+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Effect Trigger

Effect Trigger

Can someone explain to me how this mod works, thank you.

These are all made up values, but the gist is correct.
    For example, lets say you have a fire AR. Let's say the procrate on fire is 10%. If you mod your weapon and it says 1.05x proc rate. you would gain 5% more procs on the fire. That would make the rate 10.5%, unless its additive not multiplicative despite how its worded.

Weapons that have nano/elemental effects (Incendiary, Elecitricity, Radiation, et cetera) have a chance to "trigger" when you hit an opponent. Increasing you effect trigger, increases the chance that you will light them on fire, shock them, irradiate them with green goo...

In general, you're probably better off going for +damage on barrels (or +crit multiplier, if you're using a high-crit multiplier weapon).

Mag Size > Effects Multiplier simply because of... well.. Mathematics.

It's a small chance vs a 100% chance to deal damage. I regret putting this on my AR when I could increase my ammo cap by x1.3

I don't really get the mod system, are the mods that only say 0.95x(blank) reducing that stat?
    Have things you want to trade? Go to http://www.scripsandbits.com/forum/ for the unofficial Defiance Marketplace!

Quote Originally Posted by StickyChief View Post
    I don't really get the mod system, are the mods that only say 0.95x(blank) reducing that stat?
    There are many mods that you can use. Your first Vendor that sells Mods is at Iron Demon Ranch. There are many types of mods to choose from for all weapons. You will occasionally pick up level 2 (green) or Level 3 (Blue) mods that give further improvements to the Level 1 (White) mods.

Quote Originally Posted by StickyChief View Post
    The way I understand it, yes. For example there are BMG mods that have DMGx1.05 and Healx0.95 meaning you sacrifice healing for more damage, and they have the opposite sacrificing damage for more healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad N7 View Post

It's a small chance vs a 100% chance to deal damage. I regret putting this on my AR when I could increase my ammo cap by x1.3
    Thanks, this answered the exact question I was looking for on my LMG.

helpful reply

Quote Originally Posted by Grimwyrd View Post
    Weapons that have nano/elemental effects (Incendiary, Elecitricity, Radiation, et cetera) have a chance to "trigger" when you hit an opponent. Increasing you effect trigger, increases the chance that you will light them on fire, shock them, irradiate them with green goo...

In general, you're probably better off going for +damage on barrels (or +crit multiplier, if you're using a high-crit multiplier weapon).

-------Very Helpful Explanation on EFFECT TRIGGER, Thank You, - Abombdolan89 XboxLive

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad N7 View Post

b/c learn2pvp

chance > mag on most weapons for pvp