+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does any one here play with..

A ps4 controller or (if you've heard of it) hori ps4 gamepad. I'm only asking cause my ps3 controller is messing up and to buy a new one it's way to expensive an I'm not into buying knockoffs. Just curious if it's possible to play with either of those controllers on defiance

In Thorn Liro arenas trying to go cheese mode on 'suits
    You can use a PS4 controller to play Defiance. L2 and R2 do not work though, so you won't be able to drive.
    Retirement pending...

PS4 NA
    PSN: JayJr29

Retired on PS3
    Ego: 6k the easy way
    Clan(s): Defiance Terminators, 187 Syndicate, and no tp no cry (best clans on the server)

Quote Originally Posted by John2984 View Post
    You can use a PS4 controller to play Defiance. L2 and R2 do not work though, so you won't be able to drive.
    Actually you can drive, you just have to remap the buttons in settings. I use a ps4 controller,only function that I can't use is melee..which I don't anyway
    PS3/NA
    Clan: Arkbreaker Crew
    PSN: Trogathor
    IGN: Trogathorna / Biscu1t / Tootle Lu / Wiener Toast / DerpyDevil / AnotherToon

Quote Originally Posted by Trogathorna View Post
    Actually you can drive, you just have to remap the buttons in settings. I use a ps4 controller,only function that I can't use is melee..which I don't anyway
    How you have it set up so that you can drive and be able to use your ego

Quote Originally Posted by punisher2431 View Post
    How you have it set up so that you can drive and be able to use your ego
    I use L1 for ego. Forgot along with melee, I also can't aim..but I hip fire anyway so no big loss. You won't be able to navigate the menu either with a ps4 remote either, I use my broken ps3 controller for that

My ps4 controller setup is..

Weapon controls/ vehicle controls

L1 ego. / L1 drive forward
    R1 fire weapon. / R1 drive reverse
    ∆ switch weapon
    Π reload/action
    O roll
    X jump
    R3 grenade
    PS3/NA
    Clan: Arkbreaker Crew
    PSN: Trogathor
    IGN: Trogathorna / Biscu1t / Tootle Lu / Wiener Toast / DerpyDevil / AnotherToon

Quote Originally Posted by Bentu View Post
    Ps3 controllers aren't expensive, I use the xbx version to play on the ps3.
    Do you have a link to that so I can see it

Quote Originally Posted by Trogathorna View Post
    I use L1 for ego. Forgot along with melee, I also can't aim..but I hip fire anyway so no big loss. You won't be able to navigate the menu either with a ps4 remote either, I use my broken ps3 controller for that

My ps4 controller setup is..

Weapon controls/ vehicle controls

L1 ego. / L1 drive forward
    R1 fire weapon. / R1 drive reverse
    ∆ switch weapon
    Π reload/action
    O roll
    X jump
    R3 grenade
    Thanks I'll try that setup soon as I get my controller

Quote Originally Posted by punisher2431 View Post
    A ps4 controller or (if you've heard of it) hori ps4 gamepad. I'm only asking cause my ps3 controller is messing up and to buy a new one it's way to expensive an I'm not into buying knockoffs. Just curious if it's possible to play with either of those controllers on defiance
    So I looked up the prices of the hori ps4 gamepads and they run around $50. You're not into knockoffs but that's exactly what a hori game pad is. The cost of a ps3 controller is around $50 with ps4 versions being $60. I'm confused by your logic.
    Defiance Triple OG // Brwu91- psn// konstantinov91- GT// kon#7166 - discord

RIP Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by konstantinov View Post
    So I looked up the prices of the hori ps4 gamepads and they run around $50. You're not into knockoffs but that's exactly what a hori game pad is. The cost of a ps3 controller is around $50 with ps4 versions being $60. I'm confused by your logic.
    I cannot locate a REAL Sony PS3 controller, all the "REAL" PS3 controllers on Amazon or fleabay are knockoffs that really look like a Sony until you hook them up and you cannot aim steady,