+ Reply to Thread

Is the latest update active?

I saw the update yesterday or at least the post for it on defiancedata and I'm going to assume it's done since I can get on, it said it was going to fix the crashes but I still have crashes so is it active or do I have to do anything else? Or have they just not been able to fix them?

Crashes are just part of the game. There will always be crashes. Crashes are life
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

BUG FIXES
    Fixed a bug that was causing map icons to sometimes not appear on players maps
    Fixed an issue with the TMW Falcon leaving tire tracks when breaking
    Fixed a phasing issue that would block several missions in Crystal Springs
    Fixed an issue with the APS Vagabond allowing players to enter the turret seat
    Fixed a bug causing on death nano procs to not apply correctly

**I'm not seeing anything in this list about fixing crashing....

XBL: OG TST KillNt IGN: FIST PUMPER / Billy Chucklebutt
    Freaks and Savages : Leader

He may have been talking about this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Update 2 - PS3 Downtime 1:55 PM PDT (8:55 PM GMT)
    Update 2 - 5PM PDT (12AM GMT) - We have a fix ready to go for this issue and are rolling it out on PS3 now. Once this is done we'll be bringing Defiance back online. Thanks for your patience.

Update 1 - 3:50 PM PDT (10:50 PM GMT) - We believe we've found the root cause of the crashing and are working on a build now. We're working to get this rolled out ASAP. Expect an update in 1 hour if we're not already back online.

Hey folks,

We're bringing Defiance for the PS3 offline to investigate an issue leading to crashing.

No ETA on when we'll be back online but we'll post an update in 2 hours if we're not already back online.

Thanks
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager
    PvP Master and Bulldog
    *although this was a fix for when opening the map which would lead to the game crashing.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    Crashes are just part of the game. There will always be crashes. Crashes are life
    Well it's not necessarily crashing but rather the server times out quite frequently. So much so that I can't even play the main missions ,or any for that matter, without fear of it kicking me out and having to redo all that I had done to that point. It's more like a crash or at least seems like it to me as it's nothing wrong with my system or wifi and I can get back in almost immediately after. It's really taking the fun out of the game and the deciding factor of whether or not I will buy the gold edition. To me, it's not worth paying $40 for a game with these problems

It's not your system or internet. This game is notorious for disconnecting and hard freezing your system. Some days you can play hours before experiencing a disconnection, other days you'll disconnect or hard freeze multiple times within short periods of time. That's been my experience playing on the ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    It's not your system or internet. This game is notorious for disconnecting and hard freezing your system. Some days you can play hours before experiencing a disconnection, other days you'll disconnect or hard freeze multiple times within short periods of time. That's been my experience playing on the ps3.
    Have they made any attempt to fix this?

Constantly, to no avail...and it's quite unfortunate, this game would be so much more enjoyable if you didn't experience the daily lag, disconnections, and freezes.

I can't speak for all of the bug fixes but #1 and #3 are still not fixed. I'm pretty sure that they removed the bug fixes when they published the emergency update to fix the map screen crashing issue that everyone on PS3 was having. I'm not going to hold my breath but I hope someone from Trion actually comes on the forums today and lets us know what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    I can't speak for all of the bug fixes but #1 and #3 are still not fixed. I'm pretty sure that they removed the bug fixes when they published the emergency update to fix the map screen crashing issue that everyone on PS3 was having. I'm not going to hold my breath but I hope someone from Trion actually comes on the forums today and lets us know what is going on.
    Yes unfortunately most game support staff is the same they say they do/try something but either fix it and make a new worse problem or don't fix it at all. Now that's not to say that applies to all game support but all that I have come across