+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

You about that bike life?

Hey guys so as you know if you've read my Boombox thread I'm 17 years old, in the UK at 17 a 125cc engine motorcycle is the biggest engine you can get, I've had my eye on the aprilla rs4 125, I was going to go with the older model as they are faster but I hear they require to much maintenance and aren't that reliable. So why did I make this thread, I don't know much about bikes and this is probably the wrong place to ask but if i were to remove the limiter on the newer 125's would that make it faster? I know it would make it faster of the line but would it increase the top speed? I was watching a video where some dude was trying to max it out he got up to 120mph and hit the limiter, you could tell the bike wanted to go faster, he even said it himself.
    Btw this is the bike I'm trying to save up for if any of you care

https://www.gumtree.com/p/aprilia-mo...600/1257421584

(I'm going to try to find that video again and send a link here)
    EGO: 6,000 (In my dreams)
    IGN: Talha Suleman
    PSN: God_Of_All_Gods_
    Clan: TN1's School For Scrubs

Dust 514 Legend

Im not a bike person but I can google the **** out of anything. Lol. I think youd get better info from someone here. There may already be a post on your question. Search it.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/forum.php?

Be safe

I know nothing about British bikes bro im a old school bike guy I have a 86 kaw vulcan 1200 ccs in my garage getting chopped into a bobber gonna be my club hopper... Yes im in a m/c I know you Brits cant ride our big boy toys there which is a shame when you have a chance to come to our side of the pond to ride ur mind will be blown. I met a few Brits doing a cross country ride on a friends bike or they bought 1 just 4 the ride..

Thats kinda what im doing to it

001.jpg

Hi , forget about going fast at the moment and concentrate on getting road experience , removing the limiter will make your bike illegal for a learner rider, you are limited to 11kw and a power to weight ratio of not more than 0.1 is per kg, even after passing your test you are restricted to 33Bhp . Get any bike to pass your test on then think about getting a better bike to pass the a2 test or you are stuck with a 400cc or33bhp bike forever

Hey Rita, bikes and equipment are normally provided at the test, they don't need to know I have a bike lol. Zhans, good luck on your bike bro that Looks awesome, I want a Harley myself after I get a bike and a car so not any time soon lol

https://goo.gl/images/3TR8nF

I want something like that, I have no idea what that's called but I just seen it on Google images lol
    and I'll make sure to check that forum out Cygnus, thanks.

Dust 514 Legend

Yes you can hire bike and kit for doing your cbt , even if you have a bike it makes no difference to it , but until you get road sense and realise that that car sitting 600m up the road is gonna pull out on you there is no point getting a bike to do 120mph to become a pile of strawberry jam to get scraped off the road . That and you will be surprised at the wind trying to pull you off at that speed , you do not say if you have any riding experience ?

Quote Originally Posted by rita mortis View Post
    Yes you can hire bike and kit for doing your cbt , even if you have a bike it makes no difference to it , but until you get road sense and realise that that car sitting 600m up the road is gonna pull out on you there is no point getting a bike to do 120mph to become a pile of strawberry jam to get scraped off the road . That and you will be surprised at the wind trying to pull you off at that speed , you do not say if you have any riding experience ?
    the most experience I've had was a YouTube video lol but it looks easy

Dust 514 Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Talha Suleman View Post
    the most experience I've had was a YouTube video lol but it looks easy
    As someone who had been riding for longer than you have been alive, that is one of the dumbest and most ignorant thing I have ever read.

Not trying to be an a** here, but safety and proper experience on a bike saves lives. Most accidents and fatalities are caused by inexperienced riders getting bikes that are too big for them and their level of riding. Start small. Get experience. Go fast later. Best thing you could do would be to get a dirtbike and go crash in a field a bunch of times. Dirt is softer than concrete.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Well said Johnny , this is exactly the point I was trying to make, I have taught my 3 kids to ride the youngest being your age Tahla , and even after years of riding it is still easy for an ******* to wipe you out and say ooops I didn't see you . As for experience there is more to it than watching a YouTube video and you will need some practical experience before even sitting your cbt part one test and this is where a dirt bike in the field comes in ,