+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Modding in Ex Inanis with 3 synergies

Does the Development Team track the modding situation?
    Is it one of the metrics used?
    Can the Dev Team query the database and see how many Ex Inanis weapons are unmodded etc?
    I would like to see the stats!

I'm just wondering, because on PC EU, with 3 con-current synergies... I see many players are struggling to fully mod weapons obtained via Ex Inanis.

Mods for Piper, for example, seem very rare and players are offering small fortunes to obtain those mods. Many players have asked me for mods (far more than previous old style events). I have basically given up on modding the majority of stuff that passes through my inventory.

Personally, I think the modding situation is probably the biggest single issue in Defiance right now (since it affects everyone, not just PvPers etc ).
    1000 PG caches with a 1/3 chance of just getting the right synergy is not ideal. I believe I got 7 detonator barrels trying to get a stock mod for a friends detonator...I gave up after spending all my PG.

I can't really see the point of a loot chase with different synergies, if you can never fully activate those synergies. I thought the idea was to be to give players a chance to finally enjoy previously exclusive synergies?

So far I have:
    One fully modded Plate Slicer weapon.
    One fully modded Parasitic Impetus weapon.
    No fully modded Spinal Tap weapons.
    No fully modded Sustained Suppression weapons.
    No fully modded Saturnalia weapons.

And in the case of NVF weapons... I saved up to buy Master of the Universe and Infinite Beyond and was only able to mod them by scrapping NVF weapons from Armistice.

I'd be really interested to see if players on other platforms are able to fully mod things...maybe they are having better luck. Trading is not a big thing on PC EU (scrip is not worth much), but I know it is more popular on other platforms. But if everyone is after the same few mods...even the trading could be a bit tough.

Several solutions have already been mentioned by others (including myself).
    Synergy specific caches would be ideal. Or how about a cache that has a full set (stock + barrel + magazine + sight) in a random synergy? That should help avoid the issue of repeatedly getting the same type.

Thanks for reading, hope this wasn't too "ranty" for some . I'm just a bit annoyed that this issue is making it hard for players to really make the most of these weapons...and I remember what it was like to be able to fully mod a decent selection of weapons in previous old style events (e.g. I have 6 Colony Courtship JPs fully modded). It would nice for newer players (and some old ones!) to enjoy these synergies .

Some screenshots:

When inspect players, I often see completely unmodded weapons obtained via Ex Inanis (recent example of course):

And players show me long lists of weapons they need modding on a regular basis now:

Stocks still seem to be the hardest to find

In PC NA it's really ok. Ppl uses to get the mods they want buying tons of crates or trading.
    I'm even moding normal weapons because im lacking of perfecteds (that I like)
    PC NA

- Watch your head

Youtube

Im on xbox Na and ive seen veteran players and new comers alike carrying unmodded weapons from Ex Inanis. I would say "I told ya so.." But we havent had this conversation before.I have with clannies,friends etc.I dont know the exact math, when it comes to the % chance of pulling what you need from the runner but i can say "Its hit or miss". Most of the time its just vendor food.I know guys on Xbox Na that has no problems because they are veteran players with scrip to burn.Everyone knows if you offer enough,most likely you will get it.Some are part of larger clans and they kinda take care of one another(mod wise).Ive been on defiance for 3 years and have a extensive inventory but have more touble modding than i ever have.At least, when we had the event arkfalls and DROPS i could have a weapon t4d to syn within a day or so or sometimes within hours.Just depended on how hard we all grinded the events.But, back to your question....... I think alot of players on all platforms are struggling with this issue including myself.Good luck with your modding,make take a year or two

I have a friend who trading A bio CV fully t4ed for a t4 ar saturnalia set. On PS3 NA it is so hard to find sat mods(especially AR mods) like I never seen mods so rare before. The drop rate on them are probably awful lol.
    "If Defiance had more content , we wouldn't have time to troll"
    "Guns shots sound like cans being thrown at the floor"
    "Defiance is just Warframe but without the flips"
    "Only Disappointments get transferred"
    "Having to deal with this companie's rng structure gives worse odds than the powerball!"
    "Hey Trion! Thanks for that time machine called Defiance 2050! Just one problem -It only goes backwards!"

