Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

All Quiet On The Dev-stern Front

Seems like we are in the midst of another dev/moderator hiatus. With Py Numbra not having any jackpots, Hulker Hell ending, the usual start date for New Frontier Harvest around the corner, all the bugs we reported, you would think there would be more of this "transparency" the have spoken of in the past.

Such a bummer to see longtime players and friends packing it in.

*Edit - just saw Detro's small post on the 11/1 Py Numbra thread.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

2.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #2
    We are around, I assure you. If you don’t see us here on the forums, it is usually because we are working on the game .

Be patient, good things are on the horizon.

And I'm ready for what's to come

Thanks for the words Destro. Looking forward to it.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    We are around, I assure you. If you don’t see us here on the forums, it is usually because we are working on the game .

You've been saying that since you took event drops out and left events so barren that they have become obsolete for many of us. So could you tell us what exactly are we waiting for. You've told us nothing since June!

Unfortunately, the horizon looks extremely far away from our viewpoint when the defiance forum is neglected...

I took a gander at the other Trion forums and noticed a lot of Dev activity. All the other games must not have anything "on the horizon"...

Read into it what you will...
    "It is what it is..."
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo IGN-Reb Aingeal
    PS3na
    187 Syndicate

That's cool...I know you guys are busy, but it would be nice if maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour could be allocated to "forum related stuff" per week...or something like that. Maybe between all the staff?
    Or maybe this is part of a CM's remit? Maybe some weekly/fortnightly status update thing?
    Just spitballing

I'm looking forward to the new inventory sorting enhancements mentioned in the Extra Life livestream .

I was imagining maybe: categories, tabs, sorting by all different criteria (perhaps even multi-column sorting).
    Sorting by synergy, nano, rarity, mod status etc...the more options the better!

For anyone that missed it, the Bens hinted at something around the 40 minute mark:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/182007830

Quote Originally Posted by Light Energy View Post
    That's cool...I know you guys are busy, but it would be nice if maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour could be allocated to "forum related stuff" per week...or something like that. Maybe between all the staff?
    Or maybe this is part of a CM's remit? Maybe some weekly/fortnightly status update thing?
    Just spitballing
    The reason that we allegedly have a Community Manager is to handle the "forum related stuff". The problem is that the community manager position for Defiance is a part time gig (at best). Yaviey is the CM for both Rift and Defiance but it is quite clear based on the amount of interaction that she has with both communities that Defiance is not a priority for Trion. She has averaged almost 5 posts per day in the 3+ months that she has been the CM for Rift but in the 6 weeks that she has been with Defiance she has averaged less than 1 post per day.

Just to be clear, I'm not criticizing Yaviey for not doing her job because I'm certain that she is doing exactly what her bosses want her to do. It is completely consistent with the support and service that we have received from the last several CM's and it just further demonstrates that Defiance is not a very high priority for Trion. The last CM that attempted to provide us with any sort of substantial presence was Kiwi and look where that got her. So I wouldn't expect anything more than we already receive: minimal support, sporadic updates, and vague assurances.

With the 5th anniversary coming up I'm sure they are waiting for that to launch all the cool new stuff.
    Ign The Lady74
    PSN bearbug74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate

10.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    Seems like we are in the midst of another dev/moderator hiatus. With Py Numbra not having any jackpots, Hulker Hell ending, the usual start date for New Frontier Harvest around the corner, all the bugs we reported, you would think there would be more of this "transparency" the have spoken of in the past.

Such a bummer to see longtime players and friends packing it in.

*Edit - just saw Detro's small post on the 11/1 Py Numbra thread.
    Hey Johnny,

First off, I'd like to apologize on this front. I came on board to help with forum and moderation stuff on Defiance while also being pretty focused on RIFT, what I was originally hired at Trion to do. It was always the goal to do more on the forums and then a slew of events took place including a pretty big RIFT game update (at least from a planning standpoint) and some in-person events - and those ate up a ton of my time. It is hella hard doing both but I'm hoping that now that things have settled down on both the RIFT and event season side that I'll be able to spend more time here on the forums.