+ Reply to Thread

Returning player: PvP changes/tips/advice?

Hello guys. Returned to Defiance after about 2 years of inactivity. I'm EGO 5.7k+ with what used to be relatively decent gear.
    I used to avidly PvP, and was quite goot at it. Scores like 50:5-10 was a common occurance. Now I jumped into a few shadow wars, the same weapons that used to one-shot or two-shot people (some snipers and shotguns point blank) literally do no damage at all. I mean, a fully charged Surge Bolter hits like 8-10k dmg? How? What is everyone wearing that protects from such damage (fully charged Bolter is like 150k dmg everywhere else) and when I last played, with a well placed shot around the head area you could instakill. Now it literally slaps like a wet fish. Same with a pump action shotgun, point blank with most pellets hitting the target it killed with 1-2 hits, now it doesn't even tickle... What gives?
    I mean all my gear is OJ and up, matched synergies t4-6 mods, everything at my EGO rating.

What is the secret sauce I am missing? What are those shields everyone uses that can't be damaged? And the snipers that literally instagib me? I know I am 2 years behind, but my gear shouldn't be literally absolete considering it's still in the game, still purchaseable for the same amount of currency etc.

It took people a quite an effort to break my Rhino IV OJ shields and now it's like i don't even have one. I feel like i'm a complete newcomer even though I am geared to the teeth with everything still that was considered "end-game" stuff.
    Have there been extremely heavy nerfs or is this new stuff some P2W from boxes that they keep shoving in my face everytime i log in?

What is it I am looking for? Where do i find PvP-worthy gear that actually damages the enemy?
    If what you keep holds truth inside, stand up defend or lay down and die...

You will need to get a mass blaster to use in pvp. That is all anyone is using these days. They are ridiculously strong in pvp at the moment. You have missed a lot in 2 years. There have been some major overhauls to pvp and how damage is dealt and received. There have been so really strong syns that have come out in the last 2 years that have made a lot of older gear obsolete. So trade for an oj mass blaster, even a blast rifle, and use those in pvp. If the clan you were in two years ago is no longer active, I would highlt suggest getting clicked up with a good clan that can catch you up to speed.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

From the beggining: 1 - There was a patch where all dmg was reduced, so you will need to do more dmg to get kills (no more 1 shot shotguns or 1 shot for snipers against full equip players).
    2 - There was an event, where trion gave lots of 32k shields (oj), 33.5k when sup, try to get one of this, if possible with AA or GA.
    3 - Mass blasters are the strongest close quarter weapons right now, get one, or at least a good BR. Or stay away from the ppl.
    4 - For snipers try a blast bolter, a good one can take down even the strongest one with 2~3 head shoots. (or 10+ bodyshoots...)
    5 - Aim for the head, everything else is useless (mass blasters not included)
    6 - Get a cyber rig full of dmg difusors and dmg intensifiers.
    7 - If you dont have that, try any sword, blur (with sonic strike), brawler stim and you will be able to kill everyone.

With that said, you will be one of the strongest pvp players. GL!!
    PC NA

- Watch your head

Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Punkcore View Post
    From the beggining: 1 - There was a patch where all dmg was reduced, so you will need to do more dmg to get kills (no more 1 shot shotguns or 1 shot for snipers against full equip players).
    2 - There was an event, where trion gave lots of 32k shields (oj), 33.5k when sup, try to get one of this, if possible with AA or GA.
    3 - Mass blasters are the strongest close quarter weapons right now, get one, or at least a good BR. Or stay away from the ppl.
    4 - For snipers try a blast bolter, a good one can take down even the strongest one with 2~3 head shoots. (or 10+ bodyshoots...)
    5 - Aim for the head, everything else is useless (mass blasters not included)
    6 - Get a cyber rig full of dmg difusors and dmg intensifiers.
    7 - If you dont have that, try any sword, blur (with sonic strike), brawler stim and you will be able to kill everyone.

With that said, you will be one of the strongest pvp players. GL!!
    This really sums up all of PvP. Mass Blaster, Blast Bolter, Dmg Stack rig and spray the face. I'm starting to miss the guided rocket launchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Altras View Post
    This really sums up all of PvP. Mass Blaster, Blast Bolter, Dmg Stack rig and spray the face. I'm starting to miss the guided rocket launchers.
    I don’t miss grl, but I do miss the op Cerberus that really added something interesting to matches
    Antony Harrist - PC NA