+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why were event arkfall drops removed?

I'm pretty late with this question, but I just wanted to know why they were removed? And yeah, I know about the Ex-Inanis update and the whole concept, but why couldn't that just be an addition to the game instead of completely removing the monthly themed arkfall drops? All that needed to happen was just have the 3 rotational synergies for Ex-Inanis and still have the monthly arkfall things drop mods/weapons for the event.

Example: this month with Colony Courtship could have dropped Flames of Passion synergy mods/weapons AND drop PG like normal. Grinding would feel even more rewarding with this since if you get crap drops from an event, you can still feel a bit of progress with the PG drops.

Now, the monthly events are basically useless besides giving the fights a different feel and having better/worse score grinding depending on the monsters. I miss the excitement from being able to actually find my weapons and mod them up from monster drops. Now it's just basically grind up points for synergies you most likely aren't even completely interested in or just save it up for years until they finally rotate to a synergy you like or wanted to complete.

It feels pretty dull the way it is right now, I just don't see why the Ex-Inanis update couldn't have been an addition instead of a complete overhaul of how things worked previously.

Merci ces pas faux

Yup i agree. I Miss the drops

+1 couldn't agree more

Agree too but, events with the drops are the contrary way where Trion wants go.

Id: Alahali671 (ps3)
    Psn 3 /4: Fingers865
    Clan: "Defiance Terminators"

(The sig-tag is another creation of Tau)

They were removed because they were being exploited. People were using multiple accounts to AFK toons at ark falls to increase their rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    They were removed because they were being exploited. People were using multiple accounts to AFK toons at ark falls to increase their rewards.
    ^
    This.

Plus 80% of the population won't know that now considering most of them left when they changed it.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

Have they ever stated the reason for not having jackpot drops anymore was because of alts or is that just an assumption? If I remember right they stopped when they started Ex Inanis. Since Ex Inanis I think the dev crew kicked the game into cruise control, got lazy and just milk the game.

They don't make new jackpots anymore, they just recycle the old ones we got from the "good old" events. Most veterans already have any of those old jackpots that they wanted. PTS is useless now where it used to get busy every month with new jackpots to test out. They went from making a new set of jackpots and a new synergy every month to letting the game hover in Ex Inanis stagnation for 8 months now.

That's why I haven't spent a penny since Ex Inanis, wheras I spent around $2,000.00 the prior year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman Joe View Post
    Have they ever stated the reason for not having jackpot drops anymore was because of alts or is that just an assumption? If I remember right they stopped when they started Ex Inanis. Since Ex Inanis I think the dev crew kicked the game into cruise control, got lazy and just milk the game.

They don't make new jackpots anymore, they just recycle the old ones we got from the "good old" events. Most veterans already have any of those old jackpots that they wanted. PTS is useless now where it used to get busy every month with new jackpots to test out. They went from making a new set of jackpots and a new synergy every month to letting the game hover in Ex Inanis stagnation for 8 months now.

That's why I haven't spent a penny since Ex Inanis, wheras I spent around $2,000.00 the prior year.
    I'm under the impression that Trion was always going to go this direction and that the afk arkfalls was the final justification to go forward with Ex Inanis. Ex Inanis is basically the "buy a monthly patron pass" (subscription) if you want to see progression as far as loot goes.

There aren't many veterans left to be honest and I miss trying to break things on PTS. PTS was ruined when people tried to use that as their main game play (in order to bypass paying for patron passes and bit boxes) and went as far as creating trade threads.

We haven't had a livestream in at least 3-4 months and communication has been spotty at best. Now understandably the Dev team has deadlines and goals they have to meet however, keeping your current player base included in such trivial things (streaming room developments, game direction) rather than having people resort to social media to figure out what's going on is extremely discerning.

I usually have a patron pass as it's utterly pointless in playing without one but other than that, my wallet stays closed.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by r1p View Post
    Where did you get that statement from?? *They made a certain score((or something like that, but there was a thing that reduced the use of afk toons in HCS event i think)) that players have to reach in order to obtain rewards, so there wasn't much ''AFK toons''. Plus if that was the case(even though it wasn't) then why didn't they remove arkforge from coops, i mean it's exactly the same and even worse since people won't let you join because they're playing with 4 toons!! So what you said was invalid due to these two things i mentioned above.

The real reason as to why they removed them was because a few people complained about not having breaks between events as well as not getting shiny JackPots. And here we go, we got nothing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy303 View Post
    We also want honesty and transparency. Don't say one thing and then do another. And silence is worst of all. Don't say our voices matter and just completely ignore us.
    Quote Originally Posted by defiancegame View Post
    How hard will it be to bring the HUNT back? Remove nerfs and let us enjoy it before it's gone!
    ``Some people can't leave things be, they have to ruin it for everyone else!``