+ Reply to Thread

Defiance game season 1

Hey
    I have been wondering about the season 1 thing in game... Is it going to be tied in to season 1 of the show? If so that would mean that season 2 would be implemented to the game after season 1 of the show will be finishied... which for me sounds far away like a year unless ther is going to be new game season with every dlc that would be nice.

-b4l00n

Shadow Legion is recruiting!

'Tempus Fugit Aeternitas Manet'
    'Time Flees Eternity Dwells'
    Leader of The Shadow Legion xbox clan
    GT: b4l00n

more or less

as the show airs, some missions will be added - they're held back because they don't want spoilers for the show being revealed.

At the end of the season, there's a massive update being made, including geography changes. Some of this is free content, other parts are paid, but the DLC is optional, and they don't want to exclude anyone from play just because they haven't purchased DLC content.

Season 2 will likely be in 1 year, a few weeks before the show airs. By that time we'll have had at least 5 DLC packs

from the community post:

"What’s our DLC plan? – I’ve seen a lot of you mention this and this is material for an entire blog post because there is so much I want to talk about. However, let’s be short. There are at least 5 DLCs this year. They all have a free and paid component. We do not want to segregate our playerbase so we always want everybody be able to participate and play with friends. The free part is features and content, the paid part is essentially, say, access to a new playable species with a bundle of stuff with it. The upcoming TV tie-ins aren’t DLCs that cost either. It’s all yours."

So taking all that in I wonder if we arfe going to get more areas to explore during thsi season hmmm. I have finished the main story and am half way through with side missions... I will be finished with all mission probably in a month time so to wait another 11 for major addon to include some new areas/missions will be very discouraging to keep interested in Defiance even though I love it!!!
    I read somewhere that the season pass will include new characters vehicles etc but there was no mention about new area at all.

-
    b4l00n

That's the big question. I'd say there's a strong possibility we will in the DLC packs - maybe not for the regular season progression. I think the new areas were inferred with the whole "segregation" statement, but I can't say for certain.

Personally, with each DLC I would anticipate 1 new area with 1-2 new co-op missions, 1-2 pvp instances, 1 major quest chain, 8ish side missions, a new arkfall event and some sort of new weapon or race or vehicle. Maybe even a new bunch of bad guys. That's what I would hope for, at any rate. That would likely double the size of the current world by the end of the year, though, that may be expecting too much.

Yeah just a little bit too much but taking in consideration current map size and all the 'gray' areas it would be a bit stupid to wait whole year to get access to them. Honestly current map doesnt resemble anything like any other mmo I have played... it is just small. There needs to be more variety to the landscape too. I love the beginning area all the destroyed buildings and all and then Madera quite plain and further it get even worse... San Fran is just a pile of ash with a bit of tall buildings at the end of the area We need MORE Trion!
    What about new consoles coming out this year if we have to wait 1 year for major content for season 2 most console players will move on to new consoles and then what?
    -b4l00n