+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please once and for all adjust wepaon mastering

Ok, I am well aware there have been many posts about this topic. I am also aware that this is a very frustrating aspect of the game for many players, across all platforms. That being said....

Please adjust weapon mastering. This is such a frustrating part of the game to be tied to RNG. We all know the RNG in this game is abhorrent. We all know that Trion will never release their death grip on RNG and letting us win good free gear from expos, 64 key boxes or armament crates. But for the love of RNGesus please do something about weapon masteries. There has to be a compromise here, such as letting them all roll once, in a random order, before they repeat. That's all. Simple solution. I believe that all in game across all servers would find this to be a great solution, and would be happy with it. Is it a stability patch? No. Does it address the countless bugs and glitches that plague the game? No. Is it a huge quality of in game life improvement that gives us all hope and a little something to tide us over while we wait for the other fixes that may or may not happen? YES.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

while I agree with topic starter, I also can say that rotation of the masteries is sadly not possibly to be implemented. currently data base is like Player A has tier X item B, item B has mods CDEF and t1 roll G, t2 roll J, t3 roll I etc + K mastery. having a rotation - you would need to save all previous masteries that have been rolled on that weapon - that takes lots of time to implement code-wise and possible will further slow down the performance of the servers.
    far easier is either to introduce a "pick a mastery" box or just to remove less useful/popular masteries.

They already track stuff very well. I know because I had submitted a ticket (in error on my end) about a gun switching nano (was right after the converter change) and they were able to tell me quite a bit about the history of the gun, such as it was mine, I had traded it to another player, that player modded it, then I got it back in a trade, then was modded again, so on and so forth. So I am pretty sure a lot of the tracking/coding is already there, and they could make the adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Moring View Post
    while I agree with topic starter, I also can say that rotation of the masteries is sadly not possibly to be implemented. currently data base is like Player A has tier X item B, item B has mods CDEF and t1 roll G, t2 roll J, t3 roll I etc + K mastery. having a rotation - you would need to save all previous masteries that have been rolled on that weapon - that takes lots of time to implement code-wise and possible will further slow down the performance of the servers.
    Ah yes...it's possible the previous masteries are not actually stored with an item (it may simply be logged in the player's log files). The way I would do it is add another field to all gear to store, say the last 10 masteries. It could just be a 10 character long string, with each (ASCII) char representing a mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Moring View Post
    far easier is either to introduce a "pick a mastery" box or just to remove less useful/popular masteries.
    A simple mastery dropdrown may be easier to implement, yes. I think this could be feasible if, perhaps they charge just a litle more arkforge to choose a specific mastery . I think most players would be happy with that as an additional option.

A simple mock-up, using the Legendary Mastery Rolls from here

I think it would be good to simplify the mastery rolls. Combine all of the troll rolls into one big mega troll roll. It could be 25% crit from the hip to incoming out of combat targets while crouched from behind.
    Now that we have our new mega troll roll, just keep accuracy, mag, crit, and dmg. Rng does not need to be adjusted this way.
    Roll accuracy, spend forge, get mega troll, accuracy, mega troll and so on until the weighted mastery you desire finally comes up.

Un Named Ps4 NA Critical error
    Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns-Inventory vendored. Toon retired.
    Molly Bushwhacker Ps3 Ego 6000 Clan Members Only- Inventory vendored. Toon retired

trion loves their rng . its gonna stay the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gatt View Post
    I think it would be good to simplify the mastery rolls. Combine all of the troll rolls into one big mega troll roll. It could be 25% crit from the hip to incoming out of combat targets while crouched from behind.
    Now that we have our new mega troll roll, just keep accuracy, mag, crit, and dmg. Rng does not need to be adjusted this way.
    Roll accuracy, spend forge, get mega troll, accuracy, mega troll and so on until the weighted mastery you desire finally comes up.
    Awesome, man I almost spit out my coffee!

Trion could keep their RNG, and have them roll in a random way, just once each. That way it's not a total loss for them, and not a complete headache for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gatt View Post
    love it ...lmao ...
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    They already track stuff very well. I know because I had submitted a ticket (in error on my end) about a gun switching nano (was right after the converter change) and they were able to tell me quite a bit about the history of the gun, such as it was mine, I had traded it to another player, that player modded it, then I got it back in a trade, then was modded again, so on and so forth. So I am pretty sure a lot of the tracking/coding is already there, and they could make the adjustment.
    I submitted a response to Customer Service asking could I get a list of all the masteries my pre-patch FRC Big Boomer has had since I got it at EGO 1611 in 10/2014, they told me no. I've been trying for DMG mastery since, and let one or two other people try. Not even in their hands could DMG mastery happen. The last straw was during Armistice last year when I consumed 300 Arkforge in one Hulker Hell to get repeated masteries from the very reset before using all that Arkforge.

Are you telling they could have told me yet lied and said no?
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Understand that the players aren't your personal police force that must be looking out for hackers 24/7. That is your job.
    Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    Why do they focus on "lesser known bugs" that are not major concerns! Lag and disconnects On the other hand are the two main problems that everyone wants a fix for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Because after 4 years of defiance, if you're still here, then it's not that big of a problem. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantAim View Post
    Loot boxes are not pay to win.

I am pretty new to this game and trying to understand it all and thats why I have been reading these forums and have been seeing very many complaints about an awful lot of things, from bugs/glitches and this rng thing. Honestly it's a little scary to a new player like me. I like the game so far and its fun. So for now all I can do is hope for the best.