+ Reply to Thread

Has anyone played Thorn Arena on Expert Difficulty?

I was surprised that it was actually a challenge and I wasn't entertained enough to see it through to round 5. I farm the normal difficulty for rep all the time. I was wondering if theres the possibility of more rep for harder difficulty or if the golden hellbug drops an oj if you kill it. Instead of do something in-game I'd rather not do to find the answer, I thought I'd see if anyone else bothered and if it was worth the effort or if golden hellbug drops improve with more people in the arena. On normal the bug drops purples all the time...perhaps a harder setting drops oj's? Any input from someone who bothered with this would be delightful.
    Guardian Warriors is always recruiting! (Xbox 360, NA Server)

Sadly there is no difference between the difficulty levels other than the added challenge you still get the standard 25 rep (50 if you replay the story). Expert arenas are a great way to master difficult to master weapons like bmgs and infectors (specifically the scrapper one).

I found them really easy. What gear are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Black View Post
    I found them really easy. What gear are you using?
    Syphon bombadier and bio det. It just wasn't worth it to me, when I wanted rep as easily as possible.
    Have you gotten any good drops from the golden hellbug on expert?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Consumer View Post
    Sadly there is no difference between the difficulty levels other than the added challenge you still get the standard 25 rep (50 if you replay the story). Expert arenas are a great way to master difficult to master weapons like bmgs and infectors (specifically the scrapper one).
    Thank you for the input and advice. I plan to finally get soleptor's jp ar today. The arena may be the way to master it quickly unless I get in early on some incursions. I have 1499 rep atm.....wtf! how is that possible to be 1 point off! I was doing an expo yesterday just for one point....got to dekuso's offspring...ended up running through the gate while it was invis...couldn't decoy back through...tried sniper and grl combo to whittle him down off the boat....then I get kicked back to the island....wtf. I just turned my 360 off after that. This game's infrastructure baffles me. No lag with people from 5 different countries while in pve, but this game will crap itself during expo solo...why, trion, why....

I don't play TL arenas at Expert, they give me thesame amount of rep if you do at Standard and this is disapponting. I could suggest a review of that, but I gave up (25 for standard, 35 for advanced, 50 for expert)

Sig by Tauriiel
    Assista aos meus vídeos/Watch my videos
    Playing at: PS3 NA / Só vem!! >>> Galaxy Rangers xBrazilx PSN

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0Playr View Post
    I don't play TL arenas at Expert, they give me thesame amount of rep if you do at Standard and this is disapponting. I could suggest a review of that, but I gave up (25 for standard, 35 for advanced, 50 for expert)
    I tried requesting an entire overhaul of Thorn to make it more like expos. 5 rep per round, as many as you can go, difficulty going up every 5 rounds. More ppl would actually play arenas if it felt like there was more to gain from it. Like most other things in this game, I just do it for the rep.