Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Xbox Smartglass for chat

Is Trion going to be utilizing Xbox Smatglass with in the game? I personally would like to use it for chat instead of getting an xbox chatpad.
    Have things you want to trade? Go to http://www.scripsandbits.com/forum/ for the unofficial Defiance Marketplace!

I doubt Trion will be using Smartglass. Most of the games I have play with Smart Glass are simple map navigation but it's still laggy. The chatpad is still the best thing to use but it takes some getting use to. The only other game I know of that will fully use Smartglass is Ascend : New Gods.

Can't you just hook up a Keyboard? I know they let you do that in the web browser so why couldn't you for the chat?

Click on the image and like the facebook page to follow along with development progress.

Quote Originally Posted by rathb18 View Post
    Can't you just hook up a Keyboard? I know they let you do that in the web browser so why couldn't you for the chat?
    Trion developers said the game was compatible with a keyboard so you can use the chat with it. I believe I also remember them saying somewhere that you could resize the chat window. Possibly, so you can be more involved in a chat. This would be convenient if you were chatting with a large group of people.

Yeah in the IGN vid they said you can hook up a keyboard.

oh and for anyone worried about buying a keyboard or w/e (Mainly in UK) There is wireless keyboards selling in ASDA for like five quid. So no excuse! Big mac meals cost more!!

XBL: RoganTheGypo

Quote Originally Posted by RoganTheGypo View Post
    Yeah in the IGN vid they said you can hook up a keyboard.

oh and for anyone worried about buying a keyboard or w/e (Mainly in UK) There is wireless keyboards selling in ASDA for like five quid. So no excuse! Big mac meals cost more!!
    Nice, I have never heard of that place since I like in usa but they do have some great prices. I think the cheapest keyboard at local stores where I live are about $10 but there wired. I might have to buy some stuff from ASDA if they ship to the us.

Click on the image and like the facebook page to follow along with development progress.

Quote Originally Posted by rathb18 View Post
    Nice, I have never heard of that place since I like in usa but they do have some great prices. I think the cheapest keyboard at local stores where I live are about $10 but there wired. I might have to buy some stuff from ASDA if they ship to the us.
    ASDA is owned by Wal-Mart... Essentially its the UKs version of Wal-Mart

XBL: RoganTheGypo

chatpad is easier. you talk about playing on the couch but now you have to have a long cord just to type?
    Reflexive Fire: Failure Drill

Quote Originally Posted by IGears View Post
    chatpad is easier. you talk about playing on the couch but now you have to have a long cord just to type?
    You can get it wireless. Not all keyboards are corded.

[QUOTE=rathb18;43945]You can get it wireless. Not all keyboards are corded.[/QUOTE

yeah, plus with the price of both the chatpad and a wireless keyboard almost the same. but im not sure on how the chat work. will it open up a window just to type?
    Reflexive Fire: Failure Drill