+ Reply to Thread

That Ex Ianis Rocket Launcher Mod Vendor sold me bad mods

I attempted to buy mods for Decadence and Depravity. Two of the weapons from Ravenous Consumption synergy.
    When I tried to slot the new mods, they were mismatched because that vendor sold me mods for guided rocket launchers. neither Decadence nor Depravity are classified as guided rocket launchers.

I checked for information from defiancedata.com/weapons/rocket-launchers, possibly there was another rocket launcher from Ravenous Consumption that would accept guided rocket launcher mods and found nothing. Decadence and Depravity are the only two rocket launcher from Ravenous Consumption and neither are guided.

Why does Defiance have vendors that sell Ravenous Consumption Mods that cannot be slotted to any of the Ravenous Consumption Weapons?

The Ex Inanis system … and the Iron Demon Runners in particular … are more open.
    They have a larger variety, a bigger pool of potential weapons / mods.
    This has advantages and disadvantages.
    For example, a bigger range means if players want a GRL (Guided Rocket Launcher), they can now get one.
    So, technically, this is not a bug … just “bad luck” that you got a GRL mod.
    GRL mods seem to drop more often than most players would like.

I think, on balance, having separate GRL and Non-GRL options might be a better, less frustrating solution in the long term:
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Launcher-mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The official community is a space where anyone may speak their mind freely without being subject to a personal or verbal attack from another. When posting, please be considerate of other people's viewpoints, even if you do not agree with them.
    "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - Tony Curran
    Treat suggestions as you would wish your suggestions to be treated (•‿•)
    "Compassion for all living beings is not a weakness, it is a strength"

Unless the random number generator throws a one-off and the Ex Inasis vendors magically start offering perfected Ex Inasis guided rocket launchers in Ravenous Consumption synergy; those mods are useless and can only be slotted to backpack synergy weapons.

I am frustrated that the GM said that nothing was wrong with the mods, as if there were some weapon in-game where they could be of use.

The Ex Inasis rocket launcher mod vendors should come with a pop-up disclaimer, warning players that they often sell you trash mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhagfyr View Post
    Unless the random number generator throws a one-off and the Ex Inasis vendors magically start offering perfected Ex Inasis guided rocket launchers in Ravenous Consumption synergy; those mods are useless and can only be slotted to backpack synergy weapons.

I am frustrated that the GM said that nothing was wrong with the mods, as if there were some weapon in-game where they could be of use.
    If you buy enough Ravenous Consumption Perfected Rocket Caches (from the Ex Inanis Rocket Dealer at the Iron Demon Ranch), you should eventually get a Guided Rocket Launcher with that synergy. So Ravenous Consumption GRL mods would not be useless in that instance.

I believe the available Rocket Launcher types are as follows:

FRC Interceptor RL
    FRC Sludge RL
    Guided Launcher
    Rebounder Cannon
    Rocket Pod
    VBI AR1 Armada
    VBI AR2 Bonfire
    VOT Breaker Cannon
    VOT Longshot Cannon
    VOT Mass Cannon
    VOT Swarm Cannon

So ... you have approx. a 1/11 chance of receiving a "Guided Launcher" when you buy a Perfected Rocket Cache.

The potential Rocket Launcher mod types are:

Active Reload System
    Dispersion Muzzle
    First Stage Booster
    Launch Scope
    Power Muzzle
    Rapid Acquisition System*
    Splash Muzzle
    Target Recovery System*
    Tight Guidance System*

*For GRL only

It is a frustrating situation: the chance of obtainining GRL mods is higher (3/9 or 0.33) than the chance of obtaining a GRL (1/11 or 0.09).
    You are approx 3.6 times more likely to get a GRL mod (from the Iron Demon Vendors), than you are likely to get a GRL (from the Iron Demon Vendors).

However, you are 4 times more likely to get a guided launcher than a syphon mass cannon, in my experience. May be more, still have not dropped a syphon mass.....
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dbag View Post
    However, you are 4 times more likely to get a guided launcher than a syphon mass cannon, in my experience. May be more, still have not dropped a syphon mass.....
    Oh dear

Guided Lancher = 1/11 (ignoring the nano)
    Syphon Mass Cannon = 1/55 (1/11 for MC, 1/5 for nano)
    That means it should be 5 times more likely, in fact.

And you probably need to buy around 55 PW RL caches to get a Syphon Mass Cannon = 55 x 5,200 = 286,000 PG.

NOTE: We can't be sure of the exact weapons tables for the Iron Demon Runners ... because they have not published them AFAIK.

Thanks for doing the math for me LE. Figure this though. I have dropped 3 electric mass cannons and 2 radiation ones. Still don't understand those odds. At
    least the electric ones dropped one of each, dynamic, precise and berserk, lol. And with the 1/55 odds, I am over halfway there.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

LUCK? Luck has nothing to do with it.

I mean Seriously come on guys. You put in a vendor for SMG, LMG, BR and] AR and they all take the same mods. Yet you put GRL and RL in same vendor? They dont fit on both RL. How is this right? Its NOT and should be rectified and the man should be given back his pg and scrip or his mods converted to RL. I mean those are the right things to do. You separate into 3 vendors mods that fit on 4 guns and not mods that dont fit onto 2?
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4303137&dateline=1501  010892