+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Classes

Classes

When I started to play that game last weekend I was a bit surprised that there are no classes in here.
    4 backgrounds and that's it.
    I'm not saying that Defiance should have typical MMO set Tank/Healer/DPS but something would be nice.
    There is no point in making another character to see how other skills work cause we can unlock all skills and respec any time.

I would say this is of greater benefit over the standard pigeon holing into classes. if you want to try something different you do not have to make another character and was time releving. Great Call Defiance you may have started a new trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudal View Post
    When I started to play that game last weekend I was a bit surprised that there are no classes in here.
    4 backgrounds and that's it.
    I'm not saying that Defiance should have typical MMO set Tank/Healer/DPS but something would be nice.
    There is no point in making another character to see how other skills work cause we can unlock all skills and respec any time.
    I have to agree that some sort of specialization would be awesome. Ego specialization. Implant an ego update which improves specific parts of your powers and adds some tree/grid specific to it would be nice.

Good. Tired of making alts to do a X thing the other can't. Some games its needed but something like this isn't.
    Final Fantasy 11,14 and Secret World are the few I can name off the top of my head that did this. It's a great feature to swap out for situations.

That is pretty much why I can't see myself ever creating a new char as there is no reason to do so. WoW I create at least one of every class depending on what I felt like doing, this game 1 char does everything.

I would LOVE to have a dedicated core system. Tank/Healers/DPS is what I grew up with and, it makes sense. I would love to see some type of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraline View Post
    Good. Tired of making alts to do a X thing the other can't. Some games its needed but something like this isn't.
    Final Fantasy 11,14 and Secret World are the few I can name off the top of my head that did this. It's a great feature to swap out for situations.
    The secret world does it in a way that allows countless "classes" you can configure and enjoy. It's like Defiance in some way, but from where Defiance is TSW allows you specialization in every direction rather than keep it all in a single plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivlet View Post
    I would LOVE to have a dedicated core system. Tank/Healers/DPS is what I grew up with and, it makes sense. I would love to see some type of that.
    No, it doesn't make sense for this game to try and follow the Holy Trinity.

There are hundreds of other games that do that I can easily point out to you.

It may make sense if you apply it to a raid or something that would force people to be in adaptive roles, not just on their own, doing their own thing. If teamwork was an issue (not shoot this thing at the same time, but something like "Someone control the adds") it would work out well. TF2 had classes that performed different actions and had different skills. It would make sense in a game like this.

Heh, even as a pretty big time RPG player I don't see how anyone could think this was a good idea. Defiance is a Shooter. Learn to shoot.

You want class variance, Here: Decoy: Tank. Blur: Melee DPS. Cloak: Ranged DPS. Overload: Healer (hah, yeah, ok that doesn't fit very well, but uh, it'd increase the heal rate on BMG No?)