+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have no idea what their actual stat tracking entails. It would not surprise me if they just did not want to divulge the information. All I know is the response to a ticket I submitted was very detailed, and tracked the gun very well.

I hear your frustration on remastering your gun Valani, but 300 is a drop in the bucket compared to some supreme guns that I have had to remaster 20+ times.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Quote Originally Posted by Rebar View Post
    I am pretty new to this game and trying to understand it all and thats why I have been reading these forums and have been seeing very many complaints about an awful lot of things, from bugs/glitches and this rng thing. Honestly it's a little scary to a new player like me. I like the game so far and its fun. So for now all I can do is hope for the best.
    Yes, there are a lot of bug. There are a lot of glitches. Connections are terrible. Lag is overwhelming 75% of the time. RNG is so skewed it seems impossible to actually have anything awesome drop and it makes you wonder how the good stuff ever gets into the game. That being said, the game at it's core is awesome. It's a lot of fun, and has so many awesome aspects you cannot find all in another game. So we put up with it. We deal with it. We grind until our controllers break and thumbs ache. Just know there are plenty of avenues for in game frustration, and you will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    Yes, there are a lot of bug. There are a lot of glitches. Connections are terrible. Lag is overwhelming 75% of the time. RNG is so skewed it seems impossible to actually have anything awesome drop and it makes you wonder how the good stuff ever gets into the game. That being said, the game at it's core is awesome. It's a lot of fun, and has so many awesome aspects you cannot find all in another game. So we put up with it. We deal with it. We grind until our controllers break and thumbs ache. Just know there are plenty of avenues for in game frustration, and you will be ok.
    Thx for that at least there seems to be hope, but I really don't want to break my controller on this game. It cost me $250.00 US Dollars. Check it out,, My avatar is it,, 9 buttons 2 hat switches that gives it a total of 17 keys that can be mapped to it and its software allows you to make 6 action macros and it has a variable thumb slider/wheel that can control sensitivity, on the fly while playing. All USB, it's called a Panther XL USB. Works with any thing thats usb even xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gatt View Post
    I think it would be good to simplify the mastery rolls. Combine all of the troll rolls into one big mega troll roll. It could be 25% crit from the hip to incoming out of combat targets while crouched from behind.
    Now that we have our new mega troll roll, just keep accuracy, mag, crit, and dmg. Rng does not need to be adjusted this way.
    Roll accuracy, spend forge, get mega troll, accuracy, mega troll and so on until the weighted mastery you desire finally comes up.
    I promise, Defiance's RNGesus will troll you with mega troll roll every time you reroll the troll mega troll roll

@Light Energy, that is a lovely solution

Quote Originally Posted by Rebar View Post
    I am pretty new to this game and trying to understand it all and thats why I have been reading these forums and have been seeing very many complaints about an awful lot of things, from bugs/glitches and this rng thing. Honestly it's a little scary to a new player like me. I like the game so far and its fun. So for now all I can do is hope for the best.
    It is a fun game. Don't let our complaining get in the way. Except for the bugs and glitches, most of the stuff we complain about won't be an issue until you are at a higher ego on trying to get the really good gear. That is when rng will start to frustrate you like it does the rest of us veterans. In the case of this particular thread, most of us are trying to roll a specific desired mastery such as damage on a blast rifle, or mag on a mass cannon.

Most players get frustrated having to cycle between a few random generated junk rolls wasting lots of forge in the process trying to get the desired roll.

Un Named Ps4 NA Critical error
    Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns-Inventory vendored. Toon retired.
    Molly Bushwhacker Ps3 Ego 6000 Clan Members Only- Inventory vendored. Toon retired

It would be nice to see them actually consider a change to mastering. It seems like we are running out of viable options to spend time in the game. Expo drops are terrible. PVP is full of jumping turds using infectors and guided launchers. Armament crates and 64 key box drops are terrible. At the least, give us an avenue to craft guns a little easier. Or respond and tell us it is completely off the table. Once a dev says that is will never happen, I will drop the crusade. Just trying have them throw us a bone here.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    It would be nice to see them actually consider a change to mastering. It seems like we are running out of viable options to spend time in the game. Expo drops are terrible. PVP is full of jumping turds using infectors and guided launchers. Armament crates and 64 key box drops are terrible. At the least, give us an avenue to craft guns a little easier. Or respond and tell us it is completely off the table. Once a dev says that is will never happen, I will drop the crusade. Just trying have them throw us a bone here.
    I see a lot of people jumping constantly at arkfalls, etc in non pvp, is there a reason for that? There is a skill that gives a boost if over 2 meters but not sure if that is why? I did there is a I search but all I get is posts related to pvp.
    Update Mods, Chips, Weapons

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZg...XHv1A9dCkd7yNg

In Game ID: 007Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by kromc5 View Post
    I see a lot of people jumping constantly at arkfalls, etc in non pvp, is there a reason for that? There is a skill that gives a boost if over 2 meters but not sure if that is why? I did there is a I search but all I get is posts related to pvp.
    Well in PvE...I used to think it was funny seing friends jump past me at arkfalls...until I started doing it myself . There are different reasons: to keep moving so you are not an easy target, to avoid enemies getting too close (so you don't blow yourself up with your own explosive weapons), to avoid your own mass cannon bomblets etc.

As for PvP... I tried jumping with Donner (Guided RL) and the "anti bunny hop" (ABH) mechanic used there is quite noticeable. It throws the sights way off (so you need to re-aim constantly). I don't do PvP, but I would have thought that ABH thing would at least put off most players from using that tactic (and rightly so, if it is considered cheap by most skilled players). I haven't tested jumping round with an infector, so I don't know if the ABH is applied to those in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Well in PvE...I used to think it was funny seing friends jump past me at arkfalls...until I started doing it myself . There are different reasons: to keep moving so you are not an easy target, to avoid enemies getting too close (so you don't blow yourself up with your own explosive weapons), to avoid your own mass cannon bomblets etc.

As for PvP... I tried jumping with Donner (Guided RL) and the "anti bunny hop" (ABH) mechanic used there is quite noticeable. It throws the sights way off (so you need to re-aim constantly). I don't do PvP, but I would have thought that ABH thing would at least put off most players from using that tactic (and rightly so, if it is considered cheap by most skilled players). I haven't tested jumping round with an infector, so I don't know if the ABH is applied to those in PvP.
    the jump nerf isnt on infectors

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post

Thank you for the reply.
    The few times I jump also are to avoid my own explosives. I have seen quite a few at standing in one place hoping while firing rockets. They were not hoping to avoid any explosions or danger, I could only think it was due to the 2m skill.
    Update Mods, Chips, Weapons

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZg...XHv1A9dCkd7yNg

In Game ID: 007Kirk