+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by professor chaos69 View Post
    Thanks for the event and the sale!

I bought 13 boxes today and yesterday only got 1 useful orange chip. I am not here to whine and cry too loudly but sale or not price vs value is not there. Yes I know that some players spend several hundred $ on boxes but not me. Some players may say here is the worlds smallest violin that is fine, I was not expecting a jackpot for what little I spent but why all the blue item crap for real $. This is why I rarely spend my money on defiance.

https://youtu.be/j7emynCK9Hw

Having said all that defiance is a great game to play, and I like to support it. Defiance has great potential it has come a long way, and yeah the dev team has done some really awesome things that I am thankful for.
    I realise you're not here to whine but thank you for reaffirming my decision never to invest in these event crates and to be honest I'll be very surprised if there's much take up from the ps3 or xbx players without a statement from the devs that characters will be able to transfer to the next gen consoles if it becomes a thing.

How would you feel if they say in a months time guess what we've been able to create a stable game on the new generation consoles but we're afraid we can't do character transfers for whatever reason and you'd just spent £€$100 on crates.
    Personally I'd be livid to say the least.

I realise that won't apply for pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    I realise you're not here to whine but thank you for reaffirming my decision never to invest in these event crates and to be honest I'll be very surprised if there's much take up from the ps3 or xbx players without a statement from the devs that characters will be able to transfer to the next gen consoles if it becomes a thing.

How would you feel if they say in a months time guess what we've been able to create a stable game on the new generation consoles but we're afraid we can't do character transfers for whatever reason and you'd just spent £€$100 on crates.
    Personally I'd be livid to say the least.

If they don't they don't transfer they have to hope for new players to join with with a worse reputation and lose most current players. I would not worry about it at this point I think there hands are tied they will have to, it will be too much for them to lose.
    disconnect parody https://youtu.be/ndozn_qDVJI
    defiance pax parody https://youtu.be/wpIwZeuJZAU
    professor chaos69
    founder chaos crew pc/na
    all players welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    It just might apply for PC players. It's theoretically possible that the new system will be too different. And then PC players will need to have their characters copied / transferred too. It's pure speculation right now, of course.

For example, will the new version support every single weapon type / skin / outfit etc? Will every single asset be simply replaced / upgraded? It's just possible some things may not be the same or may not survive the update. I'm hoping that nothing will get lost and that things will simply be improved / fixed .

I just know from experience with software; that sometimes modules / features get removed / deprecated and sometimes things can be a challenge to copy on to new systems. For example, does version 4.0 of the Gamebryo engine support everything from version 2.5?

I bought 13 boxes today and yesterday only got 1 useful orange chip. I am not here to whine and cry too loudly but sale or not price vs value is not there. Yes I know that some players spend several hundred $ on boxes but not me. Some players may say here is the worlds smallest violin that is fine, I was not expecting a jackpot for what little I spent but why all the blue item crap for real $. This is why I rarely spend my money on defiance.

Having said all that defiance is a great game to play, and I like to support it. Defiance has great potential it has come a long way, and yeah the dev team has done some really awesome things that I am thankful for.
    Since the series went off the air on Sci Fi the game has not changed accept the adding of expedition zone and buying of weapons. This game had possiblities when it came out but they just see it as collect what money they can while they can now.

Hi professor, u have this clan in Ps3? Maybe we can partner in defiance and expand your clan. See ya..

Hi professor, u have this clan in Ps3? Maybe we can partner in defiance and expand your clan. See ya.