+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next Defiance Team post in this thread.   #1

Producer’s Letter: Defiance 2050 Announcement

Hey All,

This is Matt “Destromathe” Pettit. You may know me as the Producer of Defiance, and today I’m excited to share some amazing news from the Defiance team that has been a long time coming!

The team is gearing up to celebrate our 5th anniversary of working in the awesome Defiance universe, and this year is going to be different from other Defiance anniversaries. We’ve been working to take Defiance to a whole new level and fully reimagine what can be done with a massive online shooter game unlike any other. No single update or patch could accomplish this, so are taking Defiance into the future through a new experience.

We call it… Defiance 2050.

When talking about Defiance 2050, it’s important to know a bit about where the Defiance team has been, and how that leads into where we are headed in the future. After all, this new chapter in the Defiance saga was built to answer the biggest questions that the team was facing.

How can we get the most people to enjoy this crazy massive world we have built? Simple, we put it on a new generation of hardware. Defiance 2050 will be available this summer on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. I‘ve wanted to announce that for what feels like forever!

How will this experience be different? We cannot simply enter this new future without rewriting some of the past. New graphics and improved stability are made possible by this new generation of hardware, which will allow you to experience Paradise like never before. Nothing will be the same, as we are working to reinvent game changing systems. Take your own power and play how you want, with new levels of customization that will create entirely new ways to play Defiance.

Since becoming a part of the Defiance team three years ago, I have discovered that so much of what Defiance is can only be described as completely unique – an experience that you cannot find anywhere else. Whether fighting in huge dynamic battles with dozens of friends or travelling across the huge terraformed world on your ATV with your clan members, the experience has been one that we all keep coming back to over the years, because it simply cannot be found anywhere else.

So how do we stay true to what Defiance is all about? This was the easiest question to answer: we listen to all of YOU. Whether you are one of more than five million players who have played Defiance in the past or a new Ark Hunter eager to sink your teeth into the massive online world with your friends, this game would not be possible without you.

That is why this time, Defiance 2050 will be a streamlined, AAA Free-to-Play experience, built from the ground up with players in mind and taking full advantage of recent advancements in the shooter genre. Everyone and anyone can log in and participate, and I am calling on all of you, new and old players, to come see the new experience that we are creating.

Watch the video below for some exciting new footage, and keep your eyes out for some awesome future updates that the team and I will be putting out to show some of the amazing new systems coming your way.

Video Dev Update: Announcing Defiance 2050

A new day for a new Defiance. Happy Ark Hunting!

– Matt “Destromathe” Pettit
    Scott "Mobi" Jasper
    Community Manager

Wooo. Finally. Been hoping you guys would make it backwards comp or remake basically bhut never thought this would be coming. Super excited. Been bumed since I d9nt have my 360 anymore so been itching to play Defiance. Cant wait to play. You guys are the reason I moved to SF. Once I get some time to go back to school I wanna be able to work on games in the future. Cant wait to play.

(Dressed Up In A Planet Ark Suit, Enjoying Tea On The Rocks, Jade Lights An Ark-Cigar Attending The Ark Grand Hall's Celebrations........)

Not being able to bring your character that some spent hundreds to thousands on and not being able to bring the weapons you busted your rear end to upgrade may hurt this in the long run, but only time will tell. Old school players may not be willing to start over.

We want our whole stuff tho

I wish our things would carry over, this is rather sad to hear. Perhaps atleast the cosmetics will that we've earned since the start. I purchased the game back when it was a $60 pre-order and tested Alpha lol.

Can we get word on this Devs?
    GT: TMG Sebastian Now it is: Master Sergeant

Please be sure to check out my Features/bugs/idea suggestion thread i really want the devs to see it, it will make this game EXPLODE, share input too. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?10888
    EGO RATING:[2600]

Im not sure about the rest of the veteran's of defiance but i honestly don't mind starting fresh as you wont have thoes 5k+ who have modded guns still even tho trion have been working hard to stomp it all out there are still quite a few om Xbox-eu server these days

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast1977 View Post
    Not being able to bring your character that some spent hundreds to thousands on and not being able to bring the weapons you busted your rear end to upgrade may hurt this in the long run, but only time will tell. Old school players may not be willing to start over.

I used to be a PVPer like you then i took a surge bolter to the knee

I tried signing up for the beta but it said my email was already in use (makes sense as it is the email for my Glyph account). Not sure how to work around this.

For what it’s worth, I am glad to see Defiance is making the next step. Hopefully the new version will be able to accommodate features like a marketplace, etc. This would be unique in the shooter genre. Good luck with the launch!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhettro View Post
    I tried signing up for the beta but it said my email was already in use (makes sense as it is the email for my Glyph account). Not sure how to work around this.

For what it’s worth, I am glad to see Defiance is making the next step. Hopefully the new version will be able to accommodate features like a marketplace, etc. This would be unique in the shooter genre. Good luck with the launch!
    Hey Rhettro, if you look at the bottom of that screen it says "Already have a Glyph Account? Click here".

Good to see you!
    PC/NA
    Infinity Eagle 6000
    War Bird 6000

Solo Warmaster Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhO34m1hUp4

Soon® is not here yet.

Is there supposed to be a confirmation email when you signed up? Not getting any (signed up yesterday).