+ Reply to Thread

Returning player: Character missing

I consider myself a veteran Defiance player. I played for a number of years, had (the the time) max EGO, most achievements, challenges etc done, top tier equipment and shields, and vehicles. Now to return after 2 years of inactivity to find it - GONE. My character sheet is blank. It prompted to make a new nickname and new character upon login. (And yes, my account details are correct).
    At first I thought it might be because i downloaded directly from the website, yet at the time i played via steam, so without any delay i tried steam version (not that it should matter as the glyph account is the same for steam and nonsteam versions and so are the purchases as they are both linked).

I checked if my purchase history was erased too, but it was fine, it was showing up all my purchases, bits, various DLC and game upgrades etc from 2013 all the way to 2015, so it's not like my account's been entirely "reset" or "erased" which i know has happened in a handful of games i've played in the past. But my character and everything it held is still gone. Why? Have I missed something? Was there a character transfer thing going on that I may have missed? AFAIK Trion still holds Defiance and I never got any e-mails for transferring accounts/characters etc like these games normally do when they transfer ownerships or undergo massive changes.

I have opened a support ticket explaining the exact same thing, but has this happened to anyone here aswell? Or is it something blindingly obvious I am missing? I do miss Defiance and wish to return (I still have my collector's edition hellbug next to my PC after all these years for crying out loud). But this is not the warm welcome i expected upon return.
    If what you keep holds truth inside, stand up defend or lay down and die...

did you check if your on the eu server?

OMFG, how could i be so blind? I even remember advising people in the past about this exact same thing, come to think of it.

Thanks man! It's still there (phew). I will now haul my brainless self and play the game (and cancel the support ticket).

Thanks
    If what you keep holds truth inside, stand up defend or lay down and die...