+ Reply to Thread

PvP Rating System

I think that PvP should have it's own rating system that's independent of the ego ratings. I don't think that it's very balanced when there's a team of people that are really good at PvP vs. a team that are just getting started into actually doing PvP. Similarly, I don't think it's balanced if you end up on a team full of new PvP players vs. a team full of experienced PvP players. Those types of matches are typically very one-sided and not balanced at all. For me, personally, it's a bit frustrating when this occurs because all of the new players die off quick and it leaves you stuck in a 1 versus how many others situation. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it feels for all of the new players when they go up against a team full of experienced players. I believe that a rating system of some sort would help balance things because you would have people at a rating of 1100, for example, playing with and against a team full of similarly rated people. What does everyone else think about this idea?

they have done something like this . and it killed off pvp. at least new players are doing 6000 ego level damage . when the start to pvp.

How exactly did it kill off PvP, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a relatively new player, so I'm not aware of how things were in the past.

matches wouldnt queue up

Oh, I see how that could be a real problem. There's already not too many people playing PvP as it is, so a rating system would kind of make it really difficult to find matches. I wonder if there's a different way to make it more balanced then. I could see a rating system working if there were more PvP players though.

SAS is right every in PVP gets scaled up to ego 6000. Make sure your weapons are up to your ego or they won't scale properly. Plus work on getting the gun class you use ranked up. That does not scale.
    PSN bearbug74

PS3 IGN The Lady74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN The Lady
    Ego 50
    Clan Here2***ShtUp

You get better by playing against players that are better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady View Post
    SAS is right every in PVP gets scaled up to ego 6000. Make sure your weapons are up to your ego or they won't scale properly. Plus work on getting the gun class you use ranked up. That does not scale.
    Oh, I'm already 6k ego. I meant I'm relatively new in the sense that I haven't been playing defiance for more than a few months, so I'm unaware of how the game used to be. I also didn't know that it scaled up your ego to 6k. I only started playing PvP a couple weeks ago. If that's the case, then my opinion is that it's as balanced as it could possibly be. The rest comes with experience, as Miss Black said. Though, even with that being said, I still think a rating system would work if there were a whole lot more PvP players. But I do realize that defiance is mainly supposed to be PvE.

alot of the pvpers have been playing for years . new players arent just gonna jump into pvp and be pros at it.

Yeah, that's definitely true. Everything does come with experience.