+ Reply to Thread

Text chat not working after warmaster event

Time: Approx 17:30 8/JAN/2018 (Just after warmaster event south of Overpass)

Game Details: Warmaster event/Major ArkFall (I started the event using 4 Ark spikes)

Character Details: Character Name: Agent Fanta EGO rating: 5724 Ego power:Overcharge

Expected Outcome: I exited the warmaster event and typed in "Zone" chat, I expected the chat to appear in the text box after I pressed enter.

Observed Outcome: I typed the chat in the text box (i saw the typed chat) and pressed enter, the text did not appear in the text box, the text box remained the same as it was.

Repro Steps: Enter a warmaster event, finish the event and then type in chat.

Image/Video Documentation: none at this time

Other information:
    I have not had the time to check if this happens every time as I have not kept a log, I only know that it has happened quite a lot of the time (I start quite a few warmaster events) and I am reporting it because it is becoming frustrating.

I have not heard of other people having the same problem, so the problem might be specific to my character.

I am still connected to the game, as I can still see people moving around in the game, I have even fast traveled to see if that will resolve the problem, but it appears as if I must log out and log in again to restore functionality.

If you need any further information please let me know.

Many thanks

2.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #2
    We'll take a look, thank you!

3.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #3
    Agent Fanta, can you please try to relog and see if that fixes it for you? We're also investigating further on our end but want to get you back to playing ASAP.

it happens a lot when you enter and leave all match making.

Hi, Sorry I have only just seen your responses as I have been playing the game, being as its my day off and I have nothing better to do.

Just to be clear, logging off and back on again solves the problem, but I would prefer not to have to do that every time I leave a warmaster event.

If by your message you mean that you have done something and would like to see if it happens again, then I will be happy to look out for the problem and report it here if it does happen, thank you. (time for another warmaster!!)

Also as DEATHBRINGER210 said I think it happens when leaving other matchmaking as well, but as I am going from memory here I only included definite situations.

I understand the nature of trying to fix these things and the difficulty around them, so I do of course appreciate any help you can provide on the subject.

And thank you for your very quick response.

Hi,

After entering and leaving a warmaster event my chat was still working!! yay!

I hope this is solved, but if I get any further trouble I will raise another ticket.

Many thanks

not fixed

Hi,

I just finished a Warmaster event at approx 3:30pm GMT and once again my text chat is broken.

Again, I am clearly still connected to the servers as I can see others moving around doing stuff, just no text chat. In fact I did not see any new text chat after I left the event (from other people).

I am not really sure if i should start a new thread in case this was considered closed, only I am off to work now, so just wanted to get the message across before I left.

Many thanks