+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    increased shield cap isnt gonna save you from getting a headshoted by a player using a nano or eletric rig mass blaster user. the 45% mass blaster buff wasnt needed . they are op without a 45% buff. they need a 50% damage reduction . and nerf to crit mutli .

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    increased shield cap isnt gonna save you from getting a headshoted by a player using a nano or eletric rig mass blaster user. the 45% mass blaster buff wasnt needed . they are op without a 45% buff. they need a 50% damage reduction . and nerf to crit mutli .
    Wait what

The buff is only active for pve

They reverted the changes for pvp

This is how mbs we’re b4.
    Not easy. Just simple.

mass blasters got a 44% damage increase here. which wasnt needed. same thing happen with the guided rockets.
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...amage+increase

mass blasters got a 44% damage increase here. which wasnt needed. same thing happen with the guided rockets.
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...amage+increase
    Well yes I know about that but when they changed the grls nerf em beyond what they used to be they reverted the changes to mbs 2
    Not easy. Just simple.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityDusk View Post
    Well yes I know about that but when they changed the grls nerf em beyond what they used to be they reverted the changes to mbs 2
    can you provide a link to the patch notes. to this about the mass blasters

Sure thing I’m at school I’ll do it as soon as I get home. I’ll have to do some digging
    Not easy. Just simple.

I was wrong in the sense that they were reverted back but they aren't what they were when the 44% dmg buff was active.

maybe we could get a dev to clarify some stuff since a lot isn't official
    Not easy. Just simple.

well I don't want this thread taken down for us being off topic.

I don't think this would be a good implement becuz in all honesty mbs are the only weapons that have had a big impact in pvp dps wise

I don't think pve is hard enough for us to want a shield buff since it would realistically make it so we would never die if we played ark falls and such

in high tier expos I don't die very often (not many do if they know what there doing) and when I do its because I messed up.

in pvp it would ruin archetypes in each gun catagory.

for example if you had decent defense in pvp with a high cap shield it would take 2 hits with a nano fragger

with this buff it would be around 4 I would assume

I just think this would make a ton of weapons not usable and force people to chase after the fastest killing weapon atm which Is a mb.

slightly reducing mbs dmg in pvp should fix this power creep.

Brs even with ID and Cn syn which is assume are the most sought out atm can only amount to around 3300x3 max

mbs can reach 3300x3 very easily. without x2 dmg or rig help

My cn br with x2 dmg (t6 roll) and a t4 pb with a t4ed dmg int omni and aa syn did 2700x3.

Ive had mbs that do 4500x3 and have higher fr better recoil and reload.

mbs are the problem I think.

ultimately buffing shields with the hopes of giving less kill time to the few Insta kill weapons would ruin the others.

I can't imagine a day where my pumpkin takes 5 full mags to kill someone...

yesterday I was playing someone with a t4ed sent and the best defense perks available and they survived 3 full mags :c

(no I didn't miss)

you can infact get around 40% dmg reduction in pvp if you use a rig with 6 defense slots.

2.5x6 is 15% dmg reduction
    and the 15% dmg reduction when shot from behind you get 30% add a charger shield or QG and you get 45% (with QG at least)
    you can also add the perk that gives 15% dmg reduction when ur shields charging as well...

thats 65% if ur using cloak (constant shield recharging) or a life steal weapon since that also counts as shield regen

you can obviously obtain more.

bio reduces dmg dealt (if someone is bioed they do less damage)

I guesstimate its 25% but not sure yet. I can't test everything I want to :T

thats almost 90% ish dmg reduction with 6 t4 dmg diff and the proper perks and set up.

If you are having a problem with the power weapons I suggest you rework your defense

also if ur using a 4 plate shield you get 5% more dmg reduction then ppl with 3 plates

you can add mg syn and get 5% more as well...

im not sure if there is a cap to dmg reduction either. Some games put caps and only give a few decimal %'s once you hit the main cap for a certain stat increase.

an example would be max dmg stat cap is 45%

if you hit 45% and add another 10% it'll only amount to 2.5% or something. my child brain is getting tired... I probably spelt a bunch of stuff wrong 2 :T
    Not easy. Just simple.