External recoil reduction stocks have historically had a terrible drop rate, and seem to trade for the most. Personally, I have drastically reduced the number of guns I try to mod, and stick with one or two. I also think that this current synergy selection leaves some to be desired, and not as many people are opening crates. I have been saving all of my PG for the next set, hoping they will be better. The first three were a great set to kick it off, and on PS3 NA didn't have trouble finding mods. Always a bummer when you just have to put something on the shelf and wait for another time to mod it.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    External recoil reduction stocks have historically had a terrible drop rate, and seem to trade for the most.
    i'd go as far as to say any stocks for non-explosive weapons - sometimes finding even melee one is a huge problem. i could guess the techincal reasons that might be leading to it, but would prefer to hear from trion
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

Quote Originally Posted by DSW View Post
    i'd go as far as to say any stocks for non-explosive weapons - sometimes finding even melee one is a huge problem. i could guess the techincal reasons that might be leading to it, but would prefer to hear from trion
    Might be due to the fact that 90% of melee stocks are rage-salvaged instantly by players.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Thanks for all the responses so far. I would like to reply to them all (when I get a bit more time).

I just want to show some of the "math"
    Quote Originally Posted by DSW View Post
    I think it's basically the numbers.

Let's assume that we want an “Assault” mod. I'll use the vendor details to create a list:

Barrel
    Ionic Barrel
    Power Bore
    Sustained Power Muzzle

Magazine
    Catalyst Injector
    Controlled Burst Magazine
    Fast Action Reloader
    High Capacity Magazine

Sight
    Assault Scope
    Commando Scope
    Stabilization Sight
    Tactical Scope

Stock
    External Recoil Reduction
    Guerrilla Buttstock

There are typically only 2 types of stock, but 4 types of sight and 4 types of magazine.
    So...we should see twice as many sights or magazines as stocks.
    If you want any stock mod... the chance is 2/13.
    To get an ERR stock, it is 1/13 or 7.7% chance.
    If you want an ERR stock with a specific synergy, from 3 synergies... that is 1/39 or 2.6% chance.

And...this ignores potential nano converter mags...which could reduce the chance of an ERR mod even further.

TL;DR: If you don't already have the mods for a Ex Inanis weapon, be prepared to spend 100,000 PG or hundreds of dollars in bits.

Buying stuff from Py is fine if you already have the mods, but my experience trying to mod some of the Saturnalia weapons (event was before my time) has been basically spending $$ and getting frustrated.

Going with LE's comments above, I tried to figure out what it would cost to fully mod a Py Jackpot buying bit boxes.

If you buy the $50/5200 bit back, 1 bit is roughly 1 cent. That means a weapon specific Mod cache (eg: Premium Assault Mod Cache) costs $3.96 for one mod. That $3.96 bit box has an approximately 1 in 99 chance of dropping the mod you want (33 mods per synergy times 3 synergies, ignoring converters and control burst mags). Based on my probably faulty math, if you need all 4 mods (and RNG doesn't hate you), you will need to spend approx $392 to have a reasonable chance at getting your mods (and if you add converter and control burst mags, the cost is goes up to approx $475).

Of course you don't need to spend bits, but I doubt most people could farm enough PG to buy the 100 blue Mod Caches from the Ex Inanis Runners needed to hit the odds. (You would need to approx 100,000 PG and 1 million scrip to buy the boxes).

I like the direction the Devs are headed, but Gambling (RNG) is still far to prevalent. LE's suggestion about synergy specific boxes or boxes with a full set of mods would definitely be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    External recoil reduction stocks have historically had a terrible drop rate, and seem to trade for the most. Personally, I have drastically reduced the number of guns I try to mod, and stick with one or two. I also think that this current synergy selection leaves some to be desired, and not as many people are opening crates. I have been saving all of my PG for the next set, hoping they will be better. The first three were a great set to kick it off, and on PS3 NA didn't have trouble finding mods. Always a bummer when you just have to put something on the shelf and wait for another time to mod it.
    opposite has been true for me. I think at one point i had 6 t4 sat errs lol..i gave a couple away in clan and then used one on piper. i drop mag and stock...but no power bore or sight...go figure

what i think is happening tho (or at least in my case) is that people are sittin on mods in case they drop something worth modding.
    sig by Tauriiel
    PS3 NA
    IGN: chow1116 (6000) | babebraham lincoln (6000)
    PSN: chownasty11
    For sale items here
    "Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."