+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dev clairification please

2 things.

I recall one of the developers stating, if defiance went next gen consoles that characters would not be transferable. Correct?

When reload and mag converters were patched, no nano weapons took a 5 or 10% damage reduction. Correct?

I could not locate the thread or live stream for the first. It was in the first quarter of this year when there were several people asking in forums and the live stream questions regarding next gen compatabilty. For the second one I could not find the complete patch notes to confirm this either.

Thank you for your time.

I think if defiance goes to the new consoles, that you should be able to bring your toons with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    When reload and mag converters were patched, no nano weapons took a 5 or 10% damage reduction. Correct?
    This is incorrect. When you apply a nano to a weapon, the weapon decreases in DMG by 10%.

No nano weapons are 10% stronger DMG wise compared to their nano counter parts all else equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Life View Post
    I think if defiance goes to the new consoles, that you should be able to bring your toons with.
    Now, if only my general interest in a 4 year old game would follow suit...
    Defiance 2050 = 2018's worst cash grab. 100% fact.
    Medjed: "Trust me, we will do our best to avoid any unanswered questions."
    Imagine trying to peddle bit store trash instead of fixing the game in 2020.

What would moving to next generation change? yes better quality and..? Disconnection issue is on there end so nothing will happen in regards to this. I can't think of anything else since at the moment there's no content development and fun stuff to do in-game. I'm happy with the bringing back of event drops (if they do really bring them back), that's what the game really needs atm and i'm sure many others agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    What would moving to next generation change? yes better quality and..? Disconnection issue is on there end so nothing will happen in regards to this. I can't think of anything else since at the moment there's no content development and fun stuff to do in-game. I'm happy with the bringing back of event drops (if they do really bring them back), that's what the game really needs atm and i'm sure many others agree.
    They have said several times that they don't plan on bringing back event drops.

Please provide source of contrary...
    "It is what it is..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Destromathe View Post
    I can assure you that we care deeply about Defiance.
    PSN-rebtattoo
    PS3na IGN-Reb Aingeal
    187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN - Reb

I started this for devs to clairify. unless anyone can show proof to the contrary I'll wait till a devs confirms or deny.

If you feel compelled to post in this thread please stay on topic. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Life View Post
    I think if defiance continues to exist, that you should be able to brings your characters to the main platform (pc).
    PS3/PC NA

Quote Originally Posted by Logain View Post
    This is incorrect. When you apply a nano to a weapon, the weapon decreases in DMG by 10%.

No nano weapons are 10% stronger DMG wise compared to their nano counter parts all else equal.
    This was correct before the mag and reload patch. When they patched the mag and reload converters no nano weapons got a damage reduction. But rather than argue about it I started a thread so the devs could confirm or deny my statement so we all get clarification.

10.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    2 things.

I recall one of the developers stating, if defiance went next gen consoles that characters would not be transferable. Correct?

I could not locate the thread or live stream for the first. It was in the first quarter of this year when there were several people asking in forums and the live stream questions regarding next gen compatabilty. For the second one I could not find the complete patch notes to confirm this either.

Thank you for your time.
    Hey Cygnus,

Regarding your first question, we cannot answer at this time.

In answer to your second question, when reload and mag converters were patched, we didn't change the no nano damage values. Nano weapons deal 10% less damage.

Thank you!