+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rig Damage Mitigation

What's the problem?
    Currently, using any Cyber Rig other than a Defensive model stacking Damage Diffusors is putting yourself at a disadvantage (you can see why in this thread).

Damage Diffusors allow for incredible time-to-kill discrepancies that are not healthy for PvP considering the widespread damage reduction already in place. This is amplified by the fact that an Offensive Chip is always weaker than a Damage Diffusor of the same rarity.

Suggested Fix
    A way to fix this would be removing rigs from PvP, but that would ultimately anger people that spent hours grinding for a good Cyber Rig or gambled in boxes for a good Cyber Rig. As such, my suggestion to the problem is the following:

Cap the amount of Damage Mitigation a Cyber Rig can offer to 14% in PvP Instances.

Doing this would make Defensive Cyber Rigs more in line with other Rig Builds while also allowing more possibilities: say, your rig can reach the 14% Cap with just 4 chips but your rig has 2 Defensive Slots left. Now you can place 2 chips of your choice without handicapping yourself by not being able to place more Diffusors. Tired of Explosives? Place a couple of explosion Dampeners. Tired of Fire? Place a couple of Incendiary Resistors or Shield Optimizers.

Why 14%?
    Simple: A 14% Damage Mitigation gives you an eHP boost of 16.3%. This is higher than 6 Legendary Damage Intensifiers (which give you a 15% boost to damage) but weaker than 6 Legendary Conditional Damage Intensifiers, such as Critical Intensifiers and Weapons Specific Damage Intensifiers (which grant you a 18% boost to damage).

PS: Please keep the discussion about PvP. Thank you.

just remove cyber rigs, stims and spikes from pvp .

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    What's the problem?
    Currently, using any Cyber Rig other than a Defensive model stacking Damage Diffusors is putting yourself at a disadvantage (you can see why in this thread).

Damage Diffusors allow for incredible time-to-kill discrepancies that are not healthy for PvP considering the widespread damage reduction already in place. This is amplified by the fact that an Offensive Chip is always weaker than a Damage Diffusor of the same rarity.

Suggested Fix
    A way to fix this would be removing rigs from PvP, but that would ultimately anger people that spent hours grinding for a good Cyber Rig or gambled in boxes for a good Cyber Rig. As such, my suggestion to the problem is the following:

Cap the amount of Damage Mitigation a Cyber Rig can offer to 14% in PvP Instances.

Doing this would make Defensive Cyber Rigs more in line with other Rig Builds while also allowing more possibilities: say, your rig can reach the 14% Cap with just 4 chips but your rig has 2 Defensive Slots left. Now you can place 2 chips of your choice without handicapping yourself by not being able to place more Diffusors. Tired of Explosives? Place a couple of explosion Dampeners. Tired of Fire? Place a couple of Incendiary Resistors or Shield Optimizers.

Why 14%?
    Simple: A 14% Damage Mitigation gives you an eHP boost of 16.3%. This is higher than 6 Legendary Damage Intensifiers (which give you a 15% boost to damage) but weaker than 6 Legendary Conditional Damage Intensifiers, such as Critical Intensifiers and Weapons Specific Damage Intensifiers (which grant you a 18% boost to damage).

PS: Please keep the discussion about PvP. Thank you.

Great idea. +1

Although I could see this being a problem as well. Certain perks I'm thinking about give 15% dmg diff so if that's capped I wouldn't see any reason to use dmg diff. So they would use dmg int instead which would also cause some problem if this is implemented. Another reason why it might be a problem is the people running around with dmg based weapons that can kill in a instant if your not geared properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    just remove cyber rigs, stims and spikes from pvp .
    Why would you want rigs,spikes, and stims removed?

So one issue would be not being able to repair armor plates when ever needed. Either with a sent rig or armor repair stims. You could use the firewall syn but that's every 30 seconds you'd repair. This would be a problem and cause bio to be used more if it means the player reducing the amount of dmg one can take the next time they fight

removing rigs spikes and stim . would even out the playing alot . then it would be about perks , rolls and syns on guns.
    and a players skill

removing rigs spikes and stim . would even out the playing alot . then it would be about perks , rolls and syns on guns.
    and a players skill
    So what I said meant nothing to you? Obviously these things are in play someway somehow. You can't get by without some skill.

running around without plates . isnt a issue for me. been doing pvp since before . plates , stims, spikes and rigs came out.

running around without plates . isnt a issue for me. been doing pvp since before . plates , stims, spikes and rigs came out.
    That doesn't mean it wouldn't be a issue for those of us who actually care.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityDusk View Post
    Great idea. +1

Although I could see this being a problem as well. Certain perks I'm thinking about give 15% dmg diff so if that's capped I wouldn't see any reason to use dmg diff. So they would use dmg int instead which would also cause some problem if this is implemented. Another reason why it might be a problem is the people running around with dmg based weapons that can kill in a instant if your not geared properly.
    My idea is only capping Rig damage mitigation. You'd still be able to stack perks with rigs just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    My idea is only capping Rig damage mitigation. You'd still be able to stack perks with rigs just fine.
    Didn't you say capping dmg reduction as a whole?

Edit: o I see what you mean. Sorry I read it Incorrectly.