+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: Thoughts on this idea

Thoughts on this idea

I'm making this thread just to throw the idea out there to see if it would be well received or for people to throw out pros/cons. I realize most pvp threads end up talking about personal stats, and I'm hoping this one kind of stays away from that lane.

I was talking with a few people and we all kind of agreed that this would be cool to see in defiance. Everyone can probably agree that pvp needs an overhaul. There is definitely an imbalance in pvp which has yet to be fixed (and I'm not so sure its possible anymore). But...

I think that aside from shadow war, it would be cool to see a legitimate capture the flag pvp option in the open world (or even a new map) with two bases and where you have to physically bring the flag to your base for the capture, and the person carrying the flag cant yield a weapon while doing so. It would definitely encourage a more team-based strategy to pvp instead of people being solely concerned with K/D.

It would also be cool to see other pvp styles seen in some other games too, like kill confirmed and stuff like that. Defiance allows for total customization of load outs and such which is a really cool aspect not seen in a lot of games. It would be cool to see the combination of being able to have customizable load outs and these pvp styles similar to other games. I feel it would add a certain level of strategy to pvp compared to its current meta.

Feel free to add input where you feel needed. Just interested in how others feel about it.
    sig by Tauriiel
    PS3 NA
    IGN: chow1116 (6000) | babebraham lincoln (6000)
    PSN: chownasty11
    For sale items here
    "Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Quote Originally Posted by chow1116 View Post
    I'm making this thread just to throw the idea out there to see if it would be well received or for people to throw out pros/cons. I realize most pvp threads end up talking about personal stats, and I'm hoping this one kind of stays away from that lane.

I was talking with a few people and we all kind of agreed that this would be cool to see in defiance. Everyone can probably agree that pvp needs an overhaul. There is definitely an imbalance in pvp which has yet to be fixed (and I'm not so sure its possible anymore). But...

I think that aside from shadow war, it would be cool to see a legitimate capture the flag pvp option in the open world (or even a new map) with two bases and where you have to physically bring the flag to your base for the capture, and the person carrying the flag cant yield a weapon while doing so. It would definitely encourage a more team-based strategy to pvp instead of people being solely concerned with K/D.

It would also be cool to see other pvp styles seen in some other games too, like kill confirmed and stuff like that. Defiance allows for total customization of load outs and such which is a really cool aspect not seen in a lot of games. It would be cool to see the combination of being able to have customizable load outs and these pvp styles similar to other games. I feel it would add a certain level of strategy to pvp compared to its current meta.

Feel free to add input where you feel needed. Just interested in how others feel about it.
    I’m all for it but some things that would challenge anything balanced in this modes are

Speeds exceeding 300% movement speed

I can achieve 145% with just a common weapon and blur

Making it very easy to capture and dip out

You could also keep the flag hostage by putting bb rounds on it... etc

There would be heavy camping and how would cloak work with the flag?

Could you see where the flag is like in traditional ctf modes?

Would you get a speed penalty to compensate for the speed you can get

What would sludges be like in this one mod?

I think kill confirmed would be great with only the problem of bb rounds but even then that’s a iffy one

Anything that forces you to go in a certain area to win (very close) I don’t think is a good idea
    Not easy. Just simple.

Quote Originally Posted by chow1116 View Post
    Everyone can probably agree that pvp needs an overhaul. There is definitely an imbalance in pvp which has yet to be fixed (and I'm not so sure its possible anymore)
    It just needs to be brought back to the way it was. Adding more maps would be fine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy303 View Post
    We also want honesty and transparency. Don't say one thing and then do another. And silence is worst of all. Don't say our voices matter and just completely ignore us.
    Quote Originally Posted by defiancegame View Post
    How hard will it be to bring the HUNT back? Remove nerfs and let us enjoy it before it's gone!
    ``Some people can't leave things be, they have to ruin it for everyone else!``

Let's be real.....and Im not trying to be rude or funny but If we gave all these ideas,Do y'all really think Trion gone listen to this thread? We gone sit here and talk and talk just to be wasting our breathe on about these ideas...Im not trying to be a "party pooper" but yeaaa. But Chow I really do like the CTF mode and Kill confirmed mode but for the KC mode, I feel like it'll be a lot bugs behind it. Example: I kill Bob, Bob drops his tag, His Tag glitches go below the map, Me(Ked) looks stupid and sits here like "what the hell" then me type "/logout". Example Bob dies,His tag drops I collect it but it doesn't count towards the total score. Yeaaa Good ideas here but just scared for the execution from Trion.
    "If Defiance had more content , we wouldn't have time to troll"
    "Guns shots sound like cans being thrown at the floor"
    "Defiance is just Warframe but without the flips"
    "Only Disappointments get transferred"
    "Having to deal with this companie's rng structure gives worse odds than the powerball!"
    "Hey Trion! Thanks for that time machine called Defiance 2050! Just one problem -It only goes backwards!"

+1 for hardcore kill confirmed and hardcore hardpoint.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

Call of duty game modes ,lol .

I'd play capture/carry the flag for sure. I would not expect to see anything changed this major until/if it's ever released on current gen consoles. Hell, I'd even play a sardines based pvp too.
    I aim to please, I'm just not a good shot.

Link to my items for sale post
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...p-Johnny-Dmart

capture the flag would be cool.

I think speed boosts would have to be disabled in this mode for everyone. Also I think infector Immunizers would get spammed because of their ridiculous long range. I think this concept rocks though.

There are definitely so many variables that would have to be considered in order for something like this to be remotely feasible...but its a cool concept idea. More like a backbone to something that could potentially be really cool and different.
    sig by Tauriiel
    PS3 NA
    IGN: chow1116 (6000) | babebraham lincoln (6000)
    PSN: chownasty11
    For sale items here
    "Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."