+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

PvP Weapon Adjustment Changes Coming to PTS

Internally, we have been working on adjustments to the way the PvP weapon stat modifiers are applied inside battlegrounds and shadow wars. The old flat 65% damage reduction and 2.5x Critical Multiplier have been adjusted to apply mod/weapon bonus type effects based on weapon categories.

While we have been working on them, we felt they required more time and testing. However, based on your feedback and the data we have collected, the recent PvE focused weapon adjustments have had a larger than anticipated effect on PvP. As such, we are looking to collect some data on what we currently have to see if it will work as an interim on live until we get the PvP adjustments finalized.

The new adjustment method will provide 2 distinct advantages:
    * While in PvP, the weapon card will show the adjusted stats of a weapon
    * We can tune additional stats at a narrower level than previously.

the guided rocket buff has made a huge impact in pvp. when is the nade refresh glitch getting fixed? and the bio lock glitch is still not fixed.

are any adjustments being made to cyber rigs stat modifiers in pvp?

is anything going to be done about the effective range on guided rockets and sniper rifles . you dont even have to see the player. to kill them now. all you need to do is just see their names .

Quote Originally Posted by Rarnok View Post
    Internally, we have been working on adjustments to the way the PvP weapon stat modifiers are applied inside battlegrounds and shadow wars. The old flat 65% damage reduction and 2.5x Critical Multiplier have been adjusted to apply mod/weapon bonus type effects based on weapon categories.

While we have been working on them, we felt they required more time and testing. However, based on your feedback and the data we have collected, the recent PvE focused weapon adjustments have had a larger than anticipated effect on PvP. As such, we are looking to collect some data on what we currently have to see if it will work as an interim on live until we get the PvP adjustments finalized.

The new adjustment method will provide 2 distinct advantages:
    * While in PvP, the weapon card will show the adjusted stats of a weapon
    * We can tune additional stats at a narrower level than previously.
    When you mention "weapon categories", do you mean Assault Rifles, SMGs, Sniper Rifles,etc or do you mean Blast Rifle, Assault Carbine, Quick Repeater,... ?

Also, when will these changes be rolled out on PTS?
    It had to be done...
    Spoiler:

6.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #6
    Weapon categories correlate to the weapon skill groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarnok View Post
    Weapon categories correlate to the weapon skill groups.
    Won't that make it hard to balance weapons in the same class?
    As an example, the Blast Rifle is much more powerful than the Mazu Blast Rifle in PvP.
    It had to be done...
    Spoiler:

I can only hope this will help to adjust the guided rockets. I get it that you guys want to make guns more viable in pve so they get more use, but the guided have taken over shadow war. All you see are kills by guided launcher. All you do is get shot at by guided. This extends to not only random players, but heavy pvp players, some of whom have posted on this thread. In my opinion, it is a completely cheap and cowardly tactic. I cannot comprehend why weapons that take less skill to use keep getting buffed in pvp.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

It's cowardly but everything in pvp is cowardly In some shape or form.
    I still get a decent KD (17-3 ish) almost every game I play (without lag -.-)
    And I use a parasite. I'm not saying that grl are balanced and I'm certainly not sticking up for people who use them. But
    If u can't adapt then don't play.
    I for one use everything available to me. From cv to donner to parasite to chry to even ff. The hardest thing by far is using a grl.
    Hear me out first. With a cv you don't have to be in any certain point on the map to necessarily use it well. With a grl you need someone to be in the open (most times) and outside. I can see how this plagues open lands and what not but sw is meant for grl. You can't argue with that. It's a open map Domantion mode... nothing more suited then a grl. But try going into obs with a grl or fy going into Cap C. It's just not easy unless your in a good situation. Don't stay in the open and you won't get picked off.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityDusk View Post
    It's cowardly but everything in pvp is cowardly In some shape or form.
    I still get a decent KD (17-3 ish) almost every game I play (without lag -.-)
    And I use a parasite. I'm not saying that grl are balanced and I'm certainly not sticking up for people who use them. But
    If u can't adapt then don't play.
    I for one use everything available to me. From cv to donner to parasite to chry to even ff. The hardest thing by far is using a grl.
    Hear me out first. With a cv you don't have to be in any certain point on the map to necessarily use it well. With a grl you need someone to be in the open (most times) and outside. I can see how this plagues open lands and what not but sw is meant for grl. You can't argue with that. It's a open map Domantion mode... nothing more suited then a grl. But try going into obs with a grl or fy going into Cap C. It's just not easy unless your in a good situation. Don't stay in the open and you won't get picked off.
    spamming a grl while jumping in any map is very effective