+ Reply to Thread

Captcha on new threads

Could a google captcha be added as a requirement when creating a new thread? It should get rid of the current spam.
    It had to be done...
    Spoiler:

That would be a huge pain in the a**. How about just block all indian IP addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by Deahla View Post
    That would be a huge pain in the a**. How about just block all indian IP addresses?
    You can't do that. Do you realize how many people are India?
    JP Rig Info
    sig by Tauriiel

Quote Originally Posted by Deahla View Post
    Well:

1) Not all spam bots are indian. This would also keep indian users from posting on the forums so it would be a terrible solution.

2) Captchas take a few seconds. Unless you create a new thread every few minutes, it wouldn't be much of an hindrance.
    It had to be done...
    Spoiler:

What Trion really needs to do is spend some of the bitstore money on upgrading this forum.

vBulletin™ Version 4.1.3

Released around April 2011?? cmon guys, really?

#securityupdatesarenice
    They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter My Forums Policy Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Tears of Defiance