+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why is PvP so bad and why hasn't it been fixed?

So for me the PvP on this is badly broken, it feels like I'm playing against hackers/cheaters. I'm trying to platinum this game on PS3 but due to PvP its pretty much impossible... Not many people play it and the ones that do are always the same ones who seem impossible to kill... I have unloaded full clips/ rockets and full clips of a grenade launcher at them and done 0 damage... They 1 shot kill me every single time. I made another account on my second PS3 and entered PvP and let me kill myself.... I fired 5 grenades... Took about half the shield off.... I then activated overcharge and unloaded a full clip of 40 bullets and that was only just enough to kill my stationary player... Now that just proves that PvP is broken right? How can they leave the PvP in this state? Shocking.

Now that's exaggerated as hell. Lower ego players do have a disadvantage. However. I'm not that well geared and play on my lower ego toon and do just as well as my high ego toon in pvp. I'm average at pvp so this isn't just me. You might be experiencing lag.

How is that exaggerated as hell? The PvP on this game is badly broken and that's a fact! I've played 1000s of hours of PvP on different games and never had any issues like on this. If I was to play any other game that has a trophy for killing 100 players like this does I would be done in about an hour.... I've been trying to get this since last week and managed about 20 kills! I've shot entire mags at some while they are stood still and used overcharge and taken only a fraction of their shield down. I've come behind a sniper and put 5 grenades from a launcher at their feet and not even taken their shield down.. And like I said I used a new character and left them idle and I fired 5 grenades which took about 3/4 of the shield and then used overcharge and shot 40 bullets which only just killed them.... Yet all max Ego players just run round 1 shot killing everyone haha... Broken!

Pvp is based on gear, not skill. Other games pvp has no bearing on Defiance pvp.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by ASG1986 View Post
    How is that exaggerated as hell? The PvP on this game is badly broken and that's a fact! I've played 1000s of hours of PvP on different games and never had any issues like on this. If I was to play any other game that has a trophy for killing 100 players like this does I would be done in about an hour.... I've been trying to get this since last week and managed about 20 kills! I've shot entire mags at some while they are stood still and used overcharge and taken only a fraction of their shield down. I've come behind a sniper and put 5 grenades from a launcher at their feet and not even taken their shield down.. And like I said I used a new character and left them idle and I fired 5 grenades which took about 3/4 of the shield and then used overcharge and shot 40 bullets which only just killed them.... Yet all max Ego players just run round 1 shot killing everyone haha... Broken!
    Have to shoot them in the head, body shots don't really do anything in defiance pvp
    Antony Harrist - PC NA

Kon is correct. Defiance PVP is unique because you can completely customize your loadout to fit your play style. Literally anyone with the right set up can be a PVP god. The main thing you have to be able to do to survive in Defiance PVP is be able to adapt to all the balancing.
    PSN bearbug74

PS3 IGN The Lady74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN The Lady
    Ego 41 (IKR)
    Clan Here2***ShtUp

From what you say and what I observe that's very exaggerated.

I'm no pvp god but I kill 6k players with no problem. Some weapons in pvp aren't meant to be used. And did you duel your own character with a low ego toon?

In duels ego is unbalanced. It would take that much to take down a shield if that's the case.

Edit:I'm not 6k ego

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityDusk View Post
    From what you say and what I observe that's very exaggerated.
    What its very exaggerated that everything I said is true? Lol whatever.

What its very exaggerated that everything I said is true? Lol whatever.
    What ego are you? Are your weapons at your ego? Most new players make the mistake of going into PVP with their weapons a hundred ego points or more lower then their current ego. When you enter PVP you are scaled up to 6000, your weapons also scale. Not sure how that works exactly but do know that a couple hundred in PVE translates to around a thousand in PVP. Which means lower damage.
    PSN bearbug74

PS3 IGN The Lady74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN The Lady
    Ego 41 (IKR)
    Clan Here2***ShtUp