Closed Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    That Livestream Guy
    The current Episode missions in the game will be unavailable to play after the first episode airs. The idea is that the timeline of the show and game are in sync, so once the first episode airs it won't make sense for Nolan and Irisa to still be in the Bay Area
    Trion Worlds Social Media Dude
    @OverloadUT

Quote Originally Posted by OverloadUT View Post
    The current Episode missions in the game will be unavailable to play after the first episode airs. The idea is that the timeline of the show and game are in sync, so once the first episode airs it won't make sense for Nolan and Irisa to still be in the Bay Area
    Its actually impressive to me that Trion would do that much work on a mission arc, with full cutscenes and be willing to get rid of it after the episode.

But I'd like to humbly suggest having a 'Rerun' season when new episodes aren't being aired for those that missed any.

So new characters won't meet them on the Stratocarrier anymore?

That Livestream Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass Jack View Post
    Its actually impressive to me that Trion would do that much work on a mission arc, with full cutscenes and be willing to get rid of it after the episode.

But I'd like to humbly suggest having a 'Rerun' season when new episodes aren't being aired for those that missed any.
    Humble suggestion noted

Quote Originally Posted by Snowranger19 View Post
    So new characters won't meet them on the Stratocarrier anymore?
    Good question that I'm not 100% sure about. I haven't actually had the time to sit down and play that version of the game yet!

Humble suggestion noted
    I like the idea of some old story teller who spins yarns about yesteryear and all the things that have gone on in the bay area. Maybe the one legged "ARRRRRKKKK FALLLLLL" guy from the live action vid. >.< Pop him outside the bar or something >.<

Would also be nice if we could re-view previously watched cut scenes too somehow? Nice sometimes to stroll down memory lane.
    Visit the Learn Votan site & forums - Part of the Defiance Wiki! @LearnVotan on Twitter
    Matches: Defiance videos covering just cut scenes - Currently have all the main game story line & Crossover missions!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantos View Post
    they leave after you complete the missions, A new character (in theroy) being made would still go through the events with the stratocarrier, that doesnt get taken out (again in theroy) so the new player's ark hunter would still meet the characters and escape with them on the stratocarrier, leading the main characters to be in san fransisco in the new player's timeline.
    However due to the nature of the start of the game, for all the player knows he could've been knocked out for quite some time, giving both nolan and irisa plenty of time to get to defiance, afterall cass sais shes surpised we are not soup.

Chances are it was made like that purposly to give you room to explain why you meet nolan and irisa at start, but they are gone by the time you enter the bay (if you start after the first episodes)

Overload, another suggestion would be to do a offical play trough of those missions, record it and have it availible on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by fishboy11 View Post
    well seeing as how probably about half the total defiance players wont actually be able to watch the show because they dont get syfy in their country and US TV websites are region locked so they cant watch them there either, its not gonna make a lot of difference to a lot of people
    This! Absolutely pointless to remove them from the game, seeing how many People cannot even watch the TV show.

The game is already light on content! Why on Earth would they want to start "removing" content??! /Facepalm

At least by keeping all and future episode missions in the game, you can create a New progressing story line Next to the main one! /shrug

The episode missions currently in the game are actually pretty fun and would love to do them on an ALT again some day.

wait, so they are changing the game so its behind the series instead of following it? btw how many actually got the ultimate edition and watch the sneak peak Ep1? >.> Id bet the game falls "right" into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronan View Post
    seeing how many People cannot even watch the TV show.
    This is going to sound insanely callous of me.

But maybe the game isn't intended for those people.

There are plenty of difficulties in localization. There are technical, cultural, legal, and business issues that go into localizing some product. Why should the overall quality (in this case, the games ability to explicitly be "current" with the show) suffer to account for the lowest common denominator?

Man I'm not going to make many friends with that sort of argument.

So, its possible that the season 1 episode missions (excluding the current 4) might stay for the whole season? (not everyone is able to, unless downloading illegaly, watch the episodes the same week, or possible month.. heck.. year..). Personally I will aquire the episodes in whatever way I can even if I have to aquire it from *cough* "other sources".
    Platform: PC
    Character: Blackwolfe (EU)

Rolling with the Red Thugs!