+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I really loved it when the devs included the community in the creative process such as in this thread. It's quite unfortunate, to my recollection, that this was the last time the devs were truly involved with the community.
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

It feels more like selective interest versus selective hearing. Either way it's counter productive in terms of trying to build a relationship between Trion and their players.

Every 4 months or so, Trion will suddenly start showing an interest in us and will make some posts inviting feedback or tell us about something new and exciting that's coming soon®. We all get excited, post our comments and then...... nothing.

It's like meeting this awesome person that you totally hit it off with and start dating. It's all hot and happy for a few weeks, then suddenly she starts blowing you off and you have no idea what the hell happened. When you finally contact her she sounds bored and disinterested. She tells you she still likes you but she's got a bunch of stuff going. Then after a few months, she suddenly calls and wants to hook up. It's great again for a few weeks until she goes back to ignoring you.

How many times would you go through that cycle of intensity and disinterest before you decide the person isn't worth the hassle or stop believing anything they say?

During Armistice 2017 pick and name jp forum event, only I and one other person i recall requested they add derailer jp sniper "for I like sound its mean, and looks" and they did add it ty. Now if only they would add breath of fresh air into dlc, items, syns, vendors, features, pursuits, lore, and so much more... dlc's status quo and current state needs facelift pls ? 7th legion "stuffs lol" mentioned makes me sad... ^~^...

ps berserk sb syn mass cannon 30% mag boost is comical "yes i know requires 50% mag to equate to 1 bullet i.i.r.c" but damnnn

And remove visual glitch of in game store opened from left trigger tabs to not read omni rig crate it is false advertisement

none of those are actual fixes for the game though, it's quite simple thing to do, yes they do listen from what I have seen, they listen to the wrong suggestions though, I mean great the hoverbike ( that we didn't really ask for) doesn't have skidmarks, so a vehicle that was only available for 2 weeks for $23 that not many bought still works the same, that is not a fix of the game or new content, if maybe the bike was for sale all year round for say $6 (without the rest of the pack) and the breaks didn't work and that was fixed it might be something as more players may well have bought it. I don't even care if my ideas are used or my suggestions of what is broken are taken as long as something is done in the right direction for the game.
    be mindful of what you ask to be 'fixed'

Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    none of those are actual fixes for the game though, it's quite simple thing to do, yes they do listen from what I have seen, they listen to the wrong suggestions though, I mean great the hoverbike ( that we didn't really ask for) doesn't have skidmarks, so a vehicle that was only available for 2 weeks for $23 that not many bought still works the same, that is not a fix of the game or new content, if maybe the bike was for sale all year round for say $6 (without the rest of the pack) and the breaks didn't work and that was fixed it might be something as more players may well have bought it.
    OK, but I would not look at it that way - 'wrong people', 'wrong suggestions' etc.

From my developer's point of view, generally, I don't care about the 'who', just the 'what'.
    And ... since the forum suggestions and ideas might come to me via another member of staff (say the CM) then I won't know the 'who' anyway.

If a user says there is a minor typo in one of my apps ... I will fix it ASAP because it only takes a few seconds (and more time compiling and publishing, so I would want to combined several small fixes in one release).

If, on the other hand, they tell me there is a bug which needs a lot of hours to track down and resolve (and it may prove very difficult to resolve, since the issue may arise from a limitation in some third party code) then that is going to obviously take longer. I may put it on the back burner, I may only work on it when I have some 'free time' and so on.

With the Hover Bike example ... it's just common sense IMHO (and yes, unhappy customers and potential sales were involved). An easy quick fix ... is easier and quicker to do . The code for the Hover Bike was new and easier for the Dev Team to locate and fix ... they knew wherere to look in the millions of lines of code.

The same applies for the Cerberus (hopefully) ... so, that should be an easy one to address (*crosses fingers).

Anyway ... I was hoping this thread would not turn into a debate of "they never fixed my favourite bug" etc ... we have other threads for that . I want bug fixes just as much as anyone else ... but I am also aware that the long standing bugs are longstanding for several reasons (the simplest is simply they are unable to fix them). For me, it's a waste of time to ask someone to fix my car if we both know they don't have the tools to do the job. If Trion buys the tools, then cool ...

I know,some players wanted the game to go back to its core "before my time" by intoducing Ex Inanis and doing away with "Event Arkfalls" and Karma"JPS". I understand alot of players didnt "like" or "Want" the grind of event arkfalls and I get it.But,ya ever hear the old saying "becareful what you wish for", and for those of you that have (ever) read any of my posts "know im beating a dead horse" again !! Im not debating,the Intro of Ex Inanis but very disappointed with the "termination" of the events. How many of you remember the most recent EXL event with drops ? What an "Explosion" of players back in Defiance, including myself and some of my friends that i havent seen in months "At least on Xbox NA". So,for me and many more that enjoyed "A diffrent kind of Grind" simply re-introduce events and karma Jps along with Ex Inanis and watch the playerbase increase along with revenue for Trion if its not to late...............................cheers to all

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock2u View Post
    I know,some players wanted the game to go back to its core "before my time" by intoducing Ex Inanis and doing away with "Event Arkfalls" and Karma"JPS". I understand alot of players didnt "like" or "Want" the grind of event arkfalls and I get it.But,ya ever hear the old saying "becareful what you wish for", and for those of you that have (ever) read any of my posts "know im beating a dead horse" again !! Im not debating,the Intro of Ex Inanis but very disappointed with the "termination" of the events. How many of you remember the most recent EXL event with drops ? What an "Explosion" of players back in Defiance, including myself and some of my friends that i havent seen in months "At least on Xbox NA". So,for me and many more that enjoyed "A diffrent kind of Grind" simply re-introduce events and karma Jps along with Ex Inanis and watch the playerbase increase along with revenue for Trion if its not to late...............................cheers to all

There was nothing wrong with the event Arkfalls when they were holiday events like the Colony Courtship we have now but they turned them into a cash cow with one every month with a weeks break and no time for downtime and propper maintenance.
    Lag was horrendous which amazingly hasn't gone away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the event Arkfalls when they were holiday events like the Colony Courtship we have now but they turned them into a cash cow with one every month with a weeks break and no time for downtime and propper maintenance.
    Lag was horrendous which amazingly hasn't gone away.
    I would agree with the lag issue,no debate here.In light,to what this thread was started to be....I dont want to turn it into something entirely diffrent.I would want to reflect that Light Energy made a valid point.No matter what the platform you play....Kudos to your thread and cheers to all.