+ Reply to Thread

Community and intention

Over the coarse of this game we are data logged and timestamped.what we earn, what we trade, what we say .if trion has access to this infomation what i think would be an interesting idea is if we could use the trade chat and time stamp the intention of trade. That is if two guys were muleing guns or one was lending a rig .the lenders could time stamp intentand ask recipient of item to agree.i say this as a way of surporting the genuine honest helpful and supportive players from being ripped off. Any guy that would lend a jp rig to a clan mate .does not deserve to see that guy leave clan and stop communications .

Great idea, one way to alleviate extra work on trion would be form them implement some sort of trade timer. Select the trade timer button in the trade window, it is set default time period. I'm thinking the simpler the better from dev side. Few friends I have lend jp rigs, and jp weapons to test. I would rather delete my character and burn my sli rig to the ground than steal even one mod. Sad though that gaming community can be source of piain due to theft. Or worse having you reputation slammed for not remembering a player name from a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by collumfive View Post
    Over the coarse of this game we are data logged and timestamped.what we earn, what we trade, what we say .if trion has access to this infomation what i think would be an interesting idea is if we could use the trade chat and time stamp the intention of trade. That is if two guys were muleing guns or one was lending a rig .the lenders could time stamp intentand ask recipient of item to agree.i say this as a way of surporting the genuine honest helpful and supportive players from being ripped off. Any guy that would lend a jp rig to a clan mate .does not deserve to see that guy leave clan and stop communications .
    Update Mods, Chips, Weapons

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZg...XHv1A9dCkd7yNg

In Game ID: 007Kirk

Thought of multiple ways the timer mechanism could be abused: making the idea no go I think due to programming side
    1. Once the temp trade/timer button was clicked by both parties:
    a) all items are trade locked
    b) all items cannot be deleted
    c) all items cannot be modified
    d) even if character is deleted items are return to at least one party.

Quote Originally Posted by kromc5 View Post
    Thought of multiple ways the timer mechanism could be abused: making the idea no go I think due to programming side
    1. Once the temp trade/timer button was clicked by both parties:
    a) all items are trade locked
    b) all items cannot be deleted
    c) all items cannot be modified
    d) even if character is deleted items are return to at least one party.
    I was looking at the way the game offers the paid bonus instore .there is a defunked exchange .how hard would it be to remove trade option.and opt for a patron holder a lend option.

Quote Originally Posted by collumfive View Post
    I was looking at the way the game offers the paid bonus instore .there is a defunked exchange .how hard would it be to remove trade option.and opt for a patron holder a lend option.
    I really like the suggestion but if any suggestion is put forward with any chance of success it must be easy to implement and remove all work load from the dev/support side.

If you the add an option for lending will it stop someone from (overwriting/retrieving mods, overwriting/pulling chips), (changing mastery/rolls), (trading/breakdown/vendor sale), character deletion. I would not want the option if it gives a false sense of security to someone if the above can be done.