+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anti social

A friend and I will usually stand around (er, shoot each other, throw grenades, etc.) at vendors, chatting incessantly about whatever. Once we start chatting, others will usually chime in with questions or just to shoot the ****. The same holds true after an ark fall. To me (on PC) it feels like people are just shy about chatting up strangers. And then there's clans who are all probably on TS3 and the like, who don't need to chat in the open.

I mean, yes, chat sucks, and that's a big problem for a lot of folks. But I think people would chat more if they saw others around them also chatting.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Maybe that is not the right way to describe exactly,but it feels that way.

I have seriously had NO interaction in game thus far, unless it is PVP most people just forget their mics are open, no one cares to form parties for anything. I guess you don't need to. I talked to one guy by shooting at him to grab attention and commented on his cool outfit robe/gas mask (can I count the forums for social?) The only way I even caught one persons attention was spraying my weapon at them. Kinda sad right?

Tried talking to people at arkfalls like hey not shoot little skits. Not a single reply.

Guess really the game has no need for you to talk to people. Everything is very solo-able...Or possibly obvious to a degree. There has been times where I wanted to trade,talk or had questions. Again nothing.

Even in big events I have been in so far is like just madness everywhere. I have LITERALLY went to a hellbug arkfall with bunch of players shooting hellbugs and could stand there. Just stand there and be fine. In the rare occasions I do get hit or die - Getting or asking for revives is hit or miss so far in my experiences.

I mean damn dude. I like games when being in a squad or party and interacting with people to get something done.

Just feels very pointless to talk at all in this game....Is it just me or what, does anyone else feel similar??
    This is because this game is a console game

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post

I mean, yes, chat sucks, and that's a big problem for a lot of folks. But I think people would chat more if they saw others around them also chatting.
    This part holds so much truth, though I also think a lot of people sadly don't have keyboards or mics. I lost my mic so I have my keyboard plugged in 24/7. Sometimes I'll randomly say something or say stuff to help others, but most often not met with much in replies sadly .
    Seriousless - Putting the fun back into gaming!
    Come to my brothel for a fun time!
    Brothel for DLC!

There are more than a few pursuits that require teamwork. Finding the help is the hard part, I just spam the chat as often as I can and hope to find social players. That is all you can do at this point or join a clan, which is also hit or miss as they are all small because there hasn't been time to get a large established guild going.

Quote Originally Posted by TadeuChagas View Post
    This is because this game is a console game
    ^^^

No one is ever social on the consoles.

I would totally be more chatty if it weren't so broken. Calling on some stranger to make headshots on a blacklung while I tank him would be a lot easier if he could actually SEE what I had just typed and it was conspicuously displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Maybe that is not the right way to describe exactly,but it feels that way.

I have seriously had NO interaction in game thus far, unless it is PVP most people just forget their mics are open, no one cares to form parties for anything. I guess you don't need to. I talked to one guy by shooting at him to grab attention and commented on his cool outfit robe/gas mask (can I count the forums for social?) The only way I even caught one persons attention was spraying my weapon at them. Kinda sad right?

Tried talking to people at arkfalls like hey not shoot little skits. Not a single reply.

Guess really the game has no need for you to talk to people. Everything is very solo-able...Or possibly obvious to a degree. There has been times where I wanted to trade,talk or had questions. Again nothing.

Even in big events I have been in so far is like just madness everywhere. I have LITERALLY went to a hellbug arkfall with bunch of players shooting hellbugs and could stand there. Just stand there and be fine. In the rare occasions I do get hit or die - Getting or asking for revives is hit or miss so far in my experiences.

I mean damn dude. I like games when being in a squad or party and interacting with people to get something done.

Just feels very pointless to talk at all in this game....Is it just me or what, does anyone else feel similar??
    This is a console game. We have to deal with this.

I've met some people type chatting offering help and or advice. However most times when replying something always comes out of nowhere or I happen to be standing in the area that's designated the next roadblock zone and end up get slapped around whilst I go into button panic mode trying to minimise the chat window

Even if they fix the chat still the people won't use it at all.. i tried but who else wants to type in the middle of battlefield..

Quote Originally Posted by Warlander View Post
    Because the chat system sucks, there needs to be a global chat system that actually works lol
    Oh yeah..sure..then you too can listen to "The Wheel in the Sky" By Journey blasted over Xbox360's chat system..Like I had to listen to while doing an arkfall..Oh yeah and you can't mute the ******* cause welll....Muting mutes yourself... Awesome.. Seriously though..that would suck. Gonna have nightmares...
    Welcome to the new age is right. Console Gamers need to take a chill pill.
    Xbox Gamertag: EG Shinobi
    Defiance IGN: Jonus Black

+ Reply to Thread