+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ive said this several times in the past and Im going to say it again. Trion says nothing is weighted for drop rates yet we as a community prove SOMETHING is happening somewhere because there are ALWAYS a mod type that we are struggling to pull. Ive pulled only a handful externals and stab sights from hundreds of boxes yet pull sniper stocks and sights all day long.

Its a bummer when we are grinding mods MUCH more than weapons.

Solution: Give us a mod vendor and charge us keys to buy. The t4 lockboxes(64 keys) are a waste to most of us anyway. Or turn mod salvaging into shards and give shards another purpose.

It goes back to the same old issues with rng.
    When buying boxes i tend to get the same mods to randomly drop. For this round of syns, i have only been buying the assault mod crates to mod a few nvf and sat guns. Most of the time i get the crap mods, guerilla stock, falloff barrels, tactical scopes, etc. On rare times i get a good ar mod it will be pi syn, which i do not need. It is hard to trade those mods for the syns i need.

It also happened last round. I needed assault scopes in ST and PS. I got a lot of t4 assault scopes but every single one of them was SS.

Un Named Ps4 NA Critical error
    Johnny Gatt Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Terminators
    Howie Felt 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns
    Howie Felter Ps3 NA Ego 6000 Clan Defiance Most Hated
    No Slack 360 NA Ego 6000 Clan Legendary Guns-Inventory vendored. Toon retired.
    Molly Bushwhacker Ps3 Ego 6000 Clan Members Only- Inventory vendored. Toon retired

Quote Originally Posted by chow1116 View Post
    opposite has been true for me. I think at one point i had 6 t4 sat errs lol..i gave a couple away in clan and then used one on piper. i drop mag and stock...but no power bore or sight...go figure

what i think is happening tho (or at least in my case) is that people are sittin on mods in case they drop something worth modding.
    I would agree chow,on the hoarding mods for their own personal weps. I do the same on occasion.I think, if Trion would take out alot of undesirable mods that NO ONE uses and you cant SELL it would at least help with the chances of getting mods players WANT.Without spending a crazy amount of money in the bit store (that I wont do) just to t4 a weapon to syn.Through the years of grinding events and having a blast doing it, ive collected almost every blast rifle in game.Most of which are preme and t4d or t5d to syn and all due to grinding event arkfalls with DROPS !!! Or ocasionally buying one from zone or a clannie.My point is, during events it was much simpler to mod to syn and the ingame economy was much healthier then on xbox NA. Now its hard to sell anything because alot of veteran players have left because of the Ex Inanis change. So the big spenders and sellers have left,prices are at an all time low and things i spent 100 mil on are now worth only a quarter of what they were.Of course these weapons are my collection and wont ever be sold but thats not the point,you have new and upcoming players that dont have the scrip to buy mods and or weapons of the caliber that 6k players have or want to sell, if they stick around long enough to reach 6k.Leave Ex Inanis alone since its here to stay (grudginly) but put the drops back into event arkfalls like the recent Exl Event. I saw players ingame that i havent seen in Months-Years. It was a welcomed sight to see that many at an arkfall site again.Not to mention everyone has a chance to acquire the mods needed for weapons so you dont sit on a weapon for a year just to mod, rant over..............................

I've been reading the posts here with great interest (it's a little tricky now to respond to them all ). It is fascinating to get a glimpse into how things are on other platforms / regions. I am glad others are having better luck ...but I guess that doesn't really help those here .

I know the super traders don't like this type of idea... but I'm pretty sure no-one on PC EU would object if we had the following (which I see others have suggested in this thread too... thanks again to everyone making suggestions or concurring with other suggestions etc):

We have Py Numbra and we can buy specific Jackpots from him with PG – this is one of the best parts of Ex Inanis IMHO. No RNG... just earn your PG and buy the JP you want .

So we have that...why not compliment that idea with something similar for mods... especially mods for those particular Jackpots... why have one but not the other... it seems unbalanced. It's like selling hotdog buns on the shelves...but selling raffle tickets to get the frankfurters .

So perhaps we could have a proper vendor, like the cyber chip vendor? Where we can buy specific mods which particular synergies etc. They could be sold for a combination of PG, scrip, keycodes... whatever. We can have a runner in one location just for this or however the Development Team wan to implement it.

And yes, maybe the undesirable mods could be removed from the 1000 PG caches (and left in the 125 PG caches)? A friend suggested this to me a few days ago, and I think that would help a lot.
    I could never give the commando scopes I got from previous events to anyone...and melee stocks...bleurgh!

It was a lot easier to mod stuff before Ex Inanis... and I did kinda “tell you so”!
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...with-Ex-Inanis
    I crunched the numbers then (at least we have fewer weapon types now) and concluded that modding would be a PITA for the majority of players.

I just despair a little, when I see players/friends here having to make more and more extreme offers in Zone to try and get a Saturnalia T4 ERR (for example). If players are buying caches here, the majority of players don't bother trading and will be vendoring the stuff they get (inventory space and inventory management is a whole other issue! ). I would have bought more space if I could... would be nice to get the 2000 like the Devs get .

From what I can tell...player satisfaction (regarding modding) is at an all time low around here. If this continues... it would not surprise me if players are going to start leaving (again)...which is something nobody really wants. It was great to see more around for Extra Life...I would like them to stay and not rage-quit when I tell them “getting a single synergy mod will probably be 3 times harder now”.

Edit:

I was also hoping that the mod cache pricing would have been tweaked prior to the most recent synergy rotation (on 6th September):
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    We are happy with where this system is at, however we are keeping a close eye on the mod caches. We feel that they are not quite in the place we want them to be, as the investment vs return may not be high enough.

Quote Originally Posted by chow1116 View Post
    opposite has been true for me. I think at one point i had 6 t4 sat errs lol..i gave a couple away in clan and then used one on piper. i drop mag and stock...but no power bore or sight...go figure

what i think is happening tho (or at least in my case) is that people are sittin on mods in case they drop something worth modding.

Personally this is what I do. I have to vendor mods can't hide'em all. With all
    the "Flaming" in zone can't sell anything. All the more reason we NEED the
    EXCHANGE RETURNED.
    "It's my disaster friend, not yours."
    "If this isn't a mess, it'll do till one gets here."
    This is TRION here endith the Lesson.
    How do you say Trion in German? Gamigo

Thanks Tauriiel 6x6k

Yeah I have noticed modding to be a bit of an issue with me as well. I have several guns I am trying to complete. In clan chat I see people all the time asking if anyone has anything on hand and I always look. If I have something I tend to give it away in clan and I have received several mods this way as well. The issue is that everyone is looking for the same mods which makes it hard to complete said guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock2u View Post
    Im on xbox Na and ive seen veteran players and new comers alike carrying unmodded weapons from Ex Inanis. I would say "I told ya so.." But we havent had this conversation before.I have with clannies,friends etc.I dont know the exact math, when it comes to the % chance of pulling what you need from the runner but i can say "Its hit or miss". Most of the time its just vendor food.I know guys on Xbox Na that has no problems because they are veteran players with scrip to burn.Everyone knows if you offer enough,most likely you will get it.Some are part of larger clans and they kinda take care of one another(mod wise).Ive been on defiance for 3 years and have a extensive inventory but have more touble modding than i ever have.At least, when we had the event arkfalls and DROPS i could have a weapon t4d to syn within a day or so or sometimes within hours.Just depended on how hard we all grinded the events.But, back to your question....... I think alot of players on all platforms are struggling with this issue including myself.Good luck with your modding,make take a year or two
    Events system wins again. Well it surpasses Ex Inanis in every way. Just think about it, many have said it before: Ex Inanis should've been an addition not a replacement of event drops! I wish people would be more careful about what they suggest because we all know that when the few here on the forum asked for a "break" from events, it led to having no events at all, no new jps, weapon types, pursuits, bundles, packs and so on. I've not played in a while and wish things would go back to the way they were. It's better for the players and the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Events system wins again. Well it surpasses Ex Inanis in every way. Just think about it, many have said it before: Ex Inanis should've been an addition not a replacement of event drops! I wish people would be more careful about what they suggest because we all know that when the few here on the forum asked for a "break" from events, it led to having no events at all, no new jps, weapon types, pursuits, bundles, packs and so on. I've not played in a while and wish things would go back to the way they were. It's better for the players and the game as a whole.
    Agreed Aura, the Exl event was fun, a breath of fresh air in game, with drops even.Puts life back into the game and an incentive for players to return and have some fun,not to mention it was for a great cause.In game economy in zone was on fire for the first time in a long time ppl buying,selling,trading. After event,back to same ol same ol, Hope Trion finds a way to bring events back to coincide with Ex Inanis.

3 types of nano mags too

LE, it is an issue, pointed at during the rotation of the first set of synergies: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...nanis-true-JPs

I posted this before but since nothing changed I do it again. Mind this pic has only some weapons with Spinal Tap synergy, PS and SS are not included but had the same issue.

Something has to be done with this issue.