+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

XP needed for EGO upgrade

All of a sudden, I need two million(2,000,000) xp to level up. It used to be be one hundred and twenty thousand(120,000). I am at EGO level 4,200 or so. It does not seem fair. I am a free to play.... errr.... player. Is Trion limiting the game for free players? Are they trying to make free to play people leave because they cannot progress easily? Two million xp is a lot to gain an EGO upgrade. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

before the ego bar would lock up at that ego. and you had to do pursuits to level the rest of the way up

That happen when max out all the perks ,everyone have it not just you

Jeez!

So two million xp is expected? That is harsh. Pursuits will take a long time to get 2 Million xp. Does this happen to peeps who pay to play?

I know it's hard to believe you actually have to play the game to level up, and you just don't level up each day as you log in. Boggles the mind.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

This minds totally boggled, amongst other things

I would advise to open pursuits and start doing them, you will gain EGO rating faster than with pure XP. on my alt I try to avoid as much as possible any pursuit, so when I hit the EGO units cap, I can get EGO rating w/o pvp/car races

Just my 2 cents worth (reiterating some of what has been said):

I remember when I got to around the 4600 EGO mark… I thought it had stopped working! I thought “oh…my EGO level hasn’t changed…that’s odd” .

And then I did a little reading up on the forums etc and discovered that it was normal and that everyone has the same thing. The amount of XP required to fill the bar suddenly jumps to 2 million.

It’s at this point that most players will recommend on focusing on pursuits to level up (since many can be completed fairly quickly). Also, I have noticed some players have not allocated all their EGO units (I used them as soon as I could)...so perhaps they are delaying hitting the 2 million requirement?

I have to say: I found it easier to fill the XP bar when I had a Patron Pass (with the XP boost) and did lots of old style event majors (the enemies had lots of HP). Also, there were the holiday pursuits which helped too.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    Just my 2 cents worth (reiterating some of what has been said):

I remember when I got to around the 4600 EGO mark… I thought it had stopped working! I thought “oh…my EGO level hasn’t changed…that’s odd” .

And then I did a little reading up on the forums etc and discovered that it was normal and that everyone has the same thing. The amount of XP required to fill the bar suddenly jumps to 2 million.

It’s at this point that most players will recommend on focusing on pursuits to level up (since many can be completed fairly quickly). Also, I have noticed some players have not allocated all their EGO units (I used them as soon as I could)...so perhaps they are delaying hitting the 2 million requirement?

I have to say: I found it easier to fill the XP bar when I had a Patron Pass (with the XP boost) and did lots of old style event majors (the enemies had lots of HP). Also, there were the holiday pursuits which helped too.
    holiday pursuits dont award ego points or xp.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    holiday pursuits dont award ego points or xp.
    I don't believe that's what he was implying. I think he just meant that it was alot easier grinding the old way to gain xp than it is now and that to complete event pursuits were an incentive to keep up the grind...but idk, I could be wrong
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub