+ Reply to Thread

Export / save our entire inventory listing to file

Could we please have the option to:

Export / save our entire inventory listing to file.

That is...the ability to have an inventory dump (to file). A list of all weapons, mods, etc in a file (text, csv, xml whatever) so we can keep track of all the bits and pieces. It would make it easier for trading as well, if we could then generate a spreadsheet.

This would save many players a lot of time and effort when making forum trading posts and so on.
    I've seen so many posts in the trade sections (like this) and just wished this was an option to make things easier for people.
    Programmatically, one would hope it should be relatively straightforward to export the inventory table from the database.

On PC, it could be save locally (perhaps in the default Defiance directory, to simplify things).
    On consoles, I don't know the specifics, but maybe it could be save to file on the machine.
    If not perhaps it could be emailed or something like that?

I'm hoping, this could be incorporated in to the upcoming enhancements to Inventory Management etc

A very rough example outline (just to get the gist, I may have left some details out):
    Code:
    WEAPONS

– TYPE – TIER – NAME – NANO – EGO LEVEL – SYNERGY – MOD STATUS 

MODS

– TIER – NAME – SYNERGY

SHIELDS

– TYPE – TIER – NAME – BONUS – SYNERGY – STATS

RIGS

– TYPE – TIER – NAME – ABILITIES – STATS

CYBER CHIPS

– TYPE – TIER – NAME
    Thanks for reading
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Sounds like it would be very convenient for players with large inventories over multiple toons.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

I'm just bumping this thread, in case those prolific traders missed it.

I really thought all those players who spent such a long time on trade lists would have jumped on this idea. I think it would have saved people so much time.
    As a dev, it just feels really painful, to see how many hours people must have spent on somthing which could be automated

This is a recent example:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...8-Stuff-4-Sale

I've seen much longer posts / lists. These players must spend ages on it. So much time and effort.

I'd be all for this LE, though, I do believe it would be more challenging on consoles. People often ask me if I have stuff and my answer is always the same, "probably, somewhere" as I have stuff spread across 7 toons. Any way that would make it easier/more convenient to see my inventory would be well received haha. I've abandoned my trade/sell thread for a couple of reasons, one of them being that it was getting to be too much of a hassle to keep up with even though I did my best to keep it organized lol
    sig by Tauriiel
    PS3 NA
    IGN: chow1116 (6000) | babebraham lincoln (6000)
    PSN: chownasty11
    For sale items here
    "Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Quote Originally Posted by chow1116 View Post
    I'd be all for this LE, though, I do believe it would be more challenging on consoles. People often ask me if I have stuff and my answer is always the same, "probably, somewhere" as I have stuff spread across 7 toons. Any way that would make it easier/more convenient to see my inventory would be well received haha. I've abandoned my trade/sell thread for a couple of reasons, one of them being that it was getting to be too much of a hassle to keep up with even though I did my best to keep it organized lol
    Plus 100.

If there was a way for it to work for consoles, it would be awesome. Seems like it should not be that big of a deal for pc users.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

the ability to access current inventory on the forums would make things alot easier. all that typing is time consuming and trying to keep up with the adding new stuff and removing sold stuff is a royal pain. and by no means are my listing current or up to date cause ya tend to forget things ya used or sold. been doing this for 4 or so years now and i think i have the longest running ACTIVE threads in the need want section for all servers not just 360
    this brings me to the main point, the majority of players are far to lazy and impatient to do all this and want instant gratification by selling in zone. second problem is the forums have been dead for about 2 years (the exchange had a bit to do with that) . third is 90% of current players either dont know or dont care that there is even a forums for this game (but then again based on activity over the last year, the devs apply to this as well).

gotta go to work, will add more to this later.......

Thanks for the responses so far .

Don't consoles have some kind of messaging system or something? I just found something called the "Xbox Live Message Center".
    I would hope that they don't operate in completely closed systems.
    What about saving to a USB flash drive?

Quote Originally Posted by richardkrainium View Post
    ... this brings me to the main point, the majority of players are far to lazy and impatient to do all this and want instant gratification by selling in zone. second problem is the forums have been dead for about 2 years (the exchange had a bit to do with that) . third is 90% of current players either dont know or dont care that there is even a forums for this game (but then again based on activity over the last year, the devs apply to this as well).
    Ah yes, I see that.
    From my POV, the easier it is to create and maintain trading posts/threads ... the more popular it should be.

Also ... I know friends use email etc to trade and maintain lists elsewhere online (like shared Google spreadsheets etc).

I suggested this idea about 1 year ago, in a PM to a Dev (along with some other stuff). But since there are now more members in the Dev Team, inventory is being updated (according to the Extra Life live stream) and if current generation consoles are going to be supported ... then I reckon something like this should be possible to add with all the other changes.

I also thought it would be cool to keep track of my inventory, look at the list offline, maybe send a section to a friend to look at etc etc.
    I like automating stuff in software because I can be a bit lazy! I could just sent part of my inventory list to a friend when trying to buy something from them and say “what would you like”.

for the most part, ive been using the threads as spreadsheets . i see someone in zone asking for a mod, check to see if i have it, then tell them its on another chr

as for the messaging system on xbox goes, it hasnt worked properly for the last year. sometimes you get the messages sometimes you dont

+1 for this idea.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

I don't even bother with trading and selling my gear because it's such a pain in the *** to search through it and post the significant details relating to any merchandise I would like to sell. So I'm all for this.