+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weapon?

Weapon?

Was at an incursion in San Francisco and saw someone shooting volge and on the kill the body glowed blue and slowly fell. Other than that it's hard to describe but I really want to know what that weapon was if anyone knows

It's not the weapons that matter for that effect it's the nano. Syphon uses that effect if you score the kill shot you will see that alot. It also has another effect which is the enemy dissolving. Hope that clears it up for you

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbath82 View Post
    It's not the weapons that matter for that effect it's the nano. Syphon uses that effect if you score the kill shot you will see that alot. It also has another effect which is the enemy dissolving. Hope that clears it up for you
    I have both used a syphon weapon to kill and seen them and this was different, the body didn't dissolve like a syphon weapon does it simply glowed blue and fell slowly then disappeared. The syphon effect makes the body purple ish and breaks apart but it's not what i saw. Now if there are different types of effects for syphon then that might explain it

Yes both effects are syphon. I think it depends on if you dealt majority of dmg to get a dissolving effect versus just the kill shot for the slow blue fall.

I finally got to try out an explosive weapon with a syphon nano. A friend let me borrow their syphon purgatory and the combination of explosive and syphon effect is pretty cool.

The enemy starts to go flying... glows blue...then stops in mid air...and gradually falls to the ground.

Hopefully this illustrates a different syphon VFX is possible (apart from the implosive dissolve effect):

Never gotten a pugatory with syphon, cool affect thanks for sharing.
    007Kirk
    Chronus

Is it rare to get a purgatory with nanos or just syphon?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveAndAcceptance View Post
    Is it rare to get a purgatory with nanos or just syphon?
    TL;DR

Purgatories with a true nano are not that common. San Andreas, Pandemic and Perfected Weapon purgatories are the only ones (that I am aware of). Consequently, a syphon purgatory is rarer still.
    CDC nano-less ones still have nano effects..so these are not a bad substitute if you do not have one of the above.

----------------

Generally speaking, Purgatories are more common than they were before. You could get an older type with the San Andreas synergy... but that was not very common (I managed to drop a purple one in the last month or so).
    I believe that type always has a fire nano.

The CDC purgatories are better because even if they are nano-less... they still have the bio and fire effects of the synergy. I agree that the San Andreas one's mechanics should be tweaked to match the new CDC type. Pandemic is very popular right now.

Purgatories have a 1/13 chance of dropping from an Artillery Weapon Cache.

Historically explosive syphon weapons were discontinued because of the apparent recursive healing possibility:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...d-Game-Changer

So for a while, no explosive weapons existed with syphon (barring perhaps things like bombardier SMGs, plasma burst rifles etc). There were no syphon rocket launchers or detonators.

With the arrival of Ex Inanis, the self heal / life steal was reduced on syphon explosive weapons, to allow them to become available again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    In addition, all Perfected weapons will roll with a random nano, and explosive weapons can now contain the Syphon nano!
    Only “Perfected” explosive weapons will have a nano and the chance of syphon is 1/5...so these are still rare... but at least they are possible now .

After the relevant live-stream...many players seemed to want to obtain a syphon mass cannon (myself included) but...you will need to be very lucky to get one. So far... I have only seen 2 syphon mass cannons on PC EU.

I will use this thread to ask similar question : what kind of nano is causing "pink" shots ? I sometimes see people shooting "pink" shots, so I am curious what is it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TrampSvk View Post
    I will use this thread to ask similar question : what kind of nano is causing "pink" shots ? I sometimes see people shooting "pink" shots, so I am curious what is it. Thanks.
    That sounds like the Colony Courtship 2016 weapons (with Flames of Passion synergy):

Part of the (Jackpot) visual effects when firing is to send out pink hearts! It is not related to the nano.

http://www.defiancedata.com/page=890...gy-has-arrived

Some people call “red” pink or vice versa...so it is just possible you may have seen the red weapons fire from Hulker Hell 2016 / Sanguine Extraction Jackpot weapons:

http://www.defiancedata.com/page=108...lker-hell-2016

Hope this helps!