+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So A few Ideas/Suggestions I have.. -Evil laughter- please tell me what you think.

So here I am, this time on Defiance plotting my ideas. o.O So i will have my ideas listed below, simply tell me what ones you like, and which ones you think would be broken or a hell no to. To me I enjoy to create so being a dreamer i toss alot of other crap out the window during my process.. Now i'm posting as a Playstation user so i will use some reference to the controller in my ideas.

1:The Monarch
    Type: Vehicle
    Rarity: Orange
    Purpose: To have your own hellbug mount like in Rift, and look cool riding one.
    Location : Very rare chance to drop off any Monarch Hellbug.. like a .0001% chance..
    Image: well its a monarch hellbug. I'd imagine a classic Red version would be the vehicle
    --
    <Movement>
    Basic: it walks/runs
    Boost : Curls up in a ball and rolls at an accelerated pace, If boost is held to fully deplete will stop at end of boost, otherwise if canceled early just resumes basic movement.
    Horn: "Hellbug shriek" :: Does not summon hellbugs.
    Boost Limit: fairly large, with decent recharge..
    Speed: Same as the enemy variant.
    HP: More then motor vehicles.. Cuz I have yet Roadkill any of the monarchs..

-----------------------------------------------

2: A Shady Package...
    Type: quest- Chain
    Reward: your very own Hellbug Pet which is summoned via a grenade.. and you have put alot of hours YES REAL hours into raising..
    Purpose: to have a hellbug pet, but also used as an alterantive time waster while its being raised takes a real month to raise to combat effectiveness.
    Quest Start: The Pig guy Varrus at a location..
    Quest Details :: After purchasing a package Varrus "Tricked" you into buying with a no Return policy.. you are then having to go to visit some npcs like Eren to go onto the process of hatching your egg.. The quest will take up alot of script to complete. to buy a "pen" to keep the baby hellbug that it can't burrow out of. Also you need to name it.. And due to the tech being able to choose the type of hellbug your end up with. Oh I almost forgot during the quest your have to "abduct" raiders to be your baby's food... The process goes from hatching it after a week of incubation, then during the baby stages you spend another week feeding it, and getting it more used to you. then during the "Adult" stage your recieve a Hellbug type based on what you chose during the genetic tests.. be it a Archer type or Crawler Type.. So your have a Range bug or a brawler bug. Sorry No monarchs Even i know that would be TOO OP to have as a pet..

Pet Behavior: The Pet is summoned after you toss out the grenade that summons it, it will remain with you until It dies, or you get into a vehicle. [ they can't keep up with vehicles thus forces despawn ] The Pet Acts on a basic mentality of "Kill any hostile it sees" Please note: it's Stats are based on your Ego and your shield value. since it recieves Plates according to it. The Pet will pick up loot automatically from enemies it kills.

Controls : besides chucking the grenade to summon it. you can't order it around. its still veiwing everything thats not you as food. well you and other ark hunters. Also tossing out another grenade wont summon another of your pet. instead tossing out another will make your pet burrow and retreat..

Pet Grenade: I know i call it a grenade, but its more like a device conjured by the ego system to chuck to a location. it has no "charges" that must be refilled instead its stuck at 2/2 charges.. 1 charge to use to summon the other to dismiss, once at 0/0 it will begin to regen. or if you get in a vehicle charges go to 2/2 once your vehicle moves far enough to despawn the pet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

3: Endless Waves..
    Type : Challenge Map
    Leaderboards: Yes
    Desc: So you know how we have in the open world events that has waves then it just finishes? Well imagine a map where you and a group have to hold a Fort/outpost such but there is NO end, and The map goes until No one is left alive. So you and the group of people up to 40 have to survive countless waves.. and your be rewarded for how long you manage to stay alive.

Goal : stay alive while countless waves of enemies want to kill you or eat you..

Anti-cheat feature : So in several games if you go afk for extended time. or not kill/damage anything for a long time your rewards will be frozen.. well your still get everything you earned up till that time, but during the time your not contributing you dont get anything.. so for those players who hope to get on leader baord by going afk at a location that may mess with the AI of some enemies. they wont be able to scale leader board, however.. they may be forced to d/c due to how many enemies will pile up.. as unlike the open world "waves come during each countdown.. so it adds more hostiles onto the number already..

---

thats my few ideas for this month..

I really like the endless waves idea, i think that would be an absolute blast!!

You could plan ahead with your groupmates and coordinate between each other making one guy the "medic" with healing/revive perks, another guy the heavy hitter with rockets/purgatory, maybe someone with sludge rockets/bio grenades, another with infectors, etc. You could even strategize who should be using what weapon nano & synergy amongst each other.

I would just say that it would have to be in some sort of arena or closed off location so that once it starts no new people can show up in the middle of it like at sieges/incursions. Otherwise it would probably never end lol.

And I'd also say that the standard co-op group of 4 would probably be enough. 4 people with the right loadouts could still last for quite awhile, but not overly long. 40 people could last for hours and hours lol. Either way though, sounds like it would be really fun, and I also really like the score/rewards freezing idea as well.
    Platform: PC/NA --- IGN: Krapping Koala --- Clan: The ZODIAC
    ---

3.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #3
    Oh boy, a hellbug mount would be epic. Love the ideas and thanks for sharing, keep it up!
    Scott "Mobi" Jasper
    Community Manager

1: The Monarch - Super cool
    2. Hellbug Pet would be fun
    3. Endless Waves would be fun, back when pocket legends was popular I would switch to
    my mage just to pull a ton of mobs to level campers it was so entertaining.
    Update Mods, Chips, Weapons

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZg...XHv1A9dCkd7yNg

In Game ID: 007Kirk

I like the ''Endless waves'' suggestion but even if it was implemented it'll probably get nerfed after a few months under the pretext of being exploited and then we'll end up with no rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy303 View Post
    We also want honesty and transparency. Don't say one thing and then do another. And silence is worst of all. Don't say our voices matter and just completely ignore us.
    Quote Originally Posted by defiancegame View Post
    How hard will it be to bring the HUNT back? Remove nerfs and let us enjoy it before it's gone!
    ``Some people can't leave things be, they have to ruin it for everyone else!``

I have an idea. Change the Ex Inanis synergies out.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

I would really enjoy that endless waves one.

Ive been wanting a survival type versions of a expo forever now
    Not easy. Just simple.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityDusk View Post
    I would really enjoy that endless waves one.

Ive been wanting a survival type versions of a expo forever now
    Have you tried tier 50+ War Below, Stolen Purpose or Heaven Sent? I would say those count as "survival expos" especially Heaven Sent.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    Have you tried tier 50+ War Below, Stolen Purpose or Heaven Sent? I would say those count as "survival expos" especially Heaven Sent.
    well... ive tried them all but the farthest I can make it is tier 30. even tho im decent in pvp Im awful anything pve related :T
    Not easy. Just simple.

The monarch vehicle and pet have been suggested in the past and there was a reason why they couldn't, unfortunately i don't remember the reason. Considering the latest dev likes it may help a little but i think there was a problem with trying to implement it.

Trust me when I say I would love it if they did, I still rock my shadow hellbug mount in rift.