+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    There is never going to be "balance" in PVP. There will always be someone who thinks this is OP or that needs to be more OP. What needs to be fixed is the stability issues that cause you to have to reset every couple of matches or so.
    PSN bearbug74

PS3 IGN The Lady74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN The Lady
    Ego 50
    Clan Here2***ShtUp

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    Except that in their current state, "adapting" means use Defensive Cyber Rigs yourself since you can't counter damage mitigation.
    This will be false because I only used omni rig so using a defensive rig is not a option for me

Sig is made by taureiiel

My outdated shop
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...20#post2011620

Quote Originally Posted by Samali1212 View Post
    what i think about pvp is create new specific maps like map for only snipers or br's or infectors or rl etc.. maps should start with 2 players so nobody will complain to get killed by other weapons.. only same weapons in a map..
    This will be false because of it be who has a better rig not skills

Sig is made by taureiiel

My outdated shop

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady View Post
    There is never going to be "balance" in PVP. There will always be someone who thinks this is OP or that needs to be more OP. What needs to be fixed is the stability issues that cause you to have to reset every couple of matches or so.
    I agree. Stability is at an all time low. The worst part about pvp is not the deaths, not the perceived to be op guns, it's the fear and high probability of a disconnect on death.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Quote Originally Posted by WANNAGOFAST2015 View Post
    This will be false because I only used omni rig so using a defensive rig is not a option for me
    That statement doesnn't really prove anything. I provided mathematical proof that Offense is weaker than Defense, subjetive results don't prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady View Post
    Really? You're saying that no game to ever exist has ever had any kind of balance?
    I agree that perfect balance is nearly impossible to achieve but Defiance's PvP doesn't have any sort of balance at all. Why should Semi-auto Sniper Rifles beat Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles in every way? Why should Mass Blasters make all other CQC weapons redundant? Why should Defensive Cyber Rigs be mathematically better than Offensive Cyber Rigs by a good margin?
    Perfect balance might be had but the current PvP doesn't even have good balance bases at the moment (ie The hardest hitting weapons are the easiest to hit with.)

As for Stability, that is something that deserves it's own thread so let's try to keep this thread on topic.

That statement doesnn't really prove anything. I provided mathematical proof that Offense is weaker than Defense, subjetive results don't prove anything.
    Not true omni rig has way more dmg then the dmg disfusiors so it counters sent and a dev rigs the max dmg disfusions are 3.5 t6 and the max is 6 is I recall 24% but omni has 3% t6 and 6 slots for dmg it's plus the 10% dmg is active as well 18% so in total omni Has 4% more dmg then the max dis fused rigs so. By all means there is about having the gear to counter them so its not op as well like tbh not every one can afford the t6 chips for 35 mill each so it's not common thing to see. That's why I see there's no point then people who use omni would compain about other rigs and such so there no point in complaining in things. Instead of decreasing to match dmg in raise dmg up to the same as the disfuser. So my point was valid that there are ways to counter them. ( sorry for garmar and spelling errors I'v been working non stop for past 3 days.)

Sig is made by taureiiel

My outdated shop

Quote Originally Posted by WANNAGOFAST2015 View Post
    Not true omni rig has way more dmg then the dmg disfusiors so it counters sent and a dev rigs the max dmg disfusions are 3.5 t6 and the max is 6 is I recall 24% but omni has 3% t6 and 6 slots for dmg it's plus the 10% dmg is active as well 18% so in total omni Has 4% more dmg then the max dis fused rigs so. By all means there is about having the gear to counter them so its not op as well like tbh not every one can afford the t6 chips for 35 mill each so it's not common thing to see. That's why I see there's no point then people who use omni would compain about other rigs and such so there no point in complaining in things. Instead of decreasing to match dmg in raise dmg up to the same as the disfuser. So my point was valid that there are ways to counter them. ( sorry for garmar and spelling errors I'v been working non stop for past 3 days.)
    6 Supreme Damage Diffusors give 21% Damage mitigation, which equals a 26.7% eHP boost. Meanwhile, 6 Supreme Conditional Damage Intensifiers grant an 18% Damage bonus. When you need to take Cyber Rig Abilities that only a very limited number of Rigs have to attempt to balance the unbalance caused by Cyber Chips, then you know something's wrong.

i use a senti rig and it doesnt go well for omni rig users

What's the problem?
    Currently, using any Cyber Rig other than a Defensive model stacking Damage Diffusors is putting yourself at a disadvantage (you can see why in this thread).

Damage Diffusors allow for incredible time-to-kill discrepancies that are not healthy for PvP considering the widespread damage reduction already in place. This is amplified by the fact that an Offensive Chip is always weaker than a Damage Diffusor of the same rarity.

Suggested Fix
    A way to fix this would be removing rigs from PvP, but that would ultimately anger people that spent hours grinding for a good Cyber Rig or gambled in boxes for a good Cyber Rig. As such, my suggestion to the problem is the following:

Cap the amount of Damage Mitigation a Cyber Rig can offer to 14% in PvP Instances.

Doing this would make Defensive Cyber Rigs more in line with other Rig Builds while also allowing more possibilities: say, your rig can reach the 14% Cap with just 4 chips but your rig has 2 Defensive Slots left. Now you can place 2 chips of your choice without handicapping yourself by not being able to place more Diffusors. Tired of Explosives? Place a couple of explosion Dampeners. Tired of Fire? Place a couple of Incendiary Resistors or Shield Optimizers.

Why 14%?
    Simple: A 14% Damage Mitigation gives you an eHP boost of 16.3%. This is higher than 6 Legendary Damage Intensifiers (which give you a 15% boost to damage) but weaker than 6 Legendary Conditional Damage Intensifiers, such as Critical Intensifiers and Weapons Specific Damage Intensifiers (which grant you a 18% boost to damage).

PS: Please keep the discussion about PvP. Thank you.
    Congratulations. How about to remove Spikes and stims? Or even better, how about to remove grenades? Or remove the EGO powers? Or better than all of those: HOW ABOUT TO REMOVE THE GUNS?

You had a bad idea. Just use a Rig with offensive slots to counter a rig with defensive slots.

Sig by Tauriiel
    Assista aos meus vídeos/Watch my videos
    Playing old Defiance at: PS3 NA (old) and PC NA (2050)/ Só vem!! >>> Galaxy Rangers xBrazilx PSN