+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    244

    Do arkfalls scale?

    I'm just curious if they scale up and become harder the more people there are?
    If they don't it would be great if they would like there is the base amount of monsters everytime but if there is ton of people going for it it would scale up and give more and more enemies and the battle would be huge and won't be a faceroll if there's like 50-60 people. (at the launch i think that could easily happen)

  2. #2
    Hey Cyrox,

    yes, they do in fact scale. It was said in one of the vids (I think the 1 hour IGN one), so don't worry about that. They also said, that the loot you get is better, the more players join the fight. If I remember correctly (but don't quote me on that) it was said, that arcfalls scale up to 50 players.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    244
    Oh i must have missed that. i've gone trough all videos but i must have been in coma at that time. thanks shag

  4. #4
    Senior Member Duskguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Shag View Post
    Hey Cyrox,

    yes, they do in fact scale. It was said in one of the vids (I think the 1 hour IGN one), so don't worry about that. They also said, that the loot you get is better, the more players join the fight. If I remember correctly (but don't quote me on that) it was said, that arcfalls scale up to 50 players.
    i believe i understood it the same way. monsters become harder/ more numerous and loot gets better up to 50 players in the area.
    Live as you want, life is only a moment in time, don't waste it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Desidus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrox View Post
    I'm just curious if they scale up and become harder the more people there are?
    If they don't it would be great if they would like there is the base amount of monsters everytime but if there is ton of people going for it it would scale up and give more and more enemies and the battle would be huge and won't be a faceroll if there's like 50-60 people. (at the launch i think that could easily happen)
    Regular missions do as well, from the sounds of it the only ones that don't are the instanced ones, which require a four man team. Though of course people are going to attempt them with 3 or 2 or 1 man... lol.

    Come join the Desert Nomads a PS3 Defiance Clan.
    http://desertnomads.enjin.com/

    Need codes? Find them here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...odes-*Updated*

  6. #6
    Senior Member TR GunPlay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    400
    The ones that need for.man teams cannot be started unless you have four players. So people wont be able to attempt them with any less then that
    Void Of Fear, We Laugh At Our Enemies And Their Gods

    MRC Guild- Your Insecurities Manifested

  7. #7
    Senior Member Desidus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by TR GunPlay View Post
    The ones that need for.man teams cannot be started unless you have four players. So people wont be able to attempt them with any less then that
    Started with four doesn't mean it has to be finished with four... trust me people will do it with less and then they will post their video to the net to impress all the ladies... or something along those lines.

    Come join the Desert Nomads a PS3 Defiance Clan.
    http://desertnomads.enjin.com/

    Need codes? Find them here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...odes-*Updated*

  8. #8
    Senior Member Krazee DD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    562
    The random ones get more crazy the more people come. LIKE WILD!
    Showing off the art of video game and having fun: http://www.youtube.com/HDGaminLIVE

  9. #9
    Senior Member MOnte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    246
    That is the same understanding I got from the live stream. There are different size arkfalls, so you may not have the mega boss arkfall, but if more people show up there will be more "smaller" mobs with more HP on the smaller ones and the bigger ones will have harder bosses/more mobs deal.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Krazee DD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by MOnte View Post
    That is the same understanding I got from the live stream. There are different size arkfalls, so you may not have the mega boss arkfall, but if more people show up there will be more "smaller" mobs with more HP on the smaller ones and the bigger ones will have harder bosses/more mobs deal.

    Ya, the mini boss at the end will have more health. Pure beast mode.
    Showing off the art of video game and having fun: http://www.youtube.com/HDGaminLIVE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts