+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove rarity tier bonus locks on perfected weapons

I have been thinking lately that some (if not most) of my perfected weapons don't really feel so "perfected" since they end up with terrible rolls like for example supreme reload and legendary recoil on a blast rifle. Or just don't have rolls that suit my preferences. My idea is that rarity tier roll locks should be removed and have it let us free roll our perfected guns so we can try getting the desired rolls wanted. The system doesn't have to be changed in any way really. The higher tier rolls can still steal the lower tier rolls to keep a level of randomness to it and add some different symbol for all the rerolled rolls so you know what was messed with if you choose to reset the gun.

Possibly add some of the special epic tier rolls to perfected weapons that jackpots have too.

I recall one of the devs saying the idea of perfected weapons was to allow the players to build the guns they want if I'm not mistaken. Removing the tier locked rolls would definitely give us a better ability to build our dream guns lol
    Xbox NA: Riyo Chuchi / Volla Enda / Juno eclipce / Darth Aquariuss
    Xbox EU: RYZIX

Clan: Rifle Legion / Helios Ascending / Valor Legion

GT: Darth Aquariuss

Like music? Check out mazeofentertainment!

Once i realized perfected weapons were basically massive ark forge sinks I lost interest in them. I don't find any joy in endlessly rerolling in the hope the RNGesus will let me perfect my "perfected" weapon with out breaking the bank. I would prefer that perfected weapons either come with good rolls out of the box, or to expand on your idea, let us select the rolls we want for all tiers at the same time for a fixed price - no RNG.
    Server: PC NA
    IGN: Verga DeFuego
    Clan: Cronus

Quote Originally Posted by Verga DeFuego View Post
    Once i realized perfected weapons were basically massive ark forge sinks I lost interest in them. I don't find any joy in endlessly rerolling in the hope the RNGesus will let me perfect my "perfected" weapon with out breaking the bank. I would prefer that perfected weapons either come with good rolls out of the box, or to expand on your idea, let us select the rolls we want for all tiers at the same time for a fixed price - no RNG.
    I didn't suggest any non RNG alternatives since I am pretty sure they will never let that go as they still need to make money. But yeah I would love to literally just pick out the rolls I want without any hassle from RNG. That would be even more awesome than my idea. One can only hope that becomes a reality

I started a thread similar to this, asking that perfected guns drop at T4 with an upgrade option to T5 for only 1 forge. This would allow us better crafting options and allow more perfected guns to actually be nice, instead of perfecturds.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

I agree that perfected weapons dont always feel very perfect due to terrible rolls, but I'd have to disagree on the rerolling part. I personally enjoy trying to craft guns as much of an af dump as it is. I know there are only but a few of us that probably feel this way but I think its probably done on purpose to encourage people to spend money on af from the bit store or something. Just some speculation of course...but it makes sense to me.
    sig by Tauriiel
    PS3 NA
    IGN: chow1116 (6000) | babebraham lincoln (6000)
    PSN: chownasty11
    For sale items here
    "Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Quote Originally Posted by Riyo Chuchi View Post
    I didn't suggest any non RNG alternatives since I am pretty sure they will never let that go as they still need to make money. But yeah I would love to literally just pick out the rolls I want without any hassle from RNG. That would be even more awesome than my idea. One can only hope that becomes a reality
    I agree with your assesment. Trion/Defiance seems to see RNG as a way to improve their revenue stream, but I also see more and more people (myself included) who are done spending money when RNG is involved. I've personally gone from spending $50 to $100 dollars a month on bits to not spending anything (except my patron pass). My guess is that if enough people stop buying bits, Trion won't see RNG as a money tree and will have to come up with some other way to get us to part with our cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    I started a thread similar to this, asking that perfected guns drop at T4 with an upgrade option to T5 for only 1 forge. This would allow us better crafting options and allow more perfected guns to actually be nice, instead of perfecturds.
    I like your idea here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Weapons-as-T4 better than the current system. I hope that Trion sees all of these similar comments and figures out a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by chow1116 View Post
    I agree that perfected weapons dont always feel very perfect due to terrible rolls, but I'd have to disagree on the rerolling part. I personally enjoy trying to craft guns as much of an af dump as it is. I know there are only but a few of us that probably feel this way but I think its probably done on purpose to encourage people to spend money on af from the bit store or something. Just some speculation of course...but it makes sense to me.
    I respect that some folks like the gambling aspect. If people like grinding and gambling or buying bits and gambling, more power to them

How about a compromise?:
    Instead of the rolls being pure RNG were you could reroll 50 times and still not get the roll you want, each roll rotates through all available rolls in a random order. You won't get the same roll twice until you have gone through every other available roll. That should give the gamblers their fix, Trion their extra $$, and those of us who hate to gamble better odds.
    Server: PC NA
    IGN: Verga DeFuego
    Clan: Cronus

I agree with your assesment. Trion/Defiance seems to see RNG as a way to improve their revenue stream, but I also see more and more people (myself included) who are done spending money when RNG is involved. I've personally gone from spending $50 to $100 dollars a month on bits to not spending anything (except my patron pass). My guess is that if enough people stop buying bits, Trion won't see RNG as a money tree and will have to come up with some other way to get us to part with our cash.

I like your idea here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Weapons-as-T4 better than the current system. I hope that Trion sees all of these similar comments and figures out a better solution.

I respect that some folks like the gambling aspect. If people like grinding and gambling or buying bits and gambling, more power to them

How about a compromise?:
    Instead of the rolls being pure RNG were you could reroll 50 times and still not get the roll you want, each roll rotates through all available rolls in a random order. You won't get the same roll twice until you have gone through every other available roll. That should give the gamblers their fix, Trion their extra $$, and those of us who hate to gamble better odds.
    This is an awesome idea and its been brought up in forums before...i believe it was actually one of johnny's posts. But I'd be all for this....and have it apply to masteries as well lol
    sig by Tauriiel
    PS3 NA
    IGN: chow1116 (6000) | babebraham lincoln (6000)
    PSN: chownasty11
    For sale items here
    "Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Masteries NEED to be adjusted so that they only roll one time before repeating. Spending 1700+ forge or more to get a desired mastery is obscene, and unfortunately, commonplace. I have brought this up multiple times on different occasions/threads.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    Masteries NEED to be adjusted so that they only roll one time before repeating. Spending 1700+ forge or more to get a desired mastery is obscene, and unfortunately, commonplace. I have brought this up multiple times on different occasions/threads.
    I agree with you. Mastering weapons is such a hassle that I don't even bother with it most of the time. I just master the gun once then throw it in the corner to be forgotten if it's not good lol

I know trion thinks rng = income but in all fairness who here buys forge with bits? I haven't nor will I ever. Why buy something you can get free in game. Put in a few hours and you have 500af. So trion has some faulty wiring on this little scheme. I don't think I know a single person investing bits in anything more then patron and maybe pullers. I say let people roll a gun how they want. If you want all dmg rolls do it. You want purple mag or recoil no problem. You want to see people spend on the game let em pay for what they want and don't hide behind a broken rng with no true random number to show. Honesty builds a happy customer base which is how you truly line your pockets. The more people get lied to and ignored the less they tend to be repeat spenders. Simple business not complicated stuff here.