+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Lightbulb 99 Problems Event 9/25 - 10/9

For a limited time, enter the fray against 99ers and Grid for fun and glory!

From Monday, September 25, 2017 at 10:00 AM PDT / 1:00 PM EDT / 5:00 PM UTC until Monday, October 9, 2017 at 9:59 AM PDT / 12:59 PM EDT / 4:59 PM UTC, attack 99ers and Grid. This limited-time event brings you encounters not normally available. Additionally, these encounters will yield additional Purified Gulanite.

So, get off the Grid and start working on 99 solutions, Arkhunter!

I'm sorry but I need more information. How will triggering 99 event arkfalks yield us more PG? What unique encounters are available while the 99 arkfalls are running?

Please define your terms.

The unique encounters are the event arkfalls themselves, they don't happen all the time as our standard arkfalls and I believe the payouts for doing these event arkfalls will yield more...that's how I understand it.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

Too bad they picked an event that is tough to rack up the score at, which defines how much PG and forge we earn from them. Seems like this was a ploy to let people get the free inventory slots pursuit.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Finally an event, thank you!

Look at the bright side... This event allows you to complete the holiday bonus pursuit(+30 inv slots) so if you're new to the game or didn't catch everything last summer now's your chance! JS

Too bad

You all forgot to flip the event switch. I have yet to see even one 99 Problems arkfall.

Well this is a fine state of affairs, this is the second day and so far I've seen a total of 1 99'ers major, as Aragorn8354 said flip the switch already and increase the spawn rate a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    ...I believe the payouts for doing these event arkfalls will yield more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    Too bad they picked an event that is tough to rack up the score at, which defines how much PG and forge we earn from them...
    Yeah...sadly...I don't think the 99 Problems majors are that great for scoring and ergo the PG payout is not great either.

The top score was 87K, with 394 kills in this one, for example:

I doubt the majority of players attending the same major can all get the max 280 PG (I find sieges and incursions are still better for PG).
    And, as others have noted, the spawn rate for these event majors seems a little low.

It seems a bit of shame really, because I think the Grid are one of the coolest enemies, especially the Inquisitors .

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - Tony Curran
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

I agree with you LE, I think a few others have stated that this is a traditionally low scoring event, and not a great choice to showcase Ex Inanis and let people earn PG. There are quite a few other events that allow for better scoring. Hopefully one of those will come soon. So far the "we can turn on events at will" theme has been lackluster to me. I seem to remember reading that the devs said they could turn one on for a weekend, or a week, or things like that. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is only the 3rd event majors that have run during Ex Inanis? Solstice Strike, something forgettable, and now 99 Problems? It really seems like this event was run to let people get the inventory slots, not earn PG.