+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Defiance Team post in this thread.   Thread: 1300 Max Rep?

file ticket .even tho a player answered you.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    file ticket .even tho a player answered you.
    I have submitted a ticket. Also, the question was not actually answered. Each time I go to a vendor, it says 1300 rep. I'm not referring to the lifetime total, I'm referring to the current total. I'm aware that there is a hidden counter. My issue is with the current amount of rep I have not increasing as I finish contacts for the defiant few faction. No matter how many I complete, be it a daily or a weekly contract, it still shows I have 1300 rep when I visit a vendor.
    Platform/Region: PS3/NA
    Character Name: Protonyx
    Clan/Position: DRH/Leader
    Link To Defiance PS3/NA Discord Server
    Link To Defiance Data Discord Server

Quote Originally Posted by Calm like a Bomb View Post
    1300 rep is not honored status with a faction. It's renowned, rank 6. 1500 rep is honored, rank 8....as to your question, the answer would be no, you do not have to spend your reputation to increase your rank. There's is a hidden counter that keeps track of your overall lifetime reputation. When you reach the threshold of attaining the next rank it will increase. When you accumulate 4600 lifetime reputation with a faction you will increase your rank to 7. 6000 lifetime reputation is required for rank 8.
    this is the answer . you havent hit the lifetime amount of rep to reach the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBRINGER210 View Post
    this is the answer . you havent hit the lifetime amount of rep to reach the next level.
    I never had this issue with any of the other factions though. That doesn't make any sense to me. Even if I haven't hit the lifetime rep to hit the next level, I should still be earning rep to spend at vendors, should I not? That's how it was for 7th legion, for example. I'm currently rank 7, I believe, with 7th legion, and I've never had an issue with earning rep to spend at vendors with them. Or any other factions, aside from def few.

Also, the initial post date of this thread was feb 24th. Almost 3 weeks ago. However, I have been having this issue for about 1 month. I do have a patron, and have been doing def few contacts very loyally ever since I heard about armistice (roughly a month and a half ago). That being said, I'm quite confident that I should've reached the next rank by now anyway.

We already told you .... spend some rep when and/or before you hit the end of the bar or your just wasting the earned rep .. Albeit it is still adding to the vendors invisible counter but you will never get to spend it ...
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Protonyx View Post
    Each time I go to a vendor, it says 1300 rep. I'm not referring to the lifetime total, I'm referring to the current total. I'm aware that there is a hidden counter. My issue is with the current amount of rep I have not increasing as I finish contacts for the defiant few faction. No matter how many I complete, be it a daily or a weekly contract, it still shows I have 1300 rep when I visit a vendor.
    1300 rep is the maximum amount of rep you can have at rank 6. If you have 1300/1300 rep and you do your contracts without spending any rep it will remain at 1300/1300 it will not increase to 1350/1300 etc...but all the rep your acquiring by doing contracts with the maxed out rank 6 rep (1300) will accumulate to the hidden lifetime rep and when you acquire enough to rank up (4600 lifetime rep), then you will rank up. If your rep is still maxed out at 1300/1300, it will go to 1300/1400. If you've spent rep and are not maxed out when you reach the lifetime threshold to rank up it will go to whatever amount you have remaining/1400...(××××/1400)
    "After your death you will be what you were before your birth." -Arthur Schopenhauer
    "Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind Its a grind grind it's a grind it's a grind grind it's a grind grind it's a grind"- Soul Coughing -Bus To Beelzebub

8.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #18
    Greetings, Protonyx. What Calm like a Bomb says is true. 1300 rep is the maximum Rep you can carry at rank 6. You are still accumulating Rep, when you complete contracts, that is tracked by a behind the scenes counter, but the amount of actual Rep you can hold and spend is determined by your current rank. At rank 6, you can only hold and spend up to 1300 Rep. The behind the scenes counter tracks how much rep you have accrued towards your next Rep rank. When you level up your rank, the base amount of rep you can hold and spend will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephkial View Post
    Greetings, Protonyx. What Calm like a Bomb says is true. 1300 rep is the maximum Rep you can carry at rank 6. You are still accumulating Rep, when you complete contracts, that is tracked by a behind the scenes counter, but the amount of actual Rep you can hold and spend is determined by your current rank. At rank 6, you can only hold and spend up to 1300 Rep. The behind the scenes counter tracks how much rep you have accrued towards your next Rep rank. When you level up your rank, the base amount of rep you can hold and spend will go up.
    Thanks Chip !!! We tried to explain this but hopefully he accepts your response
    PSN : bucketmouthjohn

CLAN : Insomniac Hunters

since a dev replied they can close this thread