+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Keep laggy players away from PvP

Currently, there is a player on PC EU who has a pretty terrible connection, to the point that he can shoot you when you're behind cover and damages you for a solid second after death. This is clearly a 1000+ Ping player.
    Now, playing against these players makes for a pretty terrible experience, since dodging grenades becomes impossible, knowing whether or not you're truly behind cover is pure luck and in direct combat you never know whether they're firing or reloading.
    My suggestion is the following: keep players who have 500+ Ping off the server. There are multiple server and if someone picks the correct region and plays with a remotely decent internet connection, they should easily have at least 300+ Ping at worst so it wouldn't alienate anyone unless they deserve to be kept away from PvP.

I’m shocked that Defiance doesn’t have a ping limit in pvp at least.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

Ps3 Eu has become a lag fest during last year,even worse than when u were around white strike.
    Lets say the player MC,which account is used by 2 different persons ,have 1 that is so laggy to the point that his toon dont properly render unless is 5m away or u just dont do any DMG at all.
    A ping limit would be ok,but some kind of ping compensation like other FPS use would be great for PvP and prolly would fix the majority of this lag issues there. At least like dice did with bf1..cos their previous lag compensation would favor players with higher pings.

Im having WiFi problem atm and have to use Hotspot unlike half the people I have only one option as Internet provider so this is not fair to all players. I also live out in the country as well

Sig is made by taureiiel

My outdated shop
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...20#post2011620

Quote Originally Posted by WANNAGOFAST2015 View Post
    Im having WiFi problem atm and have to use Hotspot unlike half the people I have only one option as Internet provider so this is not fair to all players. I also live out in the country as well
    If that's causing you to have high ping then it's not fair that for everyone else that you're able to enter PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStrike View Post
    If that's causing you to have high ping then it's not fair that for everyone else that you're able to enter PvP.
    I'm running 5 to 8 Mbs so it ain't to bad. My WiFi ran at 30 to 35

Sig is made by taureiiel

My outdated shop

Quote Originally Posted by WANNAGOFAST2015 View Post
    I'm running 5 to 8 Mbs so it ain't to bad. My WiFi ran at 30 to 35
    5/8mb is not a great speed connection,but i understand that if it is what u can have atm,is better than nome ofc. Using WiFi doesnt help either that only gona make your ping going higher. 1 thing is your speed,other is your ping and u prolly have a high 1,or i'm almost sure that u've. Does not fair for others with lower and better connections,but is devs job fix this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoshell View Post
    5/8mb is not a great speed connection,but i understand that if it is what u can have atm,is better than nome ofc. Using WiFi doesnt help either that only gona make your ping going higher. 1 thing is your speed,other is your ping and u prolly have a high 1,or i'm almost sure that u've. Does not fair for others with lower and better connections,but is devs job fix this issue.
    It not a problem for other in pvp it's a problem for me becuz I can't kill any but they kill me fine with my bad ping. But my WiFi was fix yesterday back up to 32 Mps

Sig is made by taureiiel

My outdated shop

Wrong

the difference of our score is the same as the difference of each game ... if for you to have better internet makes me have a better score, I think that in my case is incorrect because the one who created this thread has fought against me in ps3 and was the only player that cost me to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdercat View Post
    my toon was used by another player friend who no longer plays ... and the difference of our score is the same as the difference of each game ... if for you to have better internet makes me have a better score, I think that in my case is incorrect because the one who created this thread has fought against me in ps3 and was the only player that cost me to kill.
    It's against the ToS to share your account information. You may want to remove that from your post.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance