creation around the area can resolve the problem with Foreman, but doesn't work in Until the Arks Rise.
    Repro Steps: try to interact with important objects or NPCs to complete a mission objective.
    this^ please fix this, it's like the old fila kuma delta mission, but I can end up helping 5-20 players a day or see them asking in chat for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    So you finally get some more help but you are going to ignore the bugs n problems that everyone wants fixed and look for new problems that only affect a few? Why not fix the things that really matter instead of looking for new ones to ignore?

This sounds like a solid plan and great use of resources, fixing things almost no one will notice...

I guess now would be a good time to admit to the community that you cant or wont fix those things so players quit blaming weapon classes, play style, multi boxers, or afkers. Its in the code!! Come clean!!

After 4 years its time to give the community something it really wants. BETTER INVENTORY MANAGEMENT TOOLS!!
    It doesn't say that they won't be addressing any of those issues, just that it's not necessary to post about them since they are already aware of them. It helps to cut down on the amount of noise in the thread and focuses people on identifying other issues that may not be as prominent but are just as disruptive instead of just creating "ditto" posts about disconnects and hard freezes or "you know what would be a great feature?" posts.

For anyone wondering why they should bother with this here is my take:

They are compiling a list of all of the issues that they can and they will probably be prioritized based on the amount of time and effort to track down and fix. Usually in cases like this the focus is on the bugs that can be easily identified and fixed first. Details such as date and time, location, and who is nearby can be used to search the logs for information about what might be causing the bug. So providing date/time and location details when you stop receiving points when shooting enemies, get auto-extracted from expeditions, get perma-poop shoes in PvP, or hard freeze in the matrix while viewing mods can help them track down and fix the bugs faster.

That being said, I know that we went through this song and dance once before with the "Bug Bash" and I was one of their harshest critics when it failed to accomplish anything substantial. We have been clamoring for them to do something for a long time and this is their chance to prove whether they are as dedicated to this game as they say they are because if this turns into another "Winter Bash" there will probably be an all out mutiny.

Also, for what it's worth I doubt that it's possible to fix most of the disconnect and hard freeze issues because they are probably caused by a combination of flaky code that was rushed out the door at release by the original (and terminated) dev team, the over-utilization of under-powered console hardware, and what I assume is a shared code base for all 3 platforms. However, there are a slew of other bugs that can be fixed and providing detailed and accurate information should enable them to fix more bugs faster because there is no telling how long these "additional resources" will be available.

glitch out exploding radiation kamikaze hellbug archers
    all of them do it
    they do it in expos and the free world
    repro steps : all you have to do is just walk right by them . and watch them kamikaze explode on you
    ps3 na
    Deathbringer210
    it happens all day everyday

+ Reply to Thread