+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PvP: Weapon Types that need adjustment.

In previous PvP updates, the goal was to have a fighting chance. Meaning to give you a second to counteract whatever your facing. Currently: these are the weapons that kill almost instantly and need adjusting.

1.Infectors. PvP is currently dominated by infectors, the damage output only requires a quarter mag of a canker to kill most targets. The damage needs to be drastically reduced.

2.Mass Blasters. Are instant kill. There is no counter to these since they are instant kills. Damage needs to be drastically reduced.

3.Fire Nano. Has become the completely dominant nano since it completely ignore's shield resistance on criticals. If the goal still is the lengthen "the fight", then shield reduction to fire on criticals needs to be applied. Otherwise there is no point to using another nano.

4.Cerberus. I'm happy the Cerberus is a killing machine again, but currently, the turret damage is way to high, and instant kills anyone it comes into contact with. Suggest reducing turret damage 25%

On a positive note:
    -Detonators are relevant again, but not overpowering
    -Cerberus adds strategic value to winning a match again

Items that could use buffing:
    -Longshot Rocket Launchers [Makes sense these should do a little more damage than guided]
    -Bolt Action Snipers could use a huge damage increase, possibly balance with a slightly lower crit.
    -BMGS could use a damage increase. These would diversify PvP if balanced properly.

Other Suggestions:
    -Apply all reductions to Criticals to lengthen "the fight". [Fire to shields, Armor Plates, Elec to health] Would help turn away the Incendiary Nano dominance.

I agree to everything metioned.just nano fraggers are a bit of a go to gun too..
    I.B. GUNZNMETAL
    Ign:METALE
    Xbox N/A
    xXINGLORIOUS BASTERDSXx

Honestly, Bolt Actions are in a good place. The problem is that Semi Auto Sniper Rifles are so overpowered that they completely overshadow not only Bolt Actions, but also Sentry Rifles and any non-hipfire medium range weapon.
    It had to be done...
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Altras View Post
    -BMGS could use a damage increase. These would diversify PvP if balanced properly.
    yes buff bmgs

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Honestly, Bolt Actions are in a good place. The problem is that Semi Auto Sniper Rifles are so overpowered that they completely overshadow not only Bolt Actions, but also Sentry Rifles and any non-hipfire medium range weapon.
    Bolt sniper should be the pvp sniper by default because the fire rate/mechanics makes it balanced and skill relevant.
    Semi Auto snipers should have a bigincreased recoil during a short time for each shot, so that first shot is 100% precise, then 2nd shot gets 80-90ish % precision, then 3rd shot 70% precision and so on, with that "spam-shot recoil" getting reset if u wait 1 or 2 sec to shot again.

Oh and some fall on dmg on snipers would be interesting to see : opposite of falloff : the closer you are from target, the less dmg you do. This will make sniper a long range weapon, and not a close range/hipshot shotgun like absurd fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Altras View Post
    In previous PvP updates, the goal was to have a fighting chance. Meaning to give you a second to counteract whatever your facing. Currently: these are the weapons that kill almost instantly and need adjusting.

1.Infectors. PvP is currently dominated by infectors, the damage output only requires a quarter mag of a canker to kill most targets. The damage needs to be drastically reduced.

2.Mass Blasters. Are instant kill. There is no counter to these since they are instant kills. Damage needs to be drastically reduced.

3.Fire Nano. Has become the completely dominant nano since it completely ignore's shield resistance on criticals. If the goal still is the lengthen "the fight", then shield reduction to fire on criticals needs to be applied. Otherwise there is no point to using another nano.

4.Cerberus. I'm happy the Cerberus is a killing machine again, but currently, the turret damage is way to high, and instant kills anyone it comes into contact with. Suggest reducing turret damage 25%

On a positive note:
    -Detonators are relevant again, but not overpowering
    -Cerberus adds strategic value to winning a match again

Items that could use buffing:
    -Longshot Rocket Launchers [Makes sense these should do a little more damage than guided]
    -Bolt Action Snipers could use a huge damage increase, possibly balance with a slightly lower crit.

Other Suggestions:
    -Apply all reductions to Criticals to lengthen "the fight". [Fire to shields, Armor Plates, Elec to health] Would help turn away the Incendiary Nano dominance.
    Mass blasters are fine counter them by not getting close simple.if you nerf mass blasters then nerf brs too.

Mass blasters are strong, but they are not an instant kill. The only instant kill is Sol Destroyer, a bmg, which does not need a buff. It's like playing laser tag on some bad 80's movie, you're looking around for Cory Haim, you can only find Cory Feldman, and some bunny hopping cloaked troll zaps you with a laser. Not very sporting at all. Especially since bunny hop aim is off on all guns except bmg and infectors, and those ones don't require aiming in the first place. You cannot bunny hop and "insta kill" anything with a mass blaster or a blast rifle but you can with Sol.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Quote Originally Posted by Kedarthebest View Post
    Mass blasters are fine counter them by not getting close simple.if you nerf mass blasters then nerf brs too.
    Great! Two birds with one stone.
    It had to be done...
    Spoiler:

I thought the issue of BMGs and Infectors being too strong was a mistake in the last update and would be corrected in the near future. I also didn't realize that Fire was so strong. Will have to look into that.

Sol is not included with my suggestions. I view it as a super weapon, separate from bags. Just wanted to make that clear.