+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Robo View Post
    WHY WOULD YOU DISREGARD RIGS AND MASTERIES?? completely disagree
    Because Rigs are the most hilariously unbalanced thing that Trion has ever designed, and certain masteries completely break some weapons (ex:Guided RLs and Pumpkin Launchers)

ill start with sawed offs? every used a snuggie? if not do it and come tell me how you did.
    A shotgun is high risk high reward. you get close more chance of death.
    Ever used a shotgun in literally any shooter ever? Because in Defiance, using Shotguns is not complicated at all, especially sawn-off shotguns and their polarizing nature (you either 2-shot and have an OP shotgun or you don't 2-shot and your sawn-off is trash. This is crappy balance)

rigs make things personalised. for example in cod you have hardened to shoot through stuff, so you can play a certain way.
    We have perks for that (which are getting a revamp so that there are no longer necessary perks) .

Crouch cooldown? really? why dont you make it so we cant move too. because you can move left and right in them too.
    This isn't a big problem on consoles but on PC every sniper fight revolves into spamming crouches while trying to headshot the other guy. This is a problem because the crouching animation takes 0.2 to go from fully standing to fully crouched. It would need to take 0.5 - 0.6 seconds to complete the animation for it to be even remotely balanced.

Now i dont want to seem like im attcking you, so pls do reply. i just think it would ruin pvp
    Really? Because people played PvP in 2013. And if you ignore the main balance problems at the time, Syphon, Infectors, Explosives, Shotguns, all of which would be fixed with the suggested changes, it was actually quite good. Cyber Rigs didn't exist, you didn't have OPed synergies, you didn't have super fast sawn-offs, although they were problematic but it was mostly because Cloak was fully invisible and because they had way too much damage. And from looking at videos of it, I'd much rather be playing in that PvP with a few tweaks from today's PVP, which actually had interesting perk builds and had a skillful element to it, than today's Trade Window PvP, which is ruled by whoever has that newest OP gun.

i have also pvped alot and have been through alot of the changes. but these changes would make everything stupid
    6K the Hard Way

that isnt they only way to instant reload a gun

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    that isnt they only way to instant reload a gun
    The only way to instantly reload a gun is overcharge or use a good amount of gear levered toward reload.

The pumpkin has 4.0 reload t6ed and with a t5 reload mag

To reload 2 pumpkins if you have the mag mastery you need at least 17% reload via ga syn or pand and a reload Chip in ur mag

2 reload 4 you need at least 21%

Anymore and you'll reload 5/6 depending on the mastery

Anything that needs this amount of gear to simply reload doesn't need help and should "instant reload"
    Not easy. Just simple.

there are still other ways to instant reload weapons

Ur saying you want gear removed that people's have put countless hours and money into

100% disagree with almost everything you said... rigs and masterys should be treated differently

Some weapons aren't meant to be used in pvp or competitively
    Not easy. Just simple.

Messing with rigs and masteries are two of thr worst ideas I've ever heard.

Crouch cool down? Seriously?

GT "Slurpee xD"
    6k TreyxD, 5k Benzos
    360 NA
    Extinction Event
    Make surge bolters great again™

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityDusk View Post
    The only way to instantly reload a gun is overcharge or use a good amount of gear levered toward reload.

The pumpkin has 4.0 reload t6ed and with a t5 reload mag

To reload 2 pumpkins if you have the mag mastery you need at least 17% reload via ga syn or pand and a reload Chip in ur mag

2 reload 4 you need at least 21%

Anymore and you'll reload 5/6 depending on the mastery

Anything that needs this amount of gear to simply reload doesn't need help and should "instant reload"
    You could just run 37% reload from Omni plus GA like I do and faceroll your controller.

On a serious note, I do miss the PvP from back in 2013. It was significantly more balanced and since all the gun types did the same amount of dmg regardless of ego pvp flourished. For people to strive to be the king of pvp now is nothing but a joke. Defiance pvp has been irrelevant for so long it’s turned into a spectacle of OP guns. Regardless of what people say, there is skill in using any type of non-locking weapon (yes even mass blasters) because we’re not predator and can’t lock on headshots using a shoulder mounted laser cannon.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by konstantinov View Post
    Guided anything requires ZERO skill. Pvp shouldn’t revolve around hiding.
    You can't just pick up a guided and do well movement and placement are everything especially with the new grl nerf that makes any guided without a proper set up garbage
    Not easy. Just simple.

This is a good and a well thought out idea, but Defiance pvp has always been gear based rather than skill based. If they implement this idea I think it shouldn't replace the current pvp but be another pvp mode. In my personal opinion, if they ever did this, I might pick up my ps3 controller and play Defiance again